More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:50:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100387 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #525 on: 2006 October 27, 01:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It nukes attraction tokens. This is a precursor to avoid corrupted attraction tokens if you're going to flush gossips or delete sims. Attraction tokens are basically useless and do nothing but cause trouble, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: 2006 October 27, 15:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It nukes attraction tokens. This is a precursor to avoid corrupted attraction tokens if you're going to flush gossips or delete sims. Attraction tokens are basically useless and do nothing but cause trouble, anyway.
Ah, I understand. Thanks for helping us out! I read something about attraction tokens the other day and wondered what they were needed for anyway.  Grin
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: 2006 October 27, 15:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for helping us out!

Agh!  When I got my thread notification email the way it was formatted looked like *Pescado* was thanking someone for something!!!  I can calm down now.  Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: 2006 October 27, 20:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agh!  When I got my thread notification email the way it was formatted looked like *Pescado* was thanking someone for something!!!  I can calm down now.  Smiley
*lying on the floor and holding my stomach* Grin

I'm so sorry for making your heart jump by accident ...  Tongue  Grin
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2006 October 28, 01:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for helping us out!

No sign of any devils and demons ice skating here.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2006 October 29, 06:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added fix for werewolves stuck in permanent hairiness even during the day.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2006 October 29, 06:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would there be a simple explanation, of why the Unblock Fridge Tiles option is not showing/hasn't shown for quite a while (several weeks) in my Lot Debugger?   I've got fridges being blocked but the option is not showing.  I have the latest version, Univ/NL/OFB/FFS only.  No Glamor or Pets.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2006 October 29, 06:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the fridge is being blocked by something other than the normal fridgetile I found, the Lot Debugger won't specifically find it. Try bombing with the Stuck Object Remover. It's a yellow box with the radioactive symbol helpfully labelled NUKE.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2006 October 29, 07:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the fridge is being blocked by something other than the normal fridgetile I found, the Lot Debugger won't specifically find it. Try bombing with the Stuck Object Remover. It's a yellow box with the radioactive symbol helpfully labelled NUKE.

Much appreciated, once again, you've ridden to my rescue.   Smiley

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: 2006 November 01, 15:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with changing lifetimewants and wondering if it's because I don't have all the EPs (base game and OFB only).   The newest version of the lot debugger seems to stick on one choice and the LTW cycle doesn't cycle.  I'm using it in conjuction with harder jobs.  It seems to like own 5 businesses a lot and I was just wondering if something wasn't cycling back to look at base game wants properly.  The boolprop LTW test object doesn't appear when I try and spawn it.  I wondered if that was related.

I was playing a house I haven't played since I installed OFB today and had a big problem trying to get them achievable LTWs.  There are seven sims in the house, 5 elders and 2 adults:

age  - aspiration   - LTW                - re-rolled LTW
elder - family       - marry off 6 kids  - didn't roll again - this works.
elder - fortune    - business tycoon  - not possible - re-rolled to own 5 businesses
elder - reputation - max career        - not possible - re-rolled to own 5 businesses
elder - romance   - max career        - not possible - re-rolled to Blank - now has no LTW
elder - knowledge - max career       - not possible - re-rolled to Blank - now has no LTW
adult - family        - captain hero     - re-rolled and no change - left it alone.
adult - fortune     - business tycoon - re-rolled to 5 businesses and re-rolls that every time - he has 10pts activity and 6 interest in sport.  He had a job in sport - would not roll a sports option.  Cycle didn't give any choices.  I changed his job and rolled again - same thing. 5 business want and no sports option.

tried and failed to give the knowledge sim an LTW in simPE.

Does this sound as if it's working "as intended"?

The are also all sick and the plague info is cool - or rather it would be if I knew what things stood for! Is that posted anywhere?  Couldn't find it searching on plague.  I guess LD is lethal dose and CT is contagious.  Mum/gran already died.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 01, 15:37:37 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2006 November 01, 20:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The are also all sick and the plague info is cool - or rather it would be if I knew what things stood for! Is that posted anywhere?  Couldn't find it searching on plague.  I guess LD is lethal dose and CT is contagious.  Mum/gran already died.

Try

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5200.0.html

I haven't noticed the disease options on the debugger yet, but I guess SS is severity.

I think Pescado maintains an air of mystery around all his hacks to make the game harder to play.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2006 November 01, 23:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with changing lifetimewants and wondering if it's because I don't have all the EPs (base game and OFB only).   The newest version of the lot debugger seems to stick on one choice and the LTW cycle doesn't cycle.  I'm using it in conjuction with harder jobs.  It seems to like own 5 businesses a lot and I was just wondering if something wasn't cycling back to look at base game wants properly.
If you're using LTWvariety, it will restrict "broken" ones, such as getting the 5 businesses want AGAIN after you've already satisfied it, as well as inappropriate ones, such as jobs your sim would logically hate from his utter lack of interest and/or personality. It will also restrict "impossible" options for the default game, such as a demand for a career want for elders (not possible by default). If those sims were loaded pre-LTWvariety, they may have impossible wants carried over from initial install conversion, which cannot roll back when restricted by LTWvariety.

The boolprop LTW test object doesn't appear when I try and spawn it.  I wondered if that was related.
That item has never worked.

elder - family       - marry off 6 kids  - didn't roll again - this works.
Male elder, I hope.

elder - fortune    - business tycoon  - not possible - re-rolled to own 5 businesses
elder - reputation - max career        - not possible - re-rolled to own 5 businesses
elder - romance   - max career        - not possible - re-rolled to Blank - now has no LTW
elder - knowledge - max career       - not possible - re-rolled to Blank - now has no LTW
Again, if you're using LTWvariety, this will restrict elders from rerolling to career wants, as these are impossible. If all wants become impossible, either because you've done it already, or because they're all restricted, it will become blank. Elder Romance, for instance, if already in possession of 20 lovers and 20 woohoo memories, cannot roll those wants and therefore will receive no new LTW, as the Romance cores are Lovers/Woohoos, and jobwants are not possible for elders.

adult - family        - captain hero     - re-rolled and no change - left it alone.
adult - fortune     - business tycoon - re-rolled to 5 businesses and re-rolls that every time - he has 10pts activity and 6 interest in sport.  He had a job in sport - would not roll a sports option.  Cycle didn't give any choices.  I changed his job and rolled again - same thing. 5 business want and no sports option.
6 is not a very high interest in sports. You need 7 or so. Keep reading!

tried and failed to give the knowledge sim an LTW in simPE.
Lose a skillpoint, roll again.

Does this sound as if it's working "as intended"?
If LTWvariety is in place, then yes, working as intended. Trying to attach fresh LTWs to existing sims which have already closed off most of their options in life due to pre-LTW play will result in very limited options. Try the "Toggle LTW Bit" in the debugger instead.

Some options are really intended more for use by me, than by you. Tongue If you really want to understand plagues, go read the Plague Studies.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: 2006 November 02, 06:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have said these guys are relatively newly created and haven't done much.  None of them is anywhere near achieving an LTW.  The elders had impossible career wants from when I checked them after installing OFB - before LTW variety existed - that's why I was re-rolling them.  The romance elder hasn't got to 3 loves at once yet - never mind 20 woohoo!  The knowledge sim has maxed 2 skills and got about 6 other points in total. The popularity sim had about 5 friends before he dropped dead last night and I saved by accident.  He got out of the car from work and dropped dead before I could get him to the Elixir.  Oops.  Platinum grave anyway.

I'll get the sports guy another interest point or two and try again in the interests of science. He is fixable in SimPE at least.  I couldn't allocate an LTW to the sims without one in SimPE - nothing to click on to replace.  I suppose I could delete the SWAF files.

They are all guys, so the family sim kid related-options should be achieveable by all of them.  With your new improved LTW chooser, I thought they would pop up for these guys at least.  As they can also be satisfied by adoption, they aren't acutally impossible for female elders either,

I designed this household as sort of a challenge, but 3 sims wanting 5 top businesses when two are elders........

I did read the plague studies with interest!  Couldn't work out what the abreviations were though even there.  guess I can scratch my head some more if you don't feel like posting them. I've got SH, LD(lethal dose?) CS,CT(contagious?), RP, RHC and Unk(unknown?).  No SS on my screen
« Last Edit: 2006 November 02, 07:08:27 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2006 November 02, 10:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Symptom Hash, Current Severity, Contagiousness, Recovery Points, Recovery Hour Count, and your-guess-is-as-good-as-mine.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: 2006 November 02, 12:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The romance elder hasn't got to 3 loves at once yet - never mind 20 woohoo!  The knowledge sim has maxed 2 skills and got about 6 other points in total. The popularity sim had about 5 friends
So why don't these guys roll the obvious non-career wants?  Thinking about it, I've never seen those as LTW's in my game just careers and the family wants and own 5 top businesses.  Maybe they just aren't on whatever LTW list my game has made out of base game + OFB. How do I check that?  Would your saner LTW let these guys throw a family want? 

Now they are not all sick any more, I can head off to other plague stricken households armed with information and understanding.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2006 November 02, 13:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Maybe those LTWs don't exist without Uni. Perhaps Cwykes-type-people will have to either install, or acquire, Uni.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: 2006 November 03, 09:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They exist as wants, I just haven't seen them as LTWs.  I assume adding an EP doesn't give you the complete set of LTWs for the basic 5 personality groups.  Worth knowing I suppose. If one turns up in game as an LTW,  I'll be back!

Guess I should go post on the Saner LTW thread about letting elders of any aspiration throw family wants.  You know, old fogies getting maudlin about their lack of children or wanting to be a dynasty patriarch and pass on the family business.  Lots of elders start hassling their offspring about marriage and kids when they feel their end approaching.

Suspect I'm going to have to get Uni sometime - if only to make a default hood!  I've got one needs testing on my website (almost looks like a website now) it's testing the concept really as Uni content disappears on it's way through my game.   http://users.telenet.be/cwykes  then there's NL - Motoki'd like another downtown.   More RAM first though, the game is slow enough already - load times annoy me and I've had a couple of crashes that puzzled me.  Son is "organising" the RAM, since he didn't get it done for my birthday it'll probably be Christmas and I'll see what's cheap in the sales  Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2006 November 03, 09:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it doesn't really make any sense for elder females to worry about direct children, as they ain't having any. Grandchildren wants remain enabled for elders.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: 2006 November 03, 09:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can adopt and satisfy wants that way if they are desperate enough - more of a challenge too!  Then there is the whole miscounting issue - Brynne(?)  had a thread "hey those aren't my kids!" where the brothers(?) kids counted for the LTW.  Gender specific LTWs too fancy?
« Last Edit: 2006 November 03, 10:25:38 by cwykes » Logged

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2006 November 03, 10:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>Guess I should go post on the Saner LTW thread about letting elders of any aspiration throw family wants.  You know, old fogies getting maudlin about their lack of children or wanting to be a dynasty patriarch and pass on the family business.  Lots of elders start hassling their offspring about marriage and kids when they feel their end approaching.<snip>

My elderly widow Sim wants: 1) Relative gets engaged 2) Relative gets married 3) Have a grandchild.  The 1st and 3rd are most likely, with 2 daughters on campus and a married son.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2006 November 03, 17:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My elder female kept wanting to see a relative get engaged before she died, and all her children were married!  It wasn't going to happen as her grandchildren were too young to even think of getting married.  I wished that she would get rid of that want.  Tongue
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2006 December 02, 12:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to "regenerate portraiture" for pets?  I have an adult cat in one of my families whose portrait caught her with her eyes shut.  I tried Change Appearance but it didn't modify the portrait at all.  It's not a big deal, I'm just wondering if this functionality could be added to the lot debugger.

Here's a picture of the kitty with her portrait so you can see what I'm talking about.

« Last Edit: 2006 December 02, 12:38:07 by karen » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2006 December 02, 13:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Director's Cut Debugger should allow regenerate portraiture on pets. Since it appears to be stable, I've updated the standalone.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2006 December 02, 13:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My elder female kept wanting to see a relative get engaged before she died, and all her children were married!  It wasn't going to happen as her grandchildren were too young to even think of getting married.  I wished that she would get rid of that want.  Tongue

Sorry for asking this, what about Nieces/Nephews?  Or is she a 1st gen sim.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2006 December 02, 14:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the latest version of the lot debugger and was able to change the portrait of the cat (with controlpets on, of course).  Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: