More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:47:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1112636 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #475 on: 2006 September 17, 17:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make a quite tile nuker or just have it say X # of objects were found and nuked rather than a window for each? I keep getting those damned restock signs in the far corner of the lot and it's a bit annoying to have to x out of 30+ little windows for each sign deleted.  Shocked
The boxes have a VERY quick die-off time, so they'll disappear off your screen in only a second or two.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2006 September 17, 19:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded the newest debugger. I'm starting a new neighborhood so I made an adult in CAS and used 'upgrade pre-uni sim' on her. When I did, the new want slots started to appear, but a lock appeared on one of the slots. When the roll completed, the lock disappeared, but the slot was blank. So I rerolled wants, but it remained blank.

So then I fulfilled a want and all of the wants rerolled except for the first slot, and then they all came up blank except for the slot that didn't reroll. I used debugger to reroll wants again, but they just come up blank. I've used this function in the past and it worked ok then.

Then I went to adjust the LTW with the debugger. Reroll LTW works fine still, but cycle LTW doesn't appear to do anything. Shouldn't it cycle through the available LTWs?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2006 September 17, 19:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should, yes. I just fixed that, I think. You may need to redownload.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2006 September 18, 05:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice the new wants menu but I am wondering how does cycle LTW work.  What does it do exactly?
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2006 September 18, 06:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game just created a new butt ugly nanny... so i thought i'd fix her up.... no prob there and when i finished that i thought i'd use the newest ffsdebugger to make sure she didn't have any mystery memories or other probs..... clicked on nuke and i saw the option to nuke the scenario controller, but i also saw an option to nuke "Dream Trackers". What the heck are dream trackers? are they bad? do i really want to nuke them? do my other sims have them? is this new? is this a nanny thingy? Should i feel special? Should i wake up? Inquiriung minds need to know.

Ta  Huh

edit: I was controlling the nanny when i clicked on the debugger.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2006 September 18, 06:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dream Trackers are usually harmless, but I had one that was chain-erroring in my game recently, so I created an option to nuke it.

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2006 September 18, 06:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well.... I had each sim on the lot nuke the dream trackers but the option isn't going away for any of them, but, they don't seem to care anyways... no BFB , so i'm not to worried about it at the moment.

Thanks for the info JM
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2006 September 18, 06:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice the new wants menu but I am wondering how does cycle LTW work.  What does it do exactly?

Runs thru the LTW in order as opposed to simply rolling one at random. Useful for when there's a particular LTW you need and you don't want to waste time rerolling duplicate results.

The dream trackers seem to control who or what your Sims dream about. So if your Sims start dreaming romantically about people they have never met before or, worse still, start dreaming romantically about grilled cheese sandwiches, then you might need to nuke them. The trackers, I mean, not the Sims.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2006 September 18, 19:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, shiny!  I must try this out right away.  I want to clean up Pleasantview, which I've been playing since the original game came out.  I tried doing this manually, but it's a real PITA.

That was a cool link, Dizzy.  Lots of interesting stuff.  Guess what I found on the link for MATY?

MATY has just under 3000 members. It is free and does not require users to sign up prior to downloading.

Shocked
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2006 September 18, 20:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. most likely the true membership count has been somewhat higher for a long time, given that most people probably hit and run, never registering, a practice which we encourage to keep numbers down.

Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2006 September 18, 21:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was a cool link, Dizzy.  Lots of interesting stuff.  Guess what I found on the link for MATY?

MATY has just under 3000 members. It is free and does not require users to sign up prior to downloading.

Shocked

Damn, they got that wrong...  isn't membership fee $39.99 or something like that?  Don't wanna go around letting people think they can just come in here and take stuff any time they want.

Mooooo
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2006 September 18, 22:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Required log-in to edit?! What kind of half-ass Wiki are they? Angry
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2006 September 19, 01:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why is there a picture of S2C on the MATY page??
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: 2006 September 19, 13:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...3000 members, $39.95 a piece...that's almost 120 large. A month.

No wonder Pescado's got his own whaling boat. And secret subterranean compound buried deep in the Bitterroot Range.

Heck, I bet he's even able to afford sharks. With frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2006 September 19, 17:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...3000 members, $39.95 a piece...that's almost 120 large. A month.

No wonder Pescado's got his own whaling boat. And secret subterranean compound buried deep in the Bitterroot Range.

Heck, I bet he's even able to afford sharks. With frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!
Yeah, that comes to roughly 1.5 mil a year.  Pescado is a frickin millionaire!  Tongue
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #490 on: 2006 September 22, 14:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prep For Delete (debug): Nukes all memories pertaining to the deletee and shreds file to sever relations. Don't use on anyone with relatives. Then to complete the expunging process, you need to delete the SDSC, SWAF, and character file manually.

You don't mention DNA files.  I guess you need to delete them in SimPE......  oh and a very bigh BAAAAAAA.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2006 September 22, 14:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SDNA is relatively safe, as it will either be ignored, or overwritten by the new Sim's data.

SWAFs are not overwtitten and that causes problems, as does -- in some cases -- Sim relationship data.

Improper deletion may lead to toddlers and children with LTWs, or NPCs/townies with unwanted family relationships.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2006 September 22, 16:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had problems with DNA being messed up on new sims, so I always delete the SDNA entries.  For example, several times I've had a sim with a genetic haircolor, say blonde, who I've changed to have a custom hairstyle that wasn't color binned.  The sim's haircolor DNA would be changed to custom, and their child would also have custom hair DNA.  I noticed this happened in neighborhoods when I had deleted sims, even though I thought I'd followed the procedure.  I had to go back and correct several sims' DNA back to what I thought it should be, and it was a real pain.  In another thread where we discussed this, it seemed to be related to deleting sims in SimPE.  It seems the old DNA entries weren't cleared out properly.  So I always make sure I delete these now.
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2006 September 22, 16:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Rainbow, I have the problem you describe when I DO delete SDNA entries.  I haven't had a problem since I stopped.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: 2006 September 22, 17:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd heard the problem was that the new DNA overwrote the old, but unless the info was exactly the same size, you had leftovers hanging around.  DK where I got that, but I believed whoever told me.... Grin

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2006 September 23, 02:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you delete SDNA files, you will get the Rainbow problem. Don't ever delete an SDNA file, for some bizarre reason it will mess up every other DNA.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2006 September 23, 03:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was following the instructions here.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: 2006 September 23, 06:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

me too!  But I hadn't read it for a while.  Apparently there's a sim deleter tool in the QA version now and when I went back and read the next couple of pages Theo said
"I know everyone - including myself - is eager to use this tool, but deleting a sim's DNA, either by using this tool or doing it manually, will cause the game to wipe out the recessive genes on *all* the neighborhood's sims.

Until that particular behavior is sorted out, I don't think this tool can be released to the public.

A sub-optimal solution would be to leave the DNA record intact, which in my trials carried no side effects.
Therefore, my advice to anyone bold enough to do it manually is to keep the DNA record."

I thought I was on auto-notify for it too and I missed that.  Oh well - here goes checking all the DNA on my sims and finding and editing every post I ever made to help people on other boards with deleting sims!  aaaarrrgghhh!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2006 September 23, 06:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck on that.  Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2006 September 23, 07:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The official ruling is basically to never, ever, touch the SDNA files. Delete SDSC, SWAF, leave SimDNA alone. If you accidentally mangle one, you're going to end up with a very messy state where the only way to fix it is to extract and re-splice the SDNAs from a backup archive, and the procedure for doing THAT is rather fancy.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: