More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:15:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Looking for sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for sims  (Read 9202 times)
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Looking for sims
« on: 2007 January 03, 23:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've decided to make a new neighbourhood and been looking for some decent sims I can download.  I spent all day yesterday downloading various sims and almost all of them have the painted faces (not sure exactly how to describe it but even the eyebrows are on the skin itself).  If you try to change the gender or make it a child it looks nothing like the original sim.

If anyone knows of any sites that have some sims (especially male, as mine all tend to look the same when I make them), I'd really appreciate it.

Also I'm not really into the anime type looking sims.  I have a few but I really need some variety  Wink

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
Re: Looking for sims
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 03, 23:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could try the Made-Up Animals section of this forum.  Self-Sims for the win!   Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 03, 23:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

www.insimenator.net has some nice sims that aren't all painted

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 04, 23:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Made-up sims is a good idea, been awhile since I checked there.  Last I looked there was a shortage of males though, will have to look again.

I'll have to check insem later as well.  Ty for the tips  Smiley

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 04, 23:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some really nice ones at MTS2, too.
CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 05, 03:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little OT, but I thought I'd give someone a plug for doing some really good work.

I've mostly been hugely disappointed by the "celebrities and real people" sims at MTS2. The only one I've kept in my game is paperbackwriter's "John Locke": http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=187640

I've played with this one for a couple of months and it's amazing how much he looks like Terry O'Quinn. He throws pretty decent-looking kids, too.
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 05, 06:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rockchick Sims has some really hot Sim males for download. They're not at all anime-ish. It's also a free site.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 05, 14:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you'd like some run of the mill maxis only sims,  - that's the only kind I make  Embarrassed - I have some sims in lots up for download and I'm willing to package up and mail you a lot full of guys for you to check out....   I'm no artist, but at least they won't look like yours!

I'm working on a new hood myself at the moment - it's got a lot of elders in it and I've been having fun setting up stories in it.  One of the lots is an army camp with 8 guys - I'd quite like someone to try it out.  Another is a teen foster home which is already up for download on my website (It went into Simmiecal's Matyville along with the Green family.)  I think it's fun, but again a tester would be nice.  I was intending to make this into a business sub-hood for people to use as an alternative to Bluewater, but it's getting too big.   Anyway if you just want run of the mill sims, I can package up a lot full of sims, clean it up and send it.  PM me if you're interested.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 05, 17:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just went through this. There were some singles that turned out well, but I also downloaded several from these two artists and they breed pretty well (there might still be a bit on the skins, but it doesn't matter they still look related when they have children.)

http://www.modthesims2.com/member/vividmiss
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/Brad2006

and I liked the ones from  Insim very well as well. There are a lot of singles there, but this is a group and they're all nice:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=31907

Those and some from some friends and I put in 21 new sims (male and female) that look nothing like the ones I normally make (they're prettier :p) Smiley

Unsouper
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 05, 22:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I know, double-posting is bad (and I'm particularly guilty <guilty-not-sheepish-deerish-maybe-look> but I didn't have time to play from work, just answer as quick as I could.

> I'm working on a new hood myself at the moment - it's got a lot of elders in it and I've been having fun setting up stories in it. 

I'd love to hear what kind of stories you're coming up with for the elders and how you're playing them out. Are you posting it somewhere? Or might you consider it? I think elders can be a lot of fun and love to hear what other people are doing with them Smiley

> One of the lots is an army camp with 8 guys - I'd quite like someone to try it out.  Another is a teen foster home which is already up for download on my website (It went into Simmiecal's Matyville along with the Green family.)

I don't need any more bunches of sims (already ended up with plenty) but have discovered that I enjoy playing this kind of lot the best. At least 4 sims, preferrably 6 (8 is sometimes too much for my computer, but it depends on the lot) not all one family.

In my current neighborhood, I set up one where a bunch of poor urban folks took camp (squatters r us) in an abandoned warehouse. They've turned one side into little apts for each of them (one person per, I didn't feel like dealing with 'family' keys and stuff) and the other side is a home business (just a pooltable and poker table at the moment - that's all they can afford). They are so much fun to play - a serious "setting" for stories. The neighborhood criminal gang (who just happens to all be women and really I didn't plan it that way) comes and meets there, and the local high-brow folk go slumming and even the teens (there are only 3 of them) stop by to see what kind of trouble they can into, and then the 6 residents on top of that - the woman that owns the place has high ambitions and nothing to start with. Her best friend wants to be a celebrity chef and she's promised him his own restaurant, as well as the place to flop, if he'll invest in her bar.

Um and so on. I wasn't telling stories. I was going to say, I love playing this kind of lot and will be happy to playtest if you need testers Smiley Both the army camp and the teens. Just let me know what kind of feedback you need and where to get the lot/sims. I did more recently get a high-speed connection so I can download bigger stuff. I think I didn't know you had your own site - have you posted where that is?

Unsouper
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 05, 22:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's always Bors

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 06, 00:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about your avatar sims, neither of which looks anything like you?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 06, 00:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course they don't. They're from my Legacy story. When I get a new chapter up, I might change my avatar.

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 06, 06:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to find some good ones at insem, and quite a few spunks on the Rockchick site Smiley

Will download a few of those you mentioned at MTS2 Sagana, thanks for the links.

Cywkes, I'd be delighted to test out sims.  Army of 8 guys sounds great.  I have plenty of female sims so they wont get lonely  Wink

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 06, 07:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a lot with 8 fresh sims for download here:
http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=445.0

The download is at the bottom of the post, after the pics.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 06, 12:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, witch... Grin

Or, how about just using the made-up animals and turning them to the opposite sex. I've done this and it works fine.

Meh...
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 06, 17:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*ElfPuddle is suddenly worried*

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 06, 17:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ElfPuddle, I'm sure you'd be a hot guy!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 06, 17:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kiss Aw, thanks! Kiss

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 07, 02:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, witch... Grin

Or, how about just using the made-up animals and turning them to the opposite sex. I've done this and it works fine.

Pics please.  Wink

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 07, 12:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...... I love playing this kind of lot and will be happy to playtest if you need testers Smiley Both the army camp and the teens. Just let me know what kind of feedback you need and where to get the lot/sims. I did more recently get a high-speed connection so I can download bigger stuff. I think I didn't know you had your own site - have you posted where that is?
I set up a website for Sedona (the desert alternative to Bluewater) and put the Greens, the foster home and the army camp into "other downloads" at the bottom.  http://users.telenet.be/cwykes/  The Greens and Foster home were part of Simmiecal's Matyville so you might have seen them.  The army camp is new. You can download the foster home and army camp from there without the Green's - they'll have 7 sims not 8 because the 8th was supposed to be one of the Green family.  The exchange has an 8 guy version of the army camp (Area 101) http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=478891 and some pics in a story. It looks boring - a collection of prefabs - it's supposed to!

I'd really just like some feedback as to whether they are worth the webspace - anything about layout, look and feel, the sims, bugs....  what should I work on to make it better?  I don't use CC in things for download, so I'm sacrificing look and feel for convenience.  Maybe I need a few hot sims...

My elders are looking forward to the seasons!  I have an elderly romance sim, who plans on cutting a swathe through the hood on his pension when he can afford some cool clothes to do it in.  An old lady knowledge sim who steals gnomes.  Granny green, a broke fortune sim who really needs to marry a rich guy as her LTW is almost certainly going to be an unachievable career want or 5  top businesses.   I have 2 sisters with very different aspirations - one wants a party, the other sister fears having one.  I have a retired detective with lodgers and a pretty garden, I have an elderly couple with a young child to raise.  I've got a retired general with three urns from casualties in training.  I've put them all into one hood and I've got links between them hidden around the place.  Having linked them I can't easily disentangle them to put up separately.   Trouble is, it's out of hand - the hood is already a 45 MB RAR and I've not put in the businesses and the obligatory tycoon yet (trying to come up with something clever there...)  It was supposed to be an alternate business hood like Sedona.  My free website space is only 50.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: