More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:18:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cyd Roseland
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cyd Roseland  (Read 9946 times)
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Cyd Roseland
« on: 2007 January 29, 21:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since obtaining my Pets EP and the character Cyd Roseland who came with it, has been bogarted. I did ask about this is posieland but it's off the air again and I'd really like some advice on this.

Cyd can interact with other sims just fine, he can go downtown, visit etc, etc. The problem is if I try to find him a job, the game crashes. Porthos his dog can get a job just fine (and so can anyone else in the household if I move them in), just not Cyd. Undecided

The other "glitch" with Cyd is the photo booth. He can woohoo in it to his hearts content, yet try to take a picture and the game crashes. I always play in debug mode and no error message ever pops up. I've removed downloads folder and gone in with a "clean" game and still the same thing happens with him.

It does not matter which sub-hood I get him to live in, Downtown, Blue Water or Main Huh the crashes occur in all of them.

This does not happen, nor has ever happened with any other sim. Curious to know, is he bogarted in anyone elses game? If so has anyone worked out a "fix" for it? I know the easiest solution is to leave him in the bin or just kill him off, but that does not explain what the problem is with him, nor how to fix it incase it happens to another sim Smiley

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Cyd Roseland
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 29, 23:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He hasnt left his lot in my game so I dont know about the photobooth thing but he did get a job just fine. Is this a new neighborhood or Maxis one?  Mine is new.

ISFJ
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 30, 05:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted him from all my neighbourhoods - but he keeps popping up in new ones.  Now a hack to prevent THAT would be welcome.

Inteen for AL, yay!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 30, 05:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxon: get the empty P001 template from the first post. Also blocks the Critturs.
You still have the populated lots in the lot bin, get rid of those if you want or just don't place them.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 30, 05:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxon: get the empty P001 template from the first post. Also blocks the Critturs.
You still have the populated lots in the lot bin, get rid of those if you want or just don't place them.

Yeah I read your thread about that (very interesting).  I put the lots in a store neighbourhood - I put all Maxis stuff in there. 

However, I'm not sure I want to go down the squish the townies before they even exist route with the clear templates.  It's sounding like a potential PITA to have to replace the originals every time you patch or add a new EP.  I was waiting to see how much you all squealed when the new Pets patch comes out before I committed myself to that.

Inteen for AL, yay!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 30, 06:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're stupid enough not to make backups despite instructions to do so, you deserve the pain *eg*.
Then again you can just get them from compressed.zip from the CD.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 30, 07:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had Cyd get a job but not visit community lots in two of my games (one at work, the other at home) and haven't had any problems.
Have you tried moving him out of the lot he is living in?
edited to add: Just reread your post and see where you said it doesn't matter where he's living at. Ignore my question. Sorry I haven't any useful suggestions.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 30, 09:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe his file got messed up in your install for some obscure reason?  If you get the 'hood files off the CD again, does that fix it? You might be able to overwrite just his character file, but I can't help with that.

Does the lotdebugger help at all - fix work state? force errors on everything? any other interesting choices?

When you use a mirror and do change appearance, does that crash the game too?  If so there's a more general problem with his appearance than just a photobooth issue.   If not does he look the same if you change him into full facepaint and then out again?  I had two faceless sims recently - we didn't try them in a photobooth, but the facepaint forced the game to redraw them correctly and make the change stick - they went from faceless to wrong face in facepaint and then to correct face without.  Other people have had problems with missing/wrong faces recently as well.

Last time I had sims get a job who just couldn't go to work, I had a deleted portal on the lot.  If you've tried him on more than one lot, it's unlikely thats it, but Crammyboy's monitor would tell you for sure.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 30, 12:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got Cyd placed in a custom neighborhood in my game--he has a job, so that obviously works fine...no idea about the photobooth; haven't tried it. It does sound like something in his character file's been corrupted, though.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 30, 12:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a new use to the term "bogarted?" I always thought that to bogart something, you were stealing it.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 30, 12:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get rid of the Pets pre-made families, simply do this:

Open C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\UserData\LotCatalog

Delete everything inside that folder (after making a backup, in case you ever want them back).

This stops the game from putting the occupied houses in the lots bin.
« Last Edit: 2007 January 30, 13:18:48 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 30, 14:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You haven't got him in any cc clothes by any chance? I know you said you pulled the dl folder, but just asking still - cuz those are exactly the occasions when the ridiculous dress as top mesh things would crash the game and be so hard to figure out.

Unsouper
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 30, 15:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a new use to the term "bogarted?" I always thought that to bogart something, you were stealing it.

Not stealing it so much as 'retaining it longer than necessary'.  It comes from the 60's, where someone would be accused of 'bogarting a joint' if they let the joint dangle from their lip like Bogart the actor used to do with cigarettes. There was even a song that came out in the late 60s with the line, "Don't bogart that joint, my friend."  (Can't remember the real name, or the band -- must have been bogarting a joint at the time... Smiley )

I think the term Wedgetail meant to use was 'borked'. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 30, 16:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no problems with him.  He and Porthos both had jobs.  Cyd had custom hair and clothes and had no trouble woohooing in his neighbor's photo booth or in the hot tub at a community lot.  This was in a custom 'hood, though.  I don't know if that makes a difference.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 30, 18:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was Little Feat in the 70's

Wink
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 30, 19:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend." 

Pass it over to me.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 31, 07:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had no problems with Cyd.  He got a job on the crime career track; married Brandi Broke; moved to a new home (in the Pleasantview main neighborhood) with her, the kids, and Porthos; and goes to community lots regularly -- both shopping singly and on dates with his wife.  I haven't tried him in the photo booth.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 31, 07:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're stupid enough not to make backups despite instructions to do so, you deserve the pain *eg*.
Then again you can just get them from compressed.zip from the CD.

Huh?  I always make backups when I do that sort of thing but what I was referring to was the potential necessity to have to go back over the files and replace them with the originals while you patch or add a new EP.  It's sounds like something I might find too much of a fiddle to bother with but, as I said, I shall see what happens.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 31, 07:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the term Wedgetail meant to use was 'borked'. Smiley

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. That and I wanted to be a little snarky. I was in one of those moods at the time.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 01, 13:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the suggestions, muchly appreciated. Will take a few on board Smiley

- Lot debugger comes up with nothing I'm afraid.
- Yes I can change appearance just fine.
- Doesn't matter if he's in maxis or custom clothes.
- Yes I meant borked not bogarted and a little snarkiness is fine lol, we all get in those moods from time to time Wink
- Cwykes I'd say his file did get messed up somewhere along the way, I think I'll take SaraMK's suggestion and just get rid of him, will wait for the Pets patch to be released and see if that fixes anything... probably not though Tongue

Appreciate the help people and for the clarification on whether I was the only one experiencing this problem or not, thanks Wink

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 February 01, 18:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wedgetail - the Pets patch is out.
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 February 01, 18:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Vilia I'll download it when I get home from work Wink

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 February 04, 08:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very strange.  I've not had a single problem with Cyd.  I fixed him up, moved him a couple of times, and bred him off. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 February 04, 10:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I've not had problems with Cyd either.  In fact, he seems rather fond of Tara Katt, and I foresee pairing them off...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 February 04, 11:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He is an excellent match for Brandi Broke, if you haven't already found her someone.

Except for the time I paired Brandi with Mortimer she usually ended up alone until Cyd came along. She either didn't like the men I tried pairing her with or the men didn't like one of her kids.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: