More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:27:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mrs. Crumplebottom Vampire. Her true calling?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mrs. Crumplebottom Vampire. Her true calling?  (Read 37798 times)
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
Mrs. Crumplebottom Vampire. Her true calling?
« on: 2005 September 23, 02:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had this happen? The Contessa just sort of randomly bit Mrs. Crumplebottom. I didn't even know that was possible . . . but it seems to suit her. Can't you just see her saying "The light! I must flee!"

Attached are a few photos of the event. Just after being bitten, Mrs. Crumplebottom proceeded to thwack the offending vampire with her purse.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Re: Mrs. Crumplebottom Vampire. Her true calling?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 23, 03:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah!  Yeah, it suits her almost too well.

And geez, does Benjamin Long get along with ANYONE?  He's like the world's biggest asshat in my game.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 23, 03:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those two sims ended up spending most of the evening (until my sims left) beating each other up, and then Pong Ng(?), the other guy, would go and cry for a bit, then come back and trade shoves with Benjamin Lee a bit more. Pong later became a vampire himself.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 23, 06:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't realise Mrs C. could be bitten!  She's already upset several Sims in my game.  I was really frustrated actually, because they couldn't tell her off.  I always add communal showers to the downtown lots and TWICE she just marched into the gents and told two of my Sims off because they were in their swimwear (actually, they were naked, but perhaps she needs glasses).  What was really annoying was when Castor & Allegra's little boy had just come out of the swimming pool and she told him off.  He meekly changed back into his normal clothes.  She's also an alcholic by the way, in case anyone hasn't noticed.  And she's NOT related to the Goth Crumplebottoms, whatever Maxis may say.  Their name is Crumplebottom, hers is CrumpleBottom (note the capital B).  Different name, you see.

As for Benjamin Long, in my game he made 100/100 with Nina Caliente and was always swooning over her.  This was in the early days and I assumed (wrongly, I later discovered) that he wouldn't be romantically interested in an elder, as she was, so I aged him to elder.  He was the most miserable and awkward elder I have ever come across, but Nina fell for him and they got married.  When she died, I took pity on him and changed him back to adult, then promptly forgot all about him.  He's still sitting in the same house and has never been played since.  I see him wandering around from time-to-time.  I keep meaning to hook him up with Ivy Copur (who I think is his only best friend) but never get around to it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 23, 06:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Uni, Mrs Crumplebottom is a Mortimer relative (sister or cousin, don't remember). Is it the same relation in NL?
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 23, 06:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And geez, does Benjamin Long get along with ANYONE?  He's like the world's biggest asshat in my game.

Yes....he kept stealing my newspaper and kicking over my garbage can (five times a day, ffs), so I drowned him.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 23, 13:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always add communal showers to the downtown lots and TWICE she just marched into the gents and told two of my Sims off because they were in their swimwear (actually, they were naked, but perhaps she needs glasses).

Was there a male only door on it? Just curious if she can walk through those.  Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 23, 15:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And geez, does Benjamin Long get along with ANYONE? He's like the world's biggest asshat in my game.
Actually, the first sim I ever made married Benjamin Long and they get along great.  He's also friends with about half the neighborhood.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 23, 15:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had this happen? The Contessa just sort of randomly bit Mrs. Crumplebottom. I didn't even know that was possible . . . but it seems to suit her. Can't you just see her saying "The light! I must flee!"

Attached are a few photos of the event. Just after being bitten, Mrs. Crumplebottom proceeded to thwack the offending vampire with her purse.

*sigh* this is bad.  It may corrupt your objects.package file.  I would check to see if that has happened.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 23, 15:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game Ben Long (ex-Senator, currently heading toward his LTW of Mad Scientist) fell in love with Kaylynn Langerak (after she moved in with the Raptors and then moved out on her own), she saved him from death (alot of work for eight thousand aspiration points), they got married, and they've now had twins.  He gets along well with everyone, but that's probably because I never leave him alone long enough for him to spin up any annoying autonomous actions, heh heh...     DC
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 23, 15:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* this is bad.  It may corrupt your objects.package file.  I would check to see if that has happened.
Sorry if this is an ignorant question: how do we check our objects.package files for corruption?

Tx as always,
DC
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 23, 16:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Uni, Mrs Crumplebottom is a Mortimer relative (sister or cousin, don't remember). Is it the same relation in NL?

From a chat on the site:

ringothebulldog (Aug 25, 2005 6:27:34 PM)
Is this the same Mrs. Crumplebottom as in TS1 (although I thought she died), or is it a distant relative or niece?

MaxisLittleL (Aug 25, 2005 6:27:34 PM)
A distant relative, although she's frighteningly similar...
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 23, 16:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this is an ignorant question: how do we check our objects.package files for corruption?

Tx as always,
DC

Look at the modification date.  Compare it against when you installed NL or extract objects.package from the NL installation cd and compare the sizes.
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 23, 16:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From a chat on the site:

Is this the same Mrs. Crumplebottom as in TS1 (although I thought she died), or is it a distant relative or niece?

Then fix the Goth tree, Maxis. Crumplebottom #1 is Mortimer's aunt and is buried in his back yard. This one is nowhere on his tree.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 23, 16:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From a chat on the site:

Then fix the Goth tree, Maxis. Crumplebottom #1 is Mortimer's aunt and is buried in his back yard. This one is nowhere on his tree.

This probably isn't going to happen, since we cannot modify a user's data once it has been installed (reliably at least).  The new Mrs. Crumplebottom is a unique NPC in any case.  What MaxisLittleL said was for storytelling purposes.  Think about all the ancestors in the Goth tree--where do you think they came from?  It's a game and there's only so much illusion we can create.
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 23, 16:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed. Sometimes we simmers lose sight of good, old suspension of belief.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 23, 17:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always add communal showers to the downtown lots and TWICE she just marched into the gents and told two of my Sims off because they were in their swimwear (actually, they were naked, but perhaps she needs glasses).

Was there a male only door on it? Just curious if she can walk through those.  Shocked

Yes, there was a "male only" door on it.  She just pushed it open and barged right through.  Then again, the maids can do that so obviously she's coded the same way.  She tried to ruin a date too, bashing both parties one after the other, but luckily they were in love anyway so it was easy to get it back to where it was.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 23, 21:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh. *That's* what was causing that bug. All my sim's memory icons have gone poof. I figured it was something with the objects.package, but wasn't sure what had caused it. Then posting this wasn't just random and pointless.

Will having a Vampire CrumpleBottom mess with the game, or is it just the biting event? Exactly why does this corrupt the objects.package file? Also, will the patch make CrumpleBottom off-limits for bitage? Would that even be possible?
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 23, 22:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh. *That's* what was causing that bug. All my sim's memory icons have gone poof. I figured it was something with the objects.package, but wasn't sure what had caused it. Then posting this wasn't just random and pointless.

Will having a Vampire CrumpleBottom mess with the game, or is it just the biting event? Exactly why does this corrupt the objects.package file? Also, will the patch make CrumpleBottom off-limits for bitage? Would that even be possible?

The NL patch is currently undergoing testing and it is unlikely that my fix will make it in for this--probably in NL patch 2.  The problem is that when she becomes a vampire, her outfit is modified, but since she's bundled with the rest of the objects, it nukes a bunch of stuff in there.  Ambitious modders could probably make a hack to see if a sim is a unique NPC (like Mrs. Crumplebottom, the Grim Reaper, the Therapist, etc.) and disallow them from becoming vampires.

I have notified some people here of the problem, but it would be good if you submitted a bug report as well (using the form on the official bbs), just to let them know that users have encountered the problem.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 23, 22:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah!  Yeah, it suits her almost too well.

I dunno Benjamin Long gets along with absolutely no one in my game. as for Ms.CrumpleBottom Vampirism suits her all to well Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 24, 03:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before NightLife, I ran the game for several months with the objects.package file marked as read-only.  That seemed to prevent large amounts of weirdness and bugs.  I've now done the same thing with the NightLife objects.package file.  Is there any valid reason (other than a Maxis patch release) why this file should not be read-only?

---
Torkle
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 24, 03:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. Objects.package file has a little over 2000 more KB than it should. Am to be replacing now. And I'm going to look into how possible it is to get a vampire to bite Mrs. CrumpleBottom, and if there are any other game critical type NPCs vulnerable to this. If the Grim Reaper can be vampirified, that's a massively bad thing. Don't touch the Reaper. Too bad you can't train sims not to do things by giving them electric shocks . . .
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 24, 03:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before NightLife, I ran the game for several months with the objects.package file marked as read-only.  That seemed to prevent large amounts of weirdness and bugs.  I've now done the same thing with the NightLife objects.package file.  Is there any valid reason (other than a Maxis patch release) why this file should not be read-only?

That is an awesome idea! Unless MaxoidTom or anyone else has any word on any repercussions, I will do that too.

INTJ
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 24, 04:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what about vampires randomly biting other sims, like Brandi Broke and Dina Caliente? I've read a few posts over on the BBS about this and was puzzled. I was under the impression that a sim would only be bit if they had a high enough relationship with the vampire. I'm not really into that aspect of gameplay (have very few aliens and no zombies either) so I thought if my sims avoided them like they do the child townies I wouldn't have any other vampires than the ones that came with the game. Are these incidents of "random" biting a glitch also?
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 24, 06:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there may be a relationship bug. Several times (3!) I have, ina  brand new neighboorhood, had a sim meet someone that they have at least 2 lightining bolts for, and after the first contact (generally tell joke for me, but didn't keep track) they are instantly best friends and in one case both crushed.

I also noticed this did not fill the make a freind want on one of my sims, so I assume the game thought it was already set and was just updating it.

I haven't been able to make a save to reproduce, it has only happened on NL town lots.

If this is happening between vamp NPCs and townies/and NPC CAs sims, this could explain the biting, they ARE great friends.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: