More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 02:43:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Userstartup cheat file
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Userstartup cheat file  (Read 10727 times)
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Userstartup cheat file
« on: 2007 January 06, 17:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't really seen the need for one until I got Pets(for the controlpets and petactioncancel cheats), so off I went and made my "userstartup.cheat" notepad file in my config folder, put the cheats in, and start up the game.

The problem is: none of the cheats I entered in the file are activated when I go into the game! am I missing something really obvious here?

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Userstartup cheat file
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 06, 17:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe. What did you put in it?

This is mine btw.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 06, 18:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See if this helps.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 06, 18:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure the file format is .cheat, not .txt.  Notepad has a tendency to do that.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 06, 18:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just noticed that the file seems to be ".cheat.txt", man I feel like an idiot.
Sorry for bothering you!
« Last Edit: 2007 January 06, 18:39:45 by spookymuffin » Logged

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 06, 19:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another in the great tradition of ILoveYou.txt.pif.  Always set your operating system to show all suffixes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 07, 01:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is: none of the cheats I entered in the file are activated when I go into the game!

Don't do the stupid error I did either, I forgot to enable testingcheats in the userstartup file itself.

PS: For all those people who don't drive on the right hand side of the road...

# Cars drive on left
boolProp CarsOnRight false

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 07, 02:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wooo!  is it also possible to make vehicles right hand drive as well?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 07, 02:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I know of...  Angry

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 07, 02:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Logic tells me it's not possible.  But the driver being on the wrong side of the car bugs me more than the cars being on the wrong side of the road.

Does it just change at the neighbourhood view, or does it change things at the lot level also?  If so, how does it effect driveways?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 07, 02:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only at hood level. Lots function on the right - probably because of driveways etc. Looks good at hood level though.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 07, 09:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wooo!  is it also possible to make vehicles right hand drive as well?

No - believe me, I tried.

Inteen for AL, yay!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 07, 10:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Logic tells me it's not possible.  But the driver being on the wrong side of the car bugs me more than the cars being on the wrong side of the road.

Does it just change at the neighbourhood view, or does it change things at the lot level also?  If so, how does it effect driveways?

Well, 'wrong' is a purely subjective term. Considering that an american invented the automobile, and americans drive on the right-hand side of the road, one could argue that the left-hand side of the road is the 'wrong' side to drive on. Not that I'm arguing, mind you - just playing devil's advocate (my favourite hobby besides simming).

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 07, 10:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Historically the left-hand side is "right". It was changed by the french revolutionaries, as part of their general upheaval of all old customs (which just about all caught on except for the decimal clock).
The Brits are simply some of the last holdouts.

As for why left -- supposedly it has to do with weapons and armour (shields). If you both carry shields and walk or ride on the left side, both can pass. Walk or ride on the right side, and you clash into each other. See also the joust: the horses pass each other on the left.

The Romans certainly drove and walked on the left side of the road, as did all of Europe after them... until the French introduced the royals to the guillotine. This is one of my minor gripes with some movies by the way, often they have soldiers march on the right side of a road, or wagons pass on the right.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 07, 10:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh pbbffft to you!

Lets not argue about wrong and right sides of the road!  Here in Australia if you tried to drive on the right you'd not get very far, so from my perspective it's wrong.

It's just a turn of phrase, nothing to get philosophical about!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 07, 10:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who's arguing?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 07, 10:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Ness is probably replying to notveryawesome. I thought what you said was interesting Jordi, though like Ness, i don't think I can get too emotionally involved in this issue. Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 07, 10:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for why left -- supposedly it has to do with weapons and armour (shields). If you both carry shields and walk or ride on the left side, both can pass. Walk or ride on the right side, and you clash into each other. See also the joust: the horses pass each other on the left.
Horses pass each other on the left in jousting because people typically carry their weapons right-handed. If they were to travel on the right, they would not be able to effectively fight each other from that position. For similar reasons, driving on the right acts as a preventative damper on roadway violence, since people would have to reach across their bodies and fire from awkward positions to attack each other.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 07, 11:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's why spiral staircases always go the same way round in castles too - the guy defending can swing his sword/axe/whatever more easily than a right-handed attacker, who is bashing his arm/sword on that central stone column all the time.

I feel like I want to argue about who invented the motor car on principle - being a Brit and bolshy with it, but I'm ignorant and not that interested.  I'm going to go edit my startup cheat file though  - thanks for posting yours Jordi - I like the m and m-  convention, my shortcuts are long enough to forget!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 07, 11:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here in Australia if you tried to drive on the right you'd not get very far, so from my perspective it's wrong.

Indeed. If you tried to drive on the right, you'd end up being smashed by someone going the other way. Although I never spend enough time in neighbourhood view to bother changing my userstartup cheat file. I don't even notice it.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 07, 11:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I was replying to notveryawesome - I was just too lazy to quote, sorry.

Horses pass each other on the left in jousting because people typically carry their weapons right-handed. If they were to travel on the right, they would not be able to effectively fight each other from that position. For similar reasons, driving on the right acts as a preventative damper on roadway violence, since people would have to reach across their bodies and fire from awkward positions to attack each other.

So our right hand drive vehicles are much more appropriate to attacking each other?
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 07, 11:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why the entrances to many castles/forts etc tend to loop around a hill - the attackers are forced to attack the building without being able to properly defend themselves from the people inside.

This is also one reason why people who were left handed were mistrusted - it simply wasn't sporting to hold your sword with the other hand as you were then capable of attacking the other person's vulnerable spots.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 07, 17:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fine with people in England and Australia driving on the left side of the road.  They're surronded by water on all sides, and rarely take their car out of the country.
However it drove me mad that people in Hong Kong, which is a tiny bit of land with a border to China, where they dive on the other side of the road.  Crossing the border was always an interesting experience.  Business people who crossed the border frequently would often have one car on each side of the border, rather than trying to drive right-side stearing on the left side of the road or vice verca.
It was scary how fast I got used to it though, when I first drove a car after returning home, I rode almost a mile on the wrong side of the road before I realized what the hell I was doing.  Luckily it was a deserted road, or I might have learned the hard way.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 08, 03:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, 'wrong' is a purely subjective term. Considering that an american invented the automobile...

While the design for the first American automobile (by George Baldwin Selden) was done in 1877, it wasn't actually patented and built until 1905. A German, Karl Benz, got the first patent for and built the first working automobile in 1886, followed not long after by Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach. And all the original patents for internal combustion engines come from Europe (mostly Germans). So who actually 'invented' the  automobile isn't as cut and dry as saying an American did it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 08, 04:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for veering back to the original topic, but has anyone else ever used the UserLogSettings.cheat file for their game, and if so, what things have you managed to pull from the game into logs?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: