More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:39:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1112623 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #800 on: 2007 September 15, 01:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I have been known to kill kittens. I wasn't aware though that it allowed dormies to marry in the regular hood. I've had campus families before and am aware of the changes it makes in the Uni hood. Just didn't know it affected marriages in the regular hood as well, and didn't know that dormies needed to be transitioned before marriage. Learn something new every day.

So anyone have any luck with downloading Moar Fight? If so, care to share?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 2007 September 15, 03:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bon Voyage allows weddings on any kind of lot now, including dorms so it implies dormies can now get married which would explain the change. although it also sounds like maxis/ea screwed it up as usual.

I also always had to have dormies move in before my sims could marry them pre-BV. Half the time I also had to use the debugger to give them the extra want slots & locks afterwards.

edit - provided magicmoon has BV of course
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2007 September 15, 06:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also always had to have dormies move in before my sims could marry them pre-BV. Half the time I also had to use the debugger to give them the extra want slots & locks afterwards.

This would make sense, as a non-dormie Uni student would not be able to marry without aging to Adult first, so why should a dormie be any different?

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 2007 September 15, 09:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One report so far says YA's can not get married to each other (on any type of lot) so the guide may not be correct about weddings on dorm lots  Roll Eyes

I have no YAs to test with *shrugs* haven't even attached a Uni to my new hood and don't think I will be any time soon.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2007 September 15, 13:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAs are not supposed to marry. Part of the reason for this, as far as I can tell, is that cuts down the "Family Spam". If YAs were married, they'd remember each other's Dean's List and Graduation spams. This appears to be the only real reason, since I've forced the issue before and no adverse side effects other than the SPAM, OH THE SPAM, occurred.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2007 September 15, 14:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, even in pre-ACR games, my YAs have been so randy - and consequently lots of relationships have been broken - that the idea of letting them marry and then have all the hassle of breaking up just doesn't appeal to me, I like to get them through college as fast as possible!

BTW, how many couples do you know who met at College and are still together?

Zephyr Zodiac
blackvelvet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2007 September 15, 16:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is 'debug mode' and how does one acheive it?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2007 September 15, 17:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Press control/c to bring up the cheats window.
Type: boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

You are now in debug mode.

To disable debug mode, type:boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false

You must type exactly, with the correct spaces or it will not work.

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2007 September 15, 19:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Press control/c to bring up the cheats window.
Type: boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

You are now in debug mode.

To disable debug mode, type:boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false

You must type exactly, with the correct spaces or it will not work.

Correct spaces necessary yes - capital letters are apparently not necessary.  I always just type small letters and it works fine.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: 2007 September 15, 21:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just always type it like that, but some cheats don't work in the UK version unless you type them a certain way.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 2007 September 16, 02:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen this effect you describe, ZZ, because I've always run in the UK version for the military time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 2007 September 16, 20:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you've been lucky, or maybe it was true originally and they changed it, I don't know, but I got used to sticking the odd capital in, so I never really think about it now.  (When you're a touch typist, you don't really think much about what your fingers are doing, it just becomes second nature to type things a certain way.)  I do know that at one time if I typed moveobjects on, I would get an error message, but Moveobjects on works every time.

The UK version that you use, JM, is it an option in the US version, or do you buy your copies from Europe?  There may well be a difference. it wouldn't surprise me.

Zephyr Zodiac
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 2007 September 16, 20:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The UK version that you use, JM, is it an option in the US version, or do you buy your copies from Europe?  There may well be a difference. it wouldn't surprise me.
There isn't. Mine is English UK, bought in the UK, and I can't say that I remember having to enter that (or any) cheat with the exact capitalization either.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 2007 September 16, 20:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll check next time I load my game, but I know there used to be a difference.....

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 2007 September 17, 01:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both "US" and "UK" versions are the same, they only differ in what they install as into the registry. UK/Intl will choose EN_UK when installing, US versions automatically install in EN_US without asking.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 2007 September 18, 01:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The version I have asks you whether you want English or Spanish. It's the same program and data files and the support files for all languages are all there, but the installer is different.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 2007 September 18, 14:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Lot Debugger has the option to Fix...Flashing Blue...<each sim on the lot>. I have never seen this option before and as far as I can see nobody is actually flashing blue. I have a very large number of sims living in this dorm and am curious what it is that is wrong before I set to fixing it.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 2007 September 18, 16:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The option appears for any sim present on the lot. If that sim happens to be flashing blue, you can "Fix Flashing Blue" for that sim, and it will pop up the mirror screen, which you can then hit "OK" on. This seems to be a temporary fix for flashing blue accessories. If done on a non-flashing blue sim, you can still use it as a mirror popup, I guess.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 2007 September 18, 21:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The version I have asks you whether you want English or Spanish. It's the same program and data files and the support files for all languages are all there, but the installer is different.

From what I remember, the UK (ie Euro) version lists all the available languages, but English UK is selected, but you can then change it if you wish.  There is also the option for US English, and I can't remember which one I use, it tends to vary with each new reinstall.....But I don't have the 24 hour clock except with JM's alarm clock...

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #819 on: 2007 September 19, 08:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The option appears for any sim present on the lot. If that sim happens to be flashing blue, you can "Fix Flashing Blue" for that sim, and it will pop up the mirror screen, which you can then hit "OK" on. This seems to be a temporary fix for flashing blue accessories. If done on a non-flashing blue sim, you can still use it as a mirror popup, I guess.

That's what I've been using it for, sort of a portable mirror Wink

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2007 September 19, 09:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Emmas suck.

staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #821 on: 2007 September 22, 18:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the Smite option. I have had so much fun smiting walkbys. I've even killed a number of Sims without meaning to. All of them have been Townies, cuz I don't quite have the guts to kill a playable.

Thanks for the Smite, option, Pes. That always brightens my day, no matter how down and out I feel. Combined with Inge's teleporter shrub, and I have endless possibilities.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 2007 September 22, 20:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's "Fix... Age Body" do, anyway?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2007 September 23, 03:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's "Fix... Age Body" do, anyway?
It fixes "bad aging", like when your sim ages up to a toddler but still retains the baby body.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 2007 September 23, 09:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the Smite option. I have had so much fun smiting walkbys. I've even killed a number of Sims without meaning to. All of them have been Townies, cuz I don't quite have the guts to kill a playable.

Thanks for the Smite, option, Pes. That always brightens my day, no matter how down and out I feel. Combined with Inge's teleporter shrub, and I have endless possibilities.

I love the Smite option, too. I use it to punish trashcan kickers, paper thieves and burglars. Unfortunately, the resident sims get the burglar memory, though the burglar never makes it to the front door. I regard the 150§ from selling his/her tombstone as a compensation for the trauma Grin.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: