More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:38:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Object Errors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Object Errors  (Read 2284 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Object Errors
« on: 2007 January 31, 20:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two CAS families I am playing in Strangetown. The sims in both families are constantly having to be reset. It's beginning to annoy me and make playing a drag. When I look at the logs it appears that there is a painting, fruitbowl, piss puddle? listed as culprits. Do I need to go in and delete all of these objects to make the cancel/reset/delete problem go away or are these objects listed not really related to the actual problem?

I added two of many object error logs just to give an idea.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 01, 00:36:48 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Object Errors
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 31, 21:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think those objects are the cause. I've never seen that type of error in the game or in a log before, just in the list of possible errors. If you have other sims in the hood that play ok, CAS probably hosed those sims somehow. Otherwise the hood is a BFBVFS. Undecided

The error is happening when the sims try to find something to do autonomously so if you're attached to those sims you could always just turn free will off on those lots while you play and that should stop the errors. Maybe. This is The Sims we're dealing with after all.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Object Errors
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 31, 23:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. My game was just recently re-installed when I bought the Pets expansion a few weeks ago. The few times that I paid attention to what the sims were actually doing, it was something like the father emptying the  potty contents into the commode or the mother standing at the dishwasher while thinking about picking up a toddler. I have been able to "X" out their existing queue and tell them to "go here" and all is well until the next episode occurs.

The only sims I have played otherwise are the Curious brothers and I have received no errors there, so you may well be onto something with the CAS thing. Darn, and these were people I had planned to spend sim generations playing.  Undecided

Thank you, Two Jeffs.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: