More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:33:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1115512 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #350 on: 2006 March 27, 13:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make the same kind of a command to wipe the memories pointing to unknown sims ($Subject)? It wouldbe so big help, versus "pecking" those one by one in SimPE? Thanks.
Hmm. That'd be tricky. I'll think about it.
Isn't that what Theo's hack did?  The functionality of 'nuke all bad memories' is supposed to be going into a future version on SimPE.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2006 March 27, 13:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: cwykes
Isn't that what Theo's hack did?  The functionality of 'nuke all bad memories' is supposed to be going into a future version on SimPE.
Actually, I intentionally left the "Mystery Sim" memories untouched, only memories with an invalid owner instance would be removed - more specifically, the corrupt death memories were the intended target.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: 2006 March 27, 22:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought unknown ones were the bad ones and mystery sim was a different maxis created set given to all new adults and townies..  Just ignore me - like my siggy says, I know enough to be dangerous.....

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: 2006 April 01, 17:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the Randomise Sim Generator, is this lot-specific or play-session specific?  I have several babies due at once on different lots, so do I need to use it for each lot, or just at the beginning of the run of births?  Also, can I use it when I leave a lot that has no birth imminent, then have it work if I go into another lot where a baby is due (i.e., to save having to enter the birth-due lot and leave straightaway).  Hope that all makes sense.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2006 April 01, 19:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's play-session specific. I randomise when I keep getting fugly npcs Tongue.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: 2006 May 23, 21:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since buying my new PC and reinstalling all my Sims stuff, the debug facility on this doesn't work anymore.  All I get is "Force Error", nothing else.  Even the generic stuff (such as the decimator) don't work anymore.  I don't think I've added any patches that I didn't have before, because I'm 99.9% sure I downloaded the OFB patch (well, I know I did), so I have no idea what it could be.  I have added a couple of new downloads, but they were only to do with food so I can't see how they would have affected it.

Before I start removing downloads to see what's what, is there anyway that reinstalling could have caused this?  And yes, I have tried reinstalling the FFS, but it didn't make any difference.  I really need this aspect of the mod to work because I won't be able to spawn any new gravestones if I need them - I tried doing that and the option wasn't there anymore, with it being part of the debug mode set.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2006 May 24, 16:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another reason for steering clear of yet another set of silly costumes!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2006 May 24, 17:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you absolutely sure you're clicking on the Lot Debugger box?  Maybe you're clicking on the Macrotastics box?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2006 May 24, 17:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still get some of the stuff, so I assume I don't get the rest because at present it isn't needed.  I had more problems with the college clock and had to get rid of it and put the old one back in.  (My sims started going for exams at 2 am after I'd planned on 8 am!)

Zephyr Zodiac
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2006 May 24, 20:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim, do you have debug mode on? Just wondering, because it sounds like you're doing...debug+shift+click. Or I'm confused. Either might be possible. Wink

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: 2006 May 25, 03:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always play in debug mode, I always have.  I'm simply shift-clicking on it like I always did, but it isn't working.  Nothing I am doing is any different to what I did before.  Other things have changed since I reinstalled, too.  For instance, none of my graduating YA's ever left college without a party unless I instructed them to, now they do.  Whether there was a load of crap in the Registry causing problems before I don't know, because the files I've put on are exactly the same.  What I will probably do is try playing on my old pc and add the new mods I've added since reinstalling on the new one, to see if the same thing happens.  There are only 2 or 3 so it won't take long.  I can't see that they're the cause, though - as I said before, they were only concerning food.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2006 May 25, 09:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried playing with debug mode off?  I never leave it on, and I never seem to get problems with the debugger.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2006 May 25, 11:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure it's just an Ancient Sim thing. I leave mine on all the time as well, because I like to catch when the untested crap I have yet to fob off on you chumps goes wrong.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2006 May 25, 12:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you have a reason to leave it on....I just don't like it when every time I go to buy something I get all the infor I don't want about it (and usually have a fair idea of anyway, it's not that hard to tell usually what something was cloned from).

Ancient Sim, just save me from reading up everything about your reinstall - did you copy your program files over, or just your game files?  If it's your program files, could I timidly suggest that it might be time for a completely fresh install?  If not, then maybe if you took out all your hacks except Pescado's, see if the debugger works, then put the others back in a few at a time if it does, then you could narrow it down to the cause of the problem.  (Or use SimWardrobe's hack conflict detector.)

Zephyr Zodiac
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2006 May 25, 14:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I leave mine on all the time as well, because I like to catch when the untested crap I have yet to fob off on you chumps goes wrong.

Some of us chumps wait until other chumps have tested it for us.....for just that reason. Smiley Does that make me less chumpy or more tardy? Don't answer that. Wink

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2006 May 25, 17:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play with debug mode on all the time.  I have never had any problems with it.  I like to know when stuff is messing up instead of wondering why sims are resetting themselves.  But that's probably just me because I like to know why stuff happens.  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2006 May 25, 17:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have to admit that when I've left it on, wierd things have started to happen, and as soon as I turn it off again, they don't.

Zephyr Zodiac
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2006 May 25, 22:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: Is it possible to recolor the lot debugger?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2006 May 25, 22:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if it could look like an end-table or a sculpture!

Zephyr Zodiac
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: 2006 May 25, 22:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I don't know a thing about 'debugging' - but I have had this problem with my game since NL and I asked at another forum and the reply I got was that I should try debugging, thing is I got nothing else, no clues as to what to do, or anything...

So i went to search for myself and my quest lead me here..

Onto my problem...

On every residential lot, everytime any sim enters the lots, either a walk-by or a visiter - especially the mailperson - the game freezes for about 20 seconds. This also happens with cars entering a lot, like the maid, repairman etc.. also when my sim goes out in their car.

The most annoying part is the mailman (& walk-by freeze ups), because they turn up almost everyday, so at 10:10am my game freezes...arghhh I don't want to get rid of the people walking by or the mail being delivered, I just want this apparantly simply action to not freeze my game.

I have stopped hiring maids or calling delivery people because the freeze-up is very annoying.

anyhoo.. Will this debugging thingy help me at all? If so how do I go about using it. If there is something more appropriate that would help this problem please let me know Smiley

Hopefully there is a solution.

Thanks in advance
-Xi-
xXx

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2006 May 25, 22:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds to me like you have a furious sim at one of the portals.  If you have, the only solution I found was to delete them with Move objects on.

However, you would find investing in the debugger helps improve your game anyway, especially the "Fix Broken Mood Boosts" Option, "Unblock Fridge Tiles" etc - these options only actually appear if the problem exists.

Zephyr Zodiac
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: 2006 May 25, 22:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it may have something to do with portals as all the problems are portal based really, aren't they? (i don't know very much about the inner working of the game)

But this happens on every residential lot, without fail.

I'll give it a go, thanks for your advice.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: 2006 May 25, 23:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim, just save me from reading up everything about your reinstall - did you copy your program files over, or just your game files?  If it's your program files, could I timidly suggest that it might be time for a completely fresh install?  If not, then maybe if you took out all your hacks except Pescado's, see if the debugger works, then put the others back in a few at a time if it does, then you could narrow it down to the cause of the problem.  (Or use SimWardrobe's hack conflict detector.)
It's a completely fresh install of base game and expansion on a brand-new pc.  The only things that were copied were things personal to my game (downloads, neighbourhood files, etc.).  What went into Program Files was totally and utterly fresh.  I suppose it has to be something I've downloaded since.  I just hate testing things because it's such a bore having to go in and out of the game.  Has to be done though, can't do without this facility.

I'm sure it's just an Ancient Sim thing.
You are probably right, but this doesn't exactly HELP me, does it.  I suppose I have to admit that I have probably done something ridiculously un-awesome, for which (I suppose) I deserve to suffer.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2006 May 25, 23:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that frequently first time of installation, something just doesn't get copied into the game correctly, and things go haywire, but that doesn't really explain why the debugger wouldn't work, does it?  I think you'll just have to roll up your sleeves and start sorting through all your hacks till you find the culprit (obviously, start with the non-awesome!)  But if it's a hack conflict, have you tried using the hack conflict detector from simWardrobe?  It just might save you a whole lot of hard work!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2006 May 25, 23:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim:  I would start by moving all hacks to another folder EXCEPT just JM's hacks, or even just the lot debugger by itself.  Start the game, go get a cup of coffee, take the dog out, or whatever, then go into your lot and see if the problem persists.  Whether it does or not, do not save, exit without saving.  If the options appear as they should, then that tells you that there is a conflict with another hack.  If they don't, then you know something else is happening.  But don't save your game without your hacks in place, because funny things can happen.  Just enter the lot long enough to see if the problem is solved or not.

Oh, and double check that you have debug mode on, just to be sure. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: