More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:49:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mrs. Crumplebottom Vampire. Her true calling?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mrs. Crumplebottom Vampire. Her true calling?  (Read 37870 times)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Re: Mrs. Crumplebottom Vampire. Her true calling?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 25, 04:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, she's NPC Type 0x0026 so she's safe now. Smiley Thanks for testing it! Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 25, 05:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jfade..thanks for taking the time to figuring out a way to prevent this.  I've downloaded your hack so hopefully that will do the job for now!
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 25, 06:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was checking out my objects.package files to see if they had been modified, and I noticed the file from the original game is slightly larger and was modified after the one from my DVD. Is this perhaps because of a patch, or should I replace the one on my hard drive with the original?
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 25, 06:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this will keep my game from exploding in a massive fireball visible from Pluto untill Maxis releases a patch to fix the problem once and for all.
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 25, 11:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was checking out my objects.package files to see if they had been modified, and I noticed the file from the original game is slightly larger and was modified after the one from my DVD. Is this perhaps because of a patch, or should I replace the one on my hard drive with the original?

Pull it off the Nightlife disk, not the Uni/Original/SE DVD one.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 25, 13:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but there are three installed objects.package files. One in the Nightlife folder, one in the Uni folder and one in the original. My installed Uni and Nightlife files are the same as from their respective CDs, but the original one isn't.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 25, 16:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, the game only uses the objects.package of the most recent add-on, so I don't think it matters if the original one has changed unless you uninstall both the addons. The objects.package for Nightlife includes all the stuff in the original one (remote control car, grim reaper etc) plus the new stuff (Mrs. Crumplebottom) so with the addons installed the game shouldn't even need to touch the old one.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 25, 17:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHy do we even need the old folders? Seems like they are dead and gone and are just taking up space. What would happen if we deleted them?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 25, 17:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game would probably stop working entirely as you would have deleted the game engine. Remember the little warning it gives you about not installing expansions in the base game folder?  I assume that is because if you allow the expansions to override base game functions, the game will have no way to refer back to the base function. Delete the base game folder, and you don't have a game.

Think of Sims 2 without expansions as a car, a very basic car without extras. Now think of the expansions as optional extras. Add extras on to your car and it's that much better - but take away the car from the extras, and you have a bunch of parts lying around that don't do jack.

They call a game engine an engine because it works like a car engine; take an engine out of a car to make room for a flower planter, and you may have a very interesting looking car with nice flowers growing out of it, but it sure as hell isn't going anywhere.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 25, 17:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can install the expansions in subfolders of the base game, but you cannot let it override the files.

Apparently how it works is that the "base game" files are used for all files where there is not an expansion one.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2005 September 25, 21:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well tell them Bella Goth is really a vampire countess and she bit Mrs. Crumplebottom and then they'd believe it.  Roll Eyes

ROFL.  Absolutely priceless. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: