More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 06:05:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Title Claim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Title Claim  (Read 24270 times)
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
Re: Title Claim
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 02, 22:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, the spammers didn't leave PMBD because of Piratebooty, as much as I love her. They left because we pelted them with rocks.

And Bluesoup was a great mod.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 02, 23:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I disagree, BlueSoup has not failed: on the contrary had a very good idea, deleting and then locking the forum; at first I was a little appalled, but I have to admit that it was exceptionally effective, in restoring a sort of "order". Quick, easy and aimed to the point: efficiency.
Actually, I locked the forum, after the Bobblehead flipped out and went postal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 02, 23:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mistake, I didn't know. Good team work, anyway.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 03, 00:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, am I safe in assuming that the phorum is now clear of spamming 12-year-olds? I would like to go back, but I really can't abide trolling spammers (or is it spamming trolls Wink)? At any rate, nothing brings out my inner bitch the way socially retarded teenagers do. *sigh* I must be getting old.

Oh, and all BlueSoups are awesome.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 03, 00:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The spammers that left seem to have been replaced by a whole new "retar-DOH!" bunch.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 03, 06:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The spammers that left seem to have been replaced by a whole new "retar-DOH!" bunch.

With the added benefit of "be nice!" scolds.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 03, 11:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great... Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 03, 12:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any forum may be infested by morons and spammers, you can't hope they go away by themselves, or they don't sign up. The only way to deal with them is kick them out.
Like spraying Raid on cockroaches.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 February 03, 12:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, this is true, although MATY seems to remain relatively troll-free compared to other fora that I've visited. Somehow the trolls just seem to feel more comfortable trolling at PMBD. Oh well. Perhaps I'll try going back there in hopes that PirateBooty will keelhaul the offending parties. I do generally like the place.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 February 03, 12:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Be Less Stupid! was set up to be a sort-of replacement for PMBD with the added benefit that I will absolutely kick out any spammer 12-year-old morons as soon as I see them. Cheesy
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 February 03, 12:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent! Thanks, Blue. You are Teh Awesome!!!!!!!1111oneone

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 February 03, 13:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, what actually happened at PMBD? I only posted a hello and didn't stick around, did something more ghastly than the average forum flareup occur?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 February 03, 13:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really. BlueSoup just couldn't handle it anymore and went postal and deleted everything, because she has a fat head.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 February 03, 13:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno. It was enough to make me leave, and I'm not so easily discouraged. It takes A LOT to piss me off, but once I'm pissed off, that's it - I either leave or open up a can of whoopass. Since I had no real power to do the latter, I did the former. *sigh* There's a reason why I no longer moderate web fora.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 February 03, 17:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup just couldn't handle it anymore and went postal and deleted everything, because she has a fat head.

Good for Blue.  If in fact she deleted it all, just proves that her "fat head" encloses a huge brain.

I suggest a sign be posted at PMBD stating:  "The cesspool has closed."
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 February 03, 17:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HEY!! What about my request to have special titles for us poor slobs who made a sincere effort to be helpful?

I WANT!! I WANT!! I WANT!! I WANT!! I WANT!!

*V stomps her foot then stands akimbo and glares

I WANT!!

*V realizes her first request may have been Completely Useless and Largely IgnoredTM, but must try again anyway.

Come on.... Some "poke"-ish kind of acknowledgement for us total losers who can't even do "being helpful" right?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 February 03, 18:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, what actually happened at PMBD? I only posted a hello and didn't stick around, did something more ghastly than the average forum flareup occur?

A bunch of 12ish spammers took over, starting stupid topics and replying to every single thing anyone else posted, with something stupid, of course. Now, there isn't so much spam, but there's a whole lot of stupidity of differing degrees. Example: a poll topic about how the poster hates "noobs", with people discussing the definition of "noob" and other people waggling their fingers about how everyone should be nice and not call names tsk tsk. When I read a reply to another thread that said basically "I hope no one here would be that mean", and the poster was not summarily tarred and feathered for sounding like she was addressing a bunch of preschoolers, I realized it wasn't the place for me.

PMBD could use another BlueSoup-style cleansing.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 February 03, 18:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, and I was hoping things had actually gotten better. Silly me.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 February 03, 19:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

fr33 st00f has a bad tendency of attracting 12 year olds. I knew there was a reason I didn't register over there.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 February 03, 20:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you've hit upon the real reason sites start charging!  Wink It would help a lot in keeping the 12 yr olds away, since their mommies won't let them use a credit card on the internet!

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2007 February 03, 20:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I think you might just be onto something there.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 February 04, 06:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you see a bunch of 12 year olds here at MATY? Maybe it's the subscription fee.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 February 04, 11:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on.... Some "poke"-ish kind of acknowledgement for us total losers who can't even do "being helpful" right?

*pokes V for throwing a tantrum in the middle of an important PMBD discussion in the MATY title thread*

Cheesy

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 February 04, 12:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

V had better be careful....titles are not always positive nor deserved. Tongue

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 February 04, 12:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, Thanks Elfie. I thought I was invisible what with all the ignoring me that was going on!!

Grin

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: