More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:16:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  any inventory management in seasons?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: any inventory management in seasons?  (Read 5280 times)
pitifulpeon
any inventory management in seasons?
« on: 2007 January 14, 07:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

original thread of inspiration here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3653.0

I'm not crazy about the sims 2 inventory, especially when I have multiple business owners/crafters in one family.  So I was wondering if anyone knows about any official improvements to anything inventory related that will be made in seasons. 

In specific categorizing of one's inventory, or transferring crafted items from one sim to another.

this isn't a thinly disguised request btw.  It's nice if it could be done with a mod, but if it's a pain in the ass just to access the inventory IN GAME, I can't imagine what it's like to sift through the code.  Well, then again,this is my non awesome pov.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: any inventory management in seasons?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 14, 14:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons is nothing but Lies and Propaganda as far as we're concerned.  Tongue We know no more about this than you do. When/if the game comes out, then we'll see.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 15, 02:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In specific categorizing of one's inventory, or transferring crafted items from one sim to another.

Transferring crafted items is easy.  You just move them out of one Sim's inventory, stick them on the lawn or wherever,  then plop them in the inventory of your chosen Sim.  Using the "I" key makes it quicker. 
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 15, 13:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Transferring crafted items is easy.  You just move them out of one Sim's inventory, stick them on the lawn or wherever,  then plop them in the inventory of your chosen Sim.  Using the "I" key makes it quicker. 

That's not easy.  That's boring and time consuming.  Especially when dealing with millions of tiny flowers or toy robots.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 15, 14:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not easy.  That's boring and time consuming.  Especially when dealing with millions of tiny flowers or toy robots.

Exactly!

We're supposed to get fridges that store leftovers aren't we?  that should help clean up the inventories a bit.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 15, 15:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be helpful if the inventory was tabbed in some way, craftables in one tab, cell phones and personal electronics in another, diplomas, deeds, photos, etc. in another. 

I didn't play Sims 1 for long, but wasn't their inventories split up similarly.

As to whether this will come about in a future EP, I will remain hopeful but not expectant.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 16, 23:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to have the ability to organise clothing be body type as well. I can just about manage spotting the difference between normal sims, athletes and bodybuilders but have only got the default replacement Warlokk meshes as I know figuring out which clothes belong where will be impossible with the others. Actually what I'd really like is some sort of customisable system so that I can organise it the way I want. Being able to add a description (that is meaningful to me) would be ideal. Having sub-folders would help a lot too as it takes forever to scroll through all the available clothing in CAS/buy mode.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 23, 07:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to be able to organise catalogues (objects and clothes) in the way that we can now organise the collections with Pets - move things round, rename etc.  I'd like that more than anything else.  Also the ability to change the categorisation easily (without SimPE).

Inteen for AL, yay!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 23, 07:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere (maybe even on the official site) that the Lies & Propaganda will group items in the inventory into one icon, with a number showing how many of those items it represents.  That'll make it a bit handier for business owners and crafted stuff.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 23, 09:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I wish is that Sims could actually open presents in Sims2 like they did in the Sims1 and that Sims could still give gifts from their inventory Like they did in Sims1

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 23, 09:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simwardrobe.com has openable presents.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 23, 09:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simwardrobe.com has openable presents.
I will have to check it out

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 24, 08:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere (maybe even on the official site) that the Lies & Propaganda will group items in the inventory into one icon, with a number showing how many of those items it represents.  That'll make it a bit handier for business owners and crafted stuff.
I've always wondered why this hadn't been done in the first EP introducing inventory (NL?) already.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: