More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:17:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100646 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #75 on: 2005 September 02, 10:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if this is a new option and does this always show up or does it only show up if something is actually broken? I'm a bit confused about the options. Like do they only show up if something needs fixing, or are they always available regardless of something is broken or not. And if it is the latter, does something bad happen if you try and fix something that ain't broked? Huh
Ste
Doesn't always show up, but sometimes I've had it show up when I've had visitors over in the main neighborhood.  I've clicked on it, but it doesn't always go away.  I don't know if it's just for use on campus, because that's usually where the problem occurs.  Situations where I've noticed it are when moving a sim to a Greek house, and their mood bars seem stuck, dormies that stay stuck in one spot or doing group research for days, cheerleaders and mascots that sit on the sofa doing research or watching TV forever, and others.  Sometimes if you look at their moods by taking control of them (Merola's mirror, Insimenator) their moods will be "stuck" in green.  Not sure if anything bad happens if it's not really broken, but I haven't seen anything bad happen (yet).
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2005 September 02, 14:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh... thanks. I have seen this happen in Uni, with dormies sorta stuck in bathrooms or what not, but maybe that is something else. Because apparently those dormies who seem to freeze in front of toilets or whatever can still pass out and/or die. *shrugs*

But I definatley have seen dormies that seem to do research for days and days on end.  Roll Eyes I originally thought they just really loved research.  Cheesy And I was like, ok, whatever... weirdos... and just assumed that they must have went off to do something else and always come back to do research, since I don't always pay attention to the dumb dormies. But when I saw that they were still there for several days, I started to suspect something odd might be going on. But they didn't die or anything, so it didn't really concern me. They seem to eventually get up and do something else, but maybe they get reset after I quit and come back. I guess next time I see this happen, I'll try that option and see if it fixes them.  Tongue

Ste

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 September 02, 15:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnancy is very bugged, anyway!  I had one pregnant sim in the third trimester, and instead of staying home like a good little sim, she kept turning up after work at other sims' homes!  Sometimes after she'd just trundled past the lot on her daily constitutional!

Yep, Tosha Go keeps dropping by Alexander and Meadow Goth's house, waddling around in her third day belly, before she'd even hit the third day!  She's been pregnant with her second child for as long as it's taken Alex and Meadow to have 2 kids!  I think she's trying to give me a hint.

"PLAY MY HOUSE LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO GIVE BIRTH YOU BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH"  or something like that.

This totally cracked me up. I had the same thing with a sim (dare I say it? ok, it was Bella Goth) in Strangetown. I was bored playing that house and just left it with her being pregnant. Every time I played any other house in that neighborhood, there went Bella waddling along by the house, standing out front and seeming to look at me. I was finally guilted into playing her house at least until she gave birth, lol. Maybe with being a mother myself, I over-empathized with a pixel person.  Cheesy

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 September 02, 16:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or maybe you watch a lot of Star Trek, and you're just a litle afraid they might be "exceeding the sum of their programming"?

Zephyr Zodiac
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 September 02, 16:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or maybe you watch a lot of Star Trek, and you're just a litle afraid they might be "exceeding the sum of their programming"?
lol. I haven't actually watched Star Trek since Kirk was captain but maybe that thought was lurking about in my head somewhere.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 September 02, 16:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sentient sims!  What would we do?  We'd never be able to kill of another Townie or feed a Cow to the Cowplant again!  Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 September 03, 13:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sentient sims!  What would we do?  We'd never be able to kill of another Townie or feed a Cow to the Cowplant again!  Grin

What?!  You didn't know?!  These are indeed real people on another plane of the Universe.  The game actually taps into that other plane and allows you, the gamer, to actually impact the lives of real, living people.  For good or ill.    It is your choice to become either demigod or demon.  Mwahahahahah
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 September 03, 16:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case, I'm glad I'm kind to my sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 September 05, 01:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my CAS-created Sims just turned into an elder, and as she was a Family Sim about to have her 6th grandchild, I decided to reroll her LTW to see if I could get that one to come up.  I rerolled using the Lot Fixer and her LTW disappeared.  If I change her aspiration (using Merola's painting) to something other than Family, everything is normal.  But as long as she is a Family Sim, she does not have a LTW.  Even in SimPE, the LTW is blank and there is no way to select any of the options.

Her LTW before I did the re-roll was "send 3 kids to college", but since she's past childbearing and her 4 kids are all adults, that isn't going to happen.  I want to give her something achievable, like "golden anniversary" or "have 6 grandchildren".

Any ideas?  I'm not seeing this with any other families, so maybe this is something specific to CAS-created Sims?  She was created in CAS as an adult, if that matters.

Forgot to mention - I have the ltwvariety hack installed.

Karen
« Last Edit: 2005 September 05, 01:44:47 by karen » Logged
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 September 05, 06:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what would cause this.  I have only recently installed Uni and have not played it much yet.   But two things I would try are removing the ltwvariety fix, then if that has no effect,  temporarily setting her age back to adult with Simpe. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 September 05, 06:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens with elders sometimes with ltwvariety.  JM said so himself.  You might want to check that thread.  He says if there are no valid LTWs for that sim, then it won't show anything.  Especially with elders since they can't get regular jobs without hacks.  But I would think being a Family sim she could at least get the Golden Anniversary or Have 6 grandchildren want because those are definitely achievable by elders.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 September 05, 10:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove the hack, go and check all your elders whose LTWs you need to change, change them, then you can put the hack back again.

Zephyr Zodiac
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 September 05, 12:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I would think being a Family sim she could at least get the Golden Anniversary or Have 6 grandchildren want because those are definitely achievable by elders.

Exactly!  I think the Golden Anniversary, at least, should have been available even with the hack installed.

I was able to get around the problem by changing her aspiration to something other than Family, then going into SimPE and picking Golden Anniversary as her LTW, then going back into the game and changing her back to a Family Sim using Merola's painting.  And when I had the anniversary party, it did fulfill her LTW, so she's OK for now.  But I still think this is a bug.

Karen
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 September 05, 14:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You were lucky, when I changed a sim's aspiration in SimPE, he didn't get lifetime platinum, even though I got the message that he had.

If the sim you mention is one of the Maxis sims, then they can get a new LTW with the debugger because it's designed to use family LTWs, but any CAS sim will almost certainly roll a blank icon.  It's not even possible with CAS adults to get all the normal options if the LTW fix is installed.

Zephyr Zodiac
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 September 05, 16:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the sim you mention is one of the Maxis sims, then they can get a new LTW with the debugger because it's designed to use family LTWs, but any CAS sim will almost certainly roll a blank icon.  It's not even possible with CAS adults to get all the normal options if the LTW fix is installed.

Why is that?  I have a feeling that's what happened to me, because this was definitely a CAS-created Sim.

Karen
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 September 05, 16:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's because the LTW fix is designed, I think, to pull on parents, grandparents etc. for new LTWs.  Since CAS sims don't have them, apart from children created in CAS from both parents, they have nothing to draw an LTW from.  However, all you need to do, as I said, is removed the LTW fix while you change LTWs, then put it back in again.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 September 06, 02:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why did you have to change their aspiration if you were going to change their LTW in SimPE anyway?  I would think that it wouldn't matter what their aspiration was if you were going to use SimPE to change the LTW.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 September 06, 02:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Ty and Cory Crewe had two daughters created in CAS.  The two girls grew up to teens and went to college, and rettling around in their big house, Ty and Cory knew that, even though they were both Romance sims, they needed the challenge of a baby around the house.  So Ty went and got himself altered in SimPE.  He was already in the police career, as it didn't matter what career he was in since his LTW had been to woohoo with 20 different sims, so he didn't change careers, but he wast treated as female and had his ltw changed to be Captain Hero.  Well, he got preggers, had a baby, and made Captain Hero - but no lifetime platinum for poor Ty, and he was getting tired of his female voice and mannerisms, so he went and got himself changed back to how he was!  Luckily for him the debugger and the clock appeared in his house, so he was able to roll a new LTW which he could fulfill - and he's now on his third career!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 September 06, 02:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you change his LTW from Woohoo 20 sims, or did he fulfill that one and get another one?  I had one sim that didn't get permanent platinum after making General, but that was because I changed it in SimPE, and it may be different now, but there were two different ones for reaching the top of the MIlitary career.  I didn't know which one to pick, so I picked one, and he didn't get it, so I quit without saving and went back to SimPE and changed to the other one.  He was then able to reach his LTW.  Another one didn't get permanent platinum, but that was because of the helicopter bug with the maid's van I described in another thread.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 September 06, 02:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just changed it from the woohoo one to Captain hero, since he's changed to Family, but it didn't work for him.  But the College Clock which I used first worked fine for him - I changed the woohoo LTW to Professional Party Guest, and he got that fairly quickly, then he went on to the top of the athletics career.  I've only got one or two adult sims with the woohoo ltw, and only one with the 20 lovers at once (Keanu Broke) as they're so time consuming to fulfil!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 September 06, 03:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that one takes forever, but TJ's casual romance helps speed things along.  I am working on a couple of Romance YA's to get their 20 woohoos before they graduate using casual woohoo.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 September 06, 09:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why did you have to change their aspiration if you were going to change their LTW in SimPE anyway?  I would think that it wouldn't matter what their aspiration was if you were going to use SimPE to change the LTW.

All the LTW options in SimPE were grayed out (unselectable) as long as she remained a Family Sim.  I did the only thing I could think of at the time, which was to change her aspiration in-game and then try SimPE again.  It worked, but maybe I just got lucky.  After she had a valid LTW I was able to change her aspiration back to Family during gameplay with no problem.

Maybe you could have thought of a better solution, but this method worked for me.

Karen
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 September 06, 09:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just curious.  I wasn't being critical.  I haven't changed any LTW in SimPE in a while, and I didn't know that the LTWs would be greyed out for different aspirations.  That's why I asked.  Sorry if I came across as being critical.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 September 06, 12:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They wouldn't normally be greyed out for family sims, I don't think - certainly not the police career, since that is a family career.  I think it might be because of the LTW fix being installed.

Yeah, that one takes forever, but TJ's casual romance helps speed things along.  I am working on a couple of Romance YA's to get their 20 woohoos before they graduate using casual woohoo.

Trouble is, he's now totally obsessed with his daughter and her mum!  Turns up unannounced even after he's had it away with yet another boyfriend!  The little girl is also obsessed with her daddy, so I think I have to move them in with him for a while, don't want to move him out of his new house, but I can always move her later if I want, after the kid is at college.  They won't be able to get married, in any case, as he's already engaged to someone else!  Why isn't there an option for Romance Sims to autonomously say no when they're on 100/100 with the other sim but have the fear of getting engaged?? 

Zephyr Zodiac
cassandra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 September 09, 20:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this fix time standing still? I have this problem on a few lots, ever since I was stupid enough to install some stuff from the exchange (I checked with clean installer & still got a digital STD?)! Anywhoo, I ended up removing all of my CC & still nothing moves?!?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: