More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:02:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100318 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #50 on: 2005 August 30, 20:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, something is definitely wrong!  Are you using payatbox?  I found I had to remove it, something in my game was in conflict with it, I think, but I've no idea what!

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2005 August 30, 22:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no pay at box...

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 August 30, 22:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case I've no idea what's wrong, unless maybe your mailbox itself is corrupted.

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2005 August 31, 02:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, crap, that was not the response I was hoping for Shocked How do I fix a corrupted mailbox?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 August 31, 05:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the stuck bills option on the debugger?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 August 31, 05:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the debugger doesn't work then Carrigon (I think) has replacement mailbox/dustbin, and definitely you can get them from SimaLittleDreamaLot2.

Zephyr Zodiac
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 August 31, 22:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since first using the Debugger last night to clear a stuck refrigerator tile (it worked!), I'm completely sold on this thing.

It fixed all kinds of stuff, on all kinds of lots, that I didn't even know about. Stuck kickybags, invisible/unpayable bills, AWOL Headmasters (I had no idea), offworld loiterers...whatever those are, they're gone now.

Best of all? It made my game run smoother, without all that sticky-stucky crap!

Now, if we could only get a Debugger for Real Life...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 01, 01:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hairfish, be very careful about clearing offworld loiterers on a lot that had a nanny!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 01, 01:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure no one is on the phone when using Clear Offworld loiterers because it detects the sims on the phone as such.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 01, 01:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grief, I never realised that!  Yet another thing to look out for!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 September 01, 01:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's why they show up in the Mind Control Mirror when your sims are on the phone.  I'm not sure it if will cause permanent damage, but once I did this and everyone on the phone abruptly hung up.  I can't tell that it broke anything though.  But I would recommend not doing it. Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 September 01, 01:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like the only safe time to do anything is when your sims are all fast asleep in bad!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 September 01, 02:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it pretty much seems like it.  Let me see, don't save after you invite the headmaster, don't save while on the phone, don't save after getting pregnant, anything else?  I don't save in the middle of parties, but maybe because I'm over cautious.  I think I had a problem once, but I'm not sure.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 September 01, 02:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a stupid game!!! Roll Eyes  Maybe I'll just go and veg in front of the other box in future and let my poor old brain rot!

And bridge-players think their game is complicated!

Zephyr Zodiac
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 September 01, 07:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I generally save every morning when the first sim in the household wakes up.  That way if anything I do to the game outside of it.  (Like install a new expansion pack for instance)  does not cause sims at work or school to suddenly appear at home or people pop out of bed in the middle of the night completely refreshes, etc.  There seem to be quite a few things that will cause the game to reset like that.   I have had it happen with certain hacks too but can't remember which ones.  So I save when it is least likely to cause havoc with the game.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 September 01, 08:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that as well.  I know for sure that InTeenimater and Woohoo teens does this.  If your child sims have stuck smart milk skill, it resets this as well.  Undecided  I always liked to save after putting my sims to bed, it seemed like a good place to stop, or after sending them to work, but like you said, everyone will get sent home or wake up totally refreshed, so I may borrow your idea about saving first thing in the (sim) morning.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 September 01, 12:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that seems a good idea to me too.  At least they don't all lose their interests like they did in Sims1 when you installed a new EP!

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2005 September 01, 12:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a chance to try out the debugger on my problem dorm, but I definately will. Hope it works, if not thanks for the tips on the replacement mailboxes.

What problems does saving after a pregnancy cause? I've done that and had no (visible) problems, other than the pregnant woman yakking in everyone's bathroom for forever Tongue

Jen

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 September 01, 12:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to some posters, it has been known to cause the choking death.  It's never happened to me, so I don't know how dangerous it is!

Zephyr Zodiac
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 September 01, 16:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's happened to me, with the very first sim I created.  And several other pregnant sims.  In every case it occurred after I had saved on the first day of pregnancy.  I  only lost that first one though as she was the only one alone when it happened.  One of the others  was very iffy.  Her death occurred on another lot when she had gone home from work with a friend.  It took  5 tries before he was able to defeat death as he only had a 20/20 relationship with her.   One woman it happened to twice,  but both times her husband was there to save her.   ( Sim CPR I think.)  In each case the choking death occurred almost immediately after I reentered the lot.   I didn't quit saving though.   I just made sure that when I saved there was someone else in the house with a close relationship with her.

Oh, yes,  although it happened frequently in the early days of my game,  I have not had one instance of it occurring since installing the first patch.   
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 September 01, 18:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnancy is very bugged, anyway!  I had one pregnant sim in the third trimester, and instead of staying home like a good little sim, she kept turning up after work at other sims' homes!  Sometimes after she'd just trundled past the lot on her daily constitutional!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 September 02, 02:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lazlo Curious did that after he got abducted, although he had not yet entered his third trimester, he showed up at the Beaker house hugely pregnant, in his third trimester.  But he was also fat too, because he is lazy. Tongue  So I guess he looked even bigger than usual.  When I went to the Curious house, he was not that big and soon went into his third trimester.  I just wondered where they were going to keep all those babies since they are so crazy about getting abducted all the time and always come back pregnant.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 September 02, 03:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even worse if you let them get abducted twice on the same night!  Then they have twins!

And the worst thing is, the Pollination Technician doesn't obey the anti-incest rules that other sims have to stick to!  One of my half-alien sims got himself abducted twice on the same night, and had twin daughters!  Identical!

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 September 02, 05:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnancy is very bugged, anyway!  I had one pregnant sim in the third trimester, and instead of staying home like a good little sim, she kept turning up after work at other sims' homes!  Sometimes after she'd just trundled past the lot on her daily constitutional!

Yep, Tosha Go keeps dropping by Alexander and Meadow Goth's house, waddling around in her third day belly, before she'd even hit the third day!  She's been pregnant with her second child for as long as it's taken Alex and Meadow to have 2 kids!  I think she's trying to give me a hint.

"PLAY MY HOUSE LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO GIVE BIRTH YOU BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH"  or something like that.

<insert witty comment here>
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2005 September 02, 08:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One question:  I saw an option on the Lot Debugger that had something to do with mood meters (I think....I only saw it once and I forgot to write it down.)  Can you tell me what that is for?

Karen

I had this show up as well. Something about fix broken mood boosts or something like that. I was wondering if this is a new option and does this always show up or does it only show up if something is actually broken? I'm a bit confused about the options. Like do they only show up if something needs fixing, or are they always available regardless of something is broken or not. And if it is the latter, does something bad happen if you try and fix something that ain't broked? Huh
Ste

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: