More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:26:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Woohoo LTW Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Woohoo LTW Fix  (Read 106016 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Woohoo LTW Fix
« on: 2006 December 06, 15:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever wonder where your Woohoo LTW memory ends up? It ends up on some random other sim!

woohooltwfix.zip

Woohoo LTW Fix (v1b) for TS2U+
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Pencilneck
BlueSoup Fathead

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Ever wonder where your woohoo LTW memory went? Ever spot a woohoo LTW memory
on some random sim where it doesn't belong? That's where it went. It's a lot
like the hydrogen in BlueSoup's fat head: Exploding in a big fiery ball visible
from space.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS Hacks. For TS2U and up.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 06, 16:21:59 by Venusy » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Woohoo LTW Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 06, 15:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the LTW memory token was having its owner changed? What would happen to that other sim's LTW then?

« Last Edit: 2006 December 06, 17:25:59 by Theo » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 06, 17:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing. The other sim would just receive the memory token of "Woohoo with X sims" instead of the sim that actually got the LTW.

What was actually happening is that a garbage value was passed, which, if corresponding to a valid NID, caused that NID to get the memory. I discovered this oddity when Gilbert Jacquet's woohoo LTW memory ended up on a random toddler, which made my scratch my head. So I ordered an investigation into it, and this is what we found.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 06, 17:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*downloads* Not that I ever fullfill that stupid LTW but I download anything orange.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 06, 17:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*downloads* Not that I ever fullfill that stupid LTW but I download anything orange.
The LTW could potentially fill itself through townies, for instance, resulting in a random sim receiving a memory.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 06, 19:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it also fix the exploit of public woohoo with a previous partner counts again?  Two woohoos for one memory?  It's a nice little exploit, but it would also be nice to have more of a challenge.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 06, 21:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like a dangerous situation.  I have not observed it myself, but I have several sims in my older Pleasantview who have achieved this LTW.  I need to go see if they actually received the proper memories for them.  Tongue
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 06, 22:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't even know there was a separate memory for this, but I would have been disturbed to find it in a toddler.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 07, 01:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it also fix the exploit of public woohoo with a previous partner counts again?  Two woohoos for one memory?  It's a nice little exploit, but it would also be nice to have more of a challenge.
No, that's a seperate, unrelated issue, one that doesn't have an obvious method of resolution in TS2.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 07, 03:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's a seperate, unrelated issue, one that doesn't have an obvious method of resolution in TS2.

Well... how about adjusting the BHAV that count's the memories, and then store the nID of the other sim, either in an array, or just have 20 locals declared... then while iterating through the memories, make sure that each nID is unique. If it a new id, push onto the array or store in a local, then iterate and compare subsequent ids to those already in the array or already stored in locals, if new then push/store, else ignore and loop. Doable?

I think the same thing gets exploited with 20 best friends and with the influence meter. I'm pretty sure I had a sim fall out of friendship once with a sim... and then regain that friendship, causing their influence meter to expand. Tongue

If this is doable, you could probably also modify the check for businesses, so they actually have to be unique business lot ids.

Ste

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 07, 03:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the influence meter is ok.  If the Sim has exactly the minimum number of friends for a certain "level" and loses one, the meter shrinks.  If the friend is regained (or another made), the meter expands again.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 07, 04:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the same thing, miros.  I've even seen it go up and then back down right away because the sim was right at the threshold, and the sim talked about something the other one didn't like causing them to lose that friend for a few moments.  Tongue

The public woohoo exploit I'm not so worried about, because for me, I rarely go to community lots and it takes so long to load them that it's not worth it unless I'm already at one that has a photo booth.  Otherwise, it's not really worth loading one just for that.  It seems to me that woohoo in a hot tub in a club should qualify as public woohoo.  The sims shoo the others out of the hot tub, but they don't care if they stand outside and watch them.  Roll Eyes  I think it would be pretty obvious to everyone around what's going on, especially with all the diving and splashing.  Tongue
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 07, 05:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure "woohoo in hot tub" counts as public woohoo on community lots.  Not sure about car woohoo on any lot or home hot tub woohoo.  Has anyone seen a definitive list of what's public vs non-public woohoo?

The funniest thing I've ever seen was when Allegra and her boyfriend were getting it on in their on-campus house and the cheerleader came right in the room and started cheering.  Talk about performance pressure!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 07, 06:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to Kevin and Tiffany at the frat house when they were woohooing in the hot tub in the back.  Tongue  She got zapped by TJ's VC.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 07, 18:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure "woohoo in hot tub" counts as public woohoo on community lots.  Not sure about car woohoo on any lot or home hot tub woohoo.  Has anyone seen a definitive list of what's public vs non-public woohoo?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, since I use the photo booth to fulfill the public woohoo want and the hottub to fulfill the woohoo on the same community lot during dates in order to exploit the big mentioned.
Only changing booths, photo booths and elevators count as public.  And elevators are bugged, so only the person initiating the woohoo gets any fulfillment.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 07, 18:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please stop spreading that myth. Tub woohoo is NEVER public woohoo.
For public woohoo it is not the lot type which counts, but the object it is done in. An elevator or photo booth at home still works for public woohoo.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 08, 01:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not for me it doesn't. Home photo booths count as regular woohoo.  Sad
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 08, 04:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed them getting a memory for public woohoo in the photo booth at home either. 
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 08, 05:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

photobooth counted as public woohoo at home the one time I tried it (can't remember if it was pre or post OFB

Haven't tried it since pets (at least).
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 08, 08:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In OFB at least it is public.
Not yet tried with Pets at home lots, just at dorms (where it is public).
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 08, 13:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

before Pets, sometimes on a home lot with a photobooth it counted as public woohoo and sometimes it didn't. I think it may have depended on who else was on the Lot at the time.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 08, 15:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe "public" refers to people standing around cheering?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 08, 17:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish I got this LTW.  I'll DL the hack anyway, but it doesn't come up ever as an LTW in base+OFB.  Considering it exists in base+NL I think that's bizarre, but I'm told - tough.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 09, 00:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought public woohoo occurred when someone was present in the room/area as woohoo intiated. The problem with it is sims will usher other sims out of the area before woohoo is performed.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 09, 00:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, "public woohoo" just depends on what object the woohoo is done in. Beds, tubs, and cars are private — clothing booths, photo booths, and elevators (I think) are public. The lot type and presence (or lack of) other Sims does not seem to matter.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: