More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 14:07:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1111445 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #775 on: 2007 August 30, 01:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add a 'cancel adoption' option to the Debugger? I had a stuck phone where the sim would pick up the handset and replace it without calling anyone (I was trying to get her to phone the repairman) I finally forced error on the phone ( I don't think that fixed anything) then deleted and replaced it with a new one. It was the only phone on lot, no cellphones. I then tried 'call>service' again and it immediately popped up 'your request to adopt has been approved, blah, blah.' I don't want this kid!
Try disintegrating the NPC schedulers? There's an option for nuking them in the Lot Debugger. If this doesn't work, don't save, and give me an error log of anything after the attempt.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2007 August 30, 01:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can enter Build/Buy with no problems, and also alt/tab no problems.  The lag is such that the sims instead of walking around normally, walk in jerky, slow movements.  Not as slow as trying to use the video option set too high, but slower than normal and extremely annoying to watch.  It's not like the lag when two sims decide to go and water-balloon fight, which once they get outside and start the fight there aren't any more problems, it's just constant jerkiness, and it can happen in a family of one, or as in the present lot, a family of five or more.  Mouse control is unaffected, and about the only thing that is odd is that sims running under instructions from the sleep clock or BUY are fine, so it is walking and not running that seems to be affected.
I've never heard of a "walking lag" bug. Does it actually affect game performance, or does it seem like those sims are "ice skating"? Ice-skating can sometimes be fixed by Force Error, or you can try seeing if the "Funky Walk" fix attempt is still in the Lot Debugger somewhere.

I've tried moving families to a brand-new lot, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.  Some families unaffected in their original house suddenly get affected when they move up the property ladder.  And it can't be a RAM problem as I upgraded to two gigs, and this hood at present is only using about 600 MB (including all the Windows use and my AV - which I have to leave running as I have the online version of Seasons.)
Aha! You has a spyware problem! Get the ARRficial version of it instead, ditch the spyware.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2007 August 30, 01:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean Maxis (I mean EA) is causing this to happen?  If so, they will certainly hear from me!!!  I got the download for Pets originally, as at the time I had no dvd drive on this PC, and the CD was unavailable in Europe and I couldn't buy it from Amazon.com due to your country's rather wierd technology export laws.  Then, when Seasons was due, it meant waiting about another 2-3 weeks for Seasons over here, so I just got the download again!  Well, the easy answer to that one is I shall just wait for the new EP to come out over here and get the dvd (since I now have a dvd drive) and then I shouldn't have any further problems - once I find the little menace and get rid of it for good!  I would imagine the spyware is in EA Link and not Seasons, so it should then be easy to get rid of it!  It's been nothing but a nightmare anyway - it's forever going wrong, like every time they upgrade the darn thing (and you can't not upgrade) it messes up everything and you can't access your program key - which is the only reason you need the Link.

Until the new EP comes out over here, I shall just soldier on - but if I know which file is the spyware I can at least remove it once my game has loaded.

JM, if you're right, and I think you probably are, since this problem started with Pets, then I am truly grateful!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2007 August 30, 01:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all!  I finally decided to post here again, and I admit it was totally out of self-interest!

Welcome back, ZZ! You've been missed.  Cool

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2007 August 30, 01:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  I have been around, you know (and not invisible) I just haven't been posting, or really reading posts unless they were to do with new hacks or updates.  As I said above, self interest has brought me back.....at least I'm honest! Roll Eyes  But it's nice to be back and seeing what's going on.

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #780 on: 2007 August 30, 07:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try disintegrating the NPC schedulers? There's an option for nuking them in the Lot Debugger. If this doesn't work, don't save, and give me an error log of anything after the attempt.

Okay, I will do. I am moving them to a new lot before the adoption drop-off as they need a bigger house, so no other NPC's will be scheduled to arrive at that time anyway.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2007 August 30, 07:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The nanny has definitely met her match in that option! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2007 August 30, 07:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*flowerchile waves to the much missed ZZ   Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2007 August 30, 09:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I will do. I am moving them to a new lot before the adoption drop-off as they need a bigger house, so no other NPC's will be scheduled to arrive at that time anyway.
This would defeat the point: If you evict them, the adoption dropoff will definitely be cancelled, as far as I know.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #784 on: 2007 August 30, 09:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would defeat the point: If you evict them, the adoption dropoff will definitely be cancelled, as far as I know.

Oh-well that is useful to know.

Anyhow, before I moved them out I popped back in their lot, grabbed the debugger out of inventory and cancelled the sim schedulers. That worked anyway. No adoption dropoff. So at least you know that works as intended anyway. Yay.

All Pescados Suck.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2007 September 09, 00:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pesc,

I noticed the latest version of this has a new option: "Fix My Wants and Locks".  I ran it on a Maxis sim who still had 4 want slots, and it gave him 8 and the extra locks, just like "Upgrade Pre-Uni Sim".  So what's the difference between the two?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2007 September 09, 01:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd, when I tried that option on a sim who had extra locks from the college adjuster, the extra locks were removed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: 2007 September 09, 02:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was mentioned that the lot debugger could fix the issue with broken collections.
Exactly how does one do this?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 2007 September 09, 04:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the latest version of this has a new option: "Fix My Wants and Locks".  I ran it on a Maxis sim who still had 4 want slots, and it gave him 8 and the extra locks, just like "Upgrade Pre-Uni Sim".  So what's the difference between the two?
This isn't a new feature, but *8*? You meant 6, right? The difference between the two is that Fix Wants and Locks reassigns your sims to the (hopefully) correct number, as sims have been known to spontaneously lose slots in the past. It is not entirely BV-enabled, since I haven't analyzed the gain of slots from vacations yet. But a Uni graduate, for instance, should be restored to 6/3, dropouts and expellees differently. It's a fixer, as opposed to an expander.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2007 September 09, 05:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, yes, I meant 6.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2007 September 09, 09:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a new feature, but *8*? You meant 6, right? The difference between the two is that Fix Wants and Locks reassigns your sims to the (hopefully) correct number, as sims have been known to spontaneously lose slots in the past. It is not entirely BV-enabled, since I haven't analyzed the gain of slots from vacations yet. But a Uni graduate, for instance, should be restored to 6/3, dropouts and expellees differently. It's a fixer, as opposed to an expander.

I thought that must be the case, which is why it sees extra want slots/locks gained from the college adjuster as "errors" and therefore fixes them by deletion.

Zephyr Zodiac
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2007 September 14, 05:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to clarify something on the businesses issue.  I had a bit of a mess with this and want to make sure it goes right next time.

My family owns five businesses, four of which are at Level Ten.  I would like to make sure their son gets two of them.  He is still at University and will not be living at home permanently. What do I need to do to make sure he acquires two level ten businesses and keeps them intact with all employees, etc., when he moves out?  I was planning to have him move back home, have his father transfer ownership, and then let him Find Own Place, but I understand there is something else I need to do with the Lot Debugger after (or before?) he moves.

PB

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2007 September 14, 11:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a sim is moving to a new family, you should use the lot debugger's "Transfer Business HQ" option on the new family to move his business HQs to the new family, which will correctly move his tokens. Otherwise the game will forget that he owned that business and has ever been there, or who the managers are, and leave behind a dead orphaned token on the other family. A sim that is moving out of an existing family should perform this process after moving to the new lot. If a sim is merging into an existing family by marriage/merge/move, then his business HQ should be transferred before he moves, as if he is the ONLY member of that family and you merge him in, his previous family, now with no sims in it, will be lost with all tokens.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2007 September 14, 11:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I remember moving Lilith to college when she already owned two businesses, and then when she left college I moved her and Dirk in with Darren, and there was no problem, Lilith still had her businesses and was able to phone her managers every day, visit the businesses and everything else.  (This was when I just had OFB, I lost that particular game when my hard drives got fried, and I've never got that bothered about OFB since, so of course I don't know if it was something that did work originally and then got borked with Pets or Seasons.)

Zephyr Zodiac
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2007 September 14, 16:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Move soulless, creepy Fortune Sim home from college.

2) Perform lot transfer.

3) Make sure he visits his businesses at least once.

4) Move him out into new single pad, aka Temple of Mammon.

5) Use Lot Debugger Option "Move Business HQ."

(Perform before move-out before move into already-existing family.)

Got it.

Baaaaah.

PB

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2007 September 15, 01:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played with townies in a long time, so have forgotten some of their default behavior.

Sim meets a dormie and after graduating, marries her on his home lot. They marry under the arch, she then transitions to an adult, and moves in. Her YA status on her age bar has a red X through it.

I select her, and click on lot debugger. The option to upgrade her is missing, but 'fix want slots and locks' is available and I click it. I don't know what problem she had, but I didn't see anything change. The option to upgrade her is still unavailable.

Now I'm aware that if a Sim drops out of college, that they get the X through the YA age, are supposed to get some type of memory for dropping out of school (she didn't get any memory, just of the wedding), and must retain their original 4 want slots unless they passed freshman year. But what are we supposed to do with dormies? Must we move them in and educate them before marrying them just to allow them to be able to have the max slots and locks? Are they unable to be fixed with the debugger?

And although this doesn't belong here, has anyone had any luck downloading Moar Fight? I get the following message when I try to download it. All the other package files download fine.

The XML page cannot be displayed. A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2007 September 15, 01:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you move her in first, or have them marry first?  I've never been able to get them married until the dormie had already transitioned to adult through the move-in, and then the debugger worked fine giving all the want slots.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2007 September 15, 01:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you move her in first, or have them marry first?  I've never been able to get them married until the dormie had already transitioned to adult through the move-in, and then the debugger worked fine giving all the want slots.

Second that.  I have never been able to get a dormie married to a playable until the dormie was invited over and moved in.  Move in triggers the transition from YA to Adult and the dormie should grow up with the same status as the playable - if your sim graduated, the dormie should likewise be graduated.  Then they can marry and all is bliss (or as much bliss as you care to give them).

The red X would appear to be a sign that something did not go quite as expected, but is a post-uni tag - consequently your former dormie is not a pre-uni Sim, but a uni dropout (so the game seems to think) and therefore no upgrade option (my hypothesis, I know, but it seems logical to me).  Have you checked memories to see what the sim remembers happening?  Do they have a graduation memory, or dropout memory, for example?

Tribulatio proxima est
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2007 September 15, 01:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, most of the marriages have not suceeded unless I move them in first, but the last marriage I did actually worked correctly, so I saved and tried this wedding without moving her in first, and it also worked. I've been using Jordi's Lot full of Sims and up until the last 2 weddings, I have had to move them in first. I'm not sure what changed. I'm still using Seasons.

I was somewhat surprised to see her transition under the arch just after they said their I do's. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

So are you saying that because the game worked correctly this time, that it blew my chances to fix her?

She only had the memories of date stuff, falling in love, and the wedding. No graduation, no drop out, or even a move-in memory is present.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2007 September 15, 01:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So are you saying that because the game worked correctly this time, that it blew my chances to fix her?

Actually, the game worked incorrectly -- YAs are not supposed to be able to get married.  They can only get engaged -- they must transition to adults first before they can marry.

(Of course, there are hacks that change that, the kitten killer being one...)

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: