More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:54:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No parent in college cutscene
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No parent in college cutscene  (Read 3649 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
No parent in college cutscene
« on: 2007 January 29, 18:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually have cutscenes on so I can see the parent drop of a kid at college.  I just sent a set of twins yesterday, and all went as usual.

Today, for some reason, another set of twins is going and both parents are alive, but neither one shows up in the cutscene to drop them off!  I haven't done anything different, haven't added any hacks, installed new software, downloaded anything new, etc. etc.  The only thing I did between yesterday and today is make a couple of recolors in Body Shop.

I did try taking out all my hacks and even took out the recolors, but I'm still not getting a parent there to drop the kid off for either of the twins.  It's not really a big deal, since neither of the parents has a LTW to send X kids to college, but I've never had a parent NOT show up!

This is the hood I've played the most, and I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually turned into a BFBVFS, but it doesn't seem like this is a symptom of that.  Or maybe it is.  If so, I guess I'll have to be prepared for that.

I haven't tried using debug mode to see if I get an error, but I can if it will help.

Any suggestions? 

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: No parent in college cutscene
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 29, 18:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No suggestions, but I recall it happening to me once. I don't know why it happened either, but take heart that it was a while ago and my game hasn't turned into a BFBVFS  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 31, 03:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience the cutscene only plays for the first child from a household that is sent to college. Any children after that simply go to college, no fanfare, no fuss, no cutscene. I'm not sure whether the 'play custscene once only' is linked to the household or to the parent sims i.e. does it play for the first student in each generation, or once and only once for a given lot?
The LTW is to graduate 3 children from college and I've fulfilled that by having each of the 3 children throw a graduation party.

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 31, 03:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cut scene play for every kid of the family unless you join households.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 31, 05:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to send one teen only, and choose an empty dorm. Then the cutscene will be activated.
If you send the second teen to the same dorm, in which you put the first teen - you won't see the cutscene.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 31, 06:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a small dorm that I put in just so that I get the cut scene for each teen. I named it something like, "Starting Point". I put in Inge's Stay Things Shrub and activated it so that I don't have to refurnish after each move. Immediately after the cut scene I save and exit and move the new YA to one of the actually working dorms.

I only did this because I like the cut scene.  Cool

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 31, 07:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hereditary household on campus is a frat, so my Sims have to move into a dorm first!
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 31, 12:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had the cutscene play - whether the 1st kid or the 5th!

I have a dorm that I put the teen in to get the cutscene, then move that one out and put him/her in another, already occupied dorm.  If there's another, then I put that teen in the same empty dorm for the cutscene again, move out, etc.  I've been doing this for a long time with no problem.

I don't use the stay shrub because I don't need to.  The stuff stays there anyway.  Even when I thought it would disappear, it never did.

I just sent another set of twins the day before this happened with no problem.  I'm thinking one of this set of twins may have a problem, though.

Both of these guys were in green asp when I sent them to college.  One of the two would show a red hourglass above his head at the end of the cutscene when I put him in the dorm I always use for the drop off.  So I exited without saving, moved him back into the bin (he stays a teen when you do this), and tried putting him into another empty dorm, one of the 4 I use for playing.  He had the red hourglass here, as well.

So I decided to try a new dorm I had just gotten ready (already on campus, I just put some things on the lot to prepare it for use), since these two are the first of the 4th generation heading to college, and I'm trying to keep them separate from the 3rd gen college kids who are still there.  Still didn't get a parent, but he had the regular hourglass, indicating he grew up well.

What's funny about that is the fact that I name the dorms after the founders of the hood - Forrest Green Hall, Stone Blue Dorm, etc.  Without thinking about who would be going into this dorm, I had named it after his (well, their) paternal great-grandfather.  So he has the same last name as the founder the dorm is named after.

The other twin grew up well no matter which empty dorm I put him in, but I didn't get a parent for him, either.  I guess their parents just don't care!

Another thought I had was that these two were "conceived" on campus when their father was alien abducted using the EDS.  I had to suspend the pregnancy with the Insim, and when Dad graduated and went back to the family home he popped out right away.  I have a suspicion that this may be related to that bug from whichever EP it came with - OFB?

And the dad married the girl who was the result of the first abduction via EDS on campus I had.  She was born at Uni and I had to teleport her to the family home when her dad graduated.  (Didn't do it on purpose, they met at college and fell in love.)

Ah, I do love my sims!  They make their own story lines without any help from me!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: