More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:40:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100733 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #500 on: 2006 September 23, 07:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

too late for me - I've already done it! Cry

EDIT - been into SimPE and my sim DNA looks plausible - what am I looking for?  Feel free to point me at a link - this is getting way off topic for the debugger.  Very glad I asked about DNA though!
« Last Edit: 2006 September 23, 08:34:16 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2006 September 23, 10:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The exception is if you delete ‘all’ SDNA entries. That, in my experience, is safe.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2006 September 23, 21:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The official ruling is basically to never, ever, touch the SDNA files. Delete SDSC, SWAF, leave SimDNA alone. If you accidentally mangle one, you're going to end up with a very messy state where the only way to fix it is to extract and re-splice the SDNAs from a backup archive, and the procedure for doing THAT is rather fancy.
Does that include editing Sim DNA, like in the correcting bad Strangetown DNA project?  I've edited DNA strings many times with no problems.  Or do you mean don't touch them as in don't delete them?
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2006 September 24, 04:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Editing seems to be just fine, at least in my experience.  E.g., I had to edit the DNA to get it back to what it was supposed to be in the first place, and since then it's been just fine.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2006 September 24, 14:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, no problem at all with editing -- I've fixed Strangetown, and it's well into its second generation with no problems from any of the originals who were fixed.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2006 September 25, 02:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that include editing Sim DNA, like in the correcting bad Strangetown DNA project?  I've edited DNA strings many times with no problems.  Or do you mean don't touch them as in don't delete them?
Editing them is safe. Deleting any will cause the remaining ones to be FUBAR. Obviously, if you delete them all, the ones that remain will still be FUBAR, but there won't actually *BE* any.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2006 September 26, 04:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New update fixes some issues with the new purging options. BTW: Did you know that after I purged all the gossipcruft from my neighborhood with this, the neighborhood package shrank 10%? That's a lot of cruft.

If I erase all manner of gossip from the neighborhood, does it mean no one will have a thought bubble when a sim attempts to gossip?  At least until something new happens worth gossiping about?

Also, I tried the Prep for Delete on a dead sim tonight.  Deleted the SDSC and character file, reopened SimPe AND...  his SWAF was still there.  Instance # was same (I checked SWAF before I deleted character file) but his name was not there.  Sim Wants and Fears for blank was what I saw.  I thought the new shiny option also deleted the SWAF?  Would it have worked that way if I prepped for delete a living sim and then killed him off?  What of the tomb after the character file deletion, btw?  Should I have sold that tomb first?

Mooooo
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2006 September 26, 05:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I tried the Prep for Delete on a dead sim tonight.  Deleted the SDSC and character file, reopened SimPe AND...  his SWAF was still there.  Instance # was same (I checked SWAF before I deleted character file) but his name was not there.  Sim Wants and Fears for blank was what I saw.  I thought the new shiny option also deleted the SWAF?  Would it have worked that way if I prepped for delete a living sim and then killed him off?  What of the tomb after the character file deletion, btw?  Should I have sold that tomb first?
Hmm. The SWAF normally disintegrated in testing, but maybe because he was already dead. Hand-shred it, then. Make sure you're deleting the right thing, though! Remember that the deleter will give you the instance in DEC, but SimPE displays in HEX.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2006 October 02, 19:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the game up now so I may get the options wrong but I noticed that there are now 3 options for LTW, toggle, reroll and scroll-? or something like that. Anyway, what's the differenence between reroll and scroll?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2006 October 02, 19:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reroll is random.
Cycle LTW goes through the valid ones  one-by-one in order, allowing you to pick a specific LTW.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2006 October 02, 20:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jordi. I noticed when doing the reroll, I wouldn't get as many options as the cycle but even with that, I wasn't sure if I was getting all of the possible choices or just sim specific because I have the JM's LTW variety hack.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2006 October 02, 20:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both cycle and reroll will only pick a valid LTW.
While JM's LTW variety hack changes which LTWs are valid for a specific Sim, it does not make it possible for a Sim to get any LTW, so with or without it in your game you might never get a specific LTW for a Sim.
JM's mod usually disables a few LTWs for a given Sim based on parent's LTWs, interests, etc..

A very simple example: a non-family Sim should not be able to get the "graduate 3 kids from college" LTW, no matter how often you re-roll or cycle.

With JM's mod: a Sim with a high crime interest should not be able to get the "become captain hero" LTW, until his interest in crime drops.

If you want to get any LTW for any Sim, I believe Squinge has a mod for that at his forum.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2006 October 02, 20:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With JM's mod: a Sim with a high crime interest should not be able to get the "become captain hero" LTW, until his interest in crime drops.
Actually, a sim with a high crime interest *WOULD* want to become Captain Hero. Depending on his personality and aspiration, he may also want to be Mastermind instead. Superheroism and Supervillainy are really just different sides of the same coin, after all.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2006 October 02, 21:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mea culpa Wink
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2006 October 02, 21:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reroll works hand in hand with LTW variety, correct?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2006 October 02, 22:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reroll works hand in hand with LTW variety, correct?
Yes, both options work together.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2006 October 22, 04:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working with Pets, got this error while trying to rerandomize the household.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 22, 04:58:14 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2006 October 22, 04:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working with Pets, got this error while trying to rerandomize the household.
Fixed.

riggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2006 October 23, 04:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The debugger is one of the first things I buy on any lot. I upgrade pre-University sims (or those I created as adults) and change the portrait if it looks goofy.

If we could change the portraits of pets--by having the pet click the box or having a human sim do it--this would be even shinier.  Grin

Not that I'm requesting a feature, or anything. ...
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2006 October 26, 15:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes... why do cats look so incredibly stupid most of the time?

I can get a new picture when I add a collar to the cat or dog, but I haven't checked yet if I can further change their appearance and get new portraits.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2006 October 26, 20:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was not able to click on anything using the debugger for pets, including Change Portraiture.  I tried getting one of the sims to change appearance in the mirror, but it never worked.  They would get to the mirror, and it would fall out of their queues.  I even tried with them standing right in front of the mirror.  Is this actually supposed to work, or is the option not supposed to show?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2006 October 26, 21:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine for me. Do you have any custom mirrors and/or hacks that might be effecting it?

I'd try moving the downloads directory out temporarily and then just running a test run of the game and see if you can do it with no hacks or cc at all. If you can, then it's something you have in the downloads folder that's causing it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2006 October 26, 22:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try removing hacks and see what happens.  I have no custom mirrors or anything like that on this computer.  My Downloads is pretty empty since this is not the computer my regular game is on.  I have very few hacks, mainly JM's and TJ's Pets-approved hacks. 
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: 2006 October 27, 00:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I noticed an option "Nuke Attraction something" (should have written it down  Undecided ) when I used the Lot Debugger for the very first time in my game - what does that option do? Does it set all the attraction bolts in the relationship panel to the correct value? I noticed those bolts keep changing quite often ...  Sad
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2006 October 27, 00:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yes, I noticed that too. I have clicked it for Sims who already had a sexual preference and for Sims who did not... I have not noticed any remarkable changes in their personal status or in their behavior. I am very curious what this is and what its purpose is.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: