More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:17:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This mod looks interesting
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This mod looks interesting  (Read 12671 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
This mod looks interesting
« on: 2006 December 05, 20:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Show Hidden Skills and Stats

Just going to download and try it out myself Grin

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
Re: This mod looks interesting
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 05, 21:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have those things already...  Huh When I click on any active sim I get an option that says something like "Show personal stats" and that popup appears. This is since Pets AFAIK. I thought it was a nifty feature from Maxis EA but now I guess it must be because of debug mode (via UserStartup)  Tongue Do I feel silly!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 05, 21:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because of the insiminator probably. The current version spams the Sim menus even in the object edition.
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 05, 21:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I thought I took Insim out..?

OK, my DL folder is obviously a total mess. Again.  Cheesy

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 05, 22:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I thought this would be useful for people like me who don't use the insiminator Smiley

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 06, 01:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought there was no such thing as the romance skill.

I wonder if it ever increases from 0, and if it does, does nothing happen?
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 06, 01:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not used at all by the game, but still exists.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 06, 09:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would think you'd be able to increase the romance skill, after all, you can 'practise romance' in the mirror.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 06, 09:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Romance skill is basically a vestigial attribute. People keep quoting it based on a line in the commentary text, but Maxis has been known to recycle these unused attributes, so this means very little.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 06, 10:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes me wonder if there are any hints left over as to what the romance skill was supposed to do in the first place.  Some part of me has images of skill-based animations locked away deep in EA's corporate vault.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 06, 10:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The skilling animation is still there, practice romance on mirrors. Obviously this was just retooled as a second charisma skiller when they scrapped the romance skill, as it already had a want tie in, animations, etc..
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 07, 23:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would have been awesome for sims to get -better- at romance. I would have loved to see a sim be such a romancer that he made out (either male or female) and that sim kinda swayed around in shock afterwards.

Or even more hilarious. Give them a arrousal meter they needed to fill before they could woohoo, and if it got too high, they would lose focus until it got lowered by woohoo. Obviously, romance sims arrousal meter would raise on its own, since they're sex crazed. While the knowledge sims one would naturally lower on its own.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 08, 09:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The person who made the 'Show hidden skills and stats' mod has made a Practise Romance-Bug Fix. Apparently it fills the romance skill meter instead of the charisma skill meter.

I see Ste and Pes has already replied to the thread. Wink

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 08, 11:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me an asshole, but why would anyone create/download a mod that has no "known impact"?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 08, 11:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it is a mod.
Put ANYTHING up at MTS2 and you will get thanked and downloaded. Remember the first (fake) period hack?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 08, 15:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see Ste and Pes has already replied to the thread. Wink

Wink and Roll Eyes (not to you of course... hehe)

Anyhew... it would have been nice if Charisma was a factor in accepting Socials. In addition to personality traits, such as niceness, outgoingness, and/or playfulness... I definitely think Charisma should be thrown into the mix. So sims who have developed their charisma should be better at charming the pants off another sim.

So... how's about an update to the romancemod, if it doesn't already include this? (I always forget the exact dependencies) Yes, very yes? Wink

Furthermore... I think the standard or many of the acceptance BHAVs for socials typically check niceness and outgoingness of the target sim. At least that's what I noticed when I was messin around with my ask about relationship status hack, which I cloned from the ask about zodiac sign. I think most socials typically check mood, STR, LTR, and and then niceness and outgoingness.

It would be nice to have charisma thrown in as a factor so that there would be some variation across sims. Of course, sims who have extremely poor chemistry or compatibility... should still have a larger chance of being rejected for socials, but it would be neat if say a sim with maxed out charisma still have a slight chance of actually "convincing" the other sim to accept a social interaction. In this way... shy sims who have maxed out charisma can still be influential. It could sort of be like an RPG in a way. Compare the initiating sim's charisma and personality to the target sim's outgoing, I'm not sure what combo yet... but if the initiating sim's stats are better, then the "attack" succeeds! If the target sim's stats are sufficient, then the sim "saves" and the "attack" fails. Wink

Ste

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 09, 08:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyhew... it would have been nice if Charisma was a factor in accepting Socials. In addition to personality traits, such as niceness, outgoingness, and/or playfulness... I definitely think Charisma should be thrown into the mix. So sims who have developed their charisma should be better at charming the pants off another sim.

I thought it was-in the case of the headmaster scenario anyway. If I get a sim with high charisma skill to schmooze and talk to the HM, he always seems to accept with the little '++' signs over his head. Maybe he has a different code for accepting socials.

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 09, 15:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was-in the case of the headmaster scenario anyway. If I get a sim with high charisma skill to schmooze and talk to the HM, he always seems to accept with the little '++' signs over his head. Maybe he has a different code for accepting socials.

I've found that teenage girls will always do the trick. My headmasters never seem to accept any schmoozing from the parents, but as soon as you let an underage girl do it, the score shoots up.  Roll Eyes

Edited for stupidity  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2006 December 09, 22:40:33 by Eleonora » Logged

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 09, 19:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My headmasters never seem to accept any smooching from the parents, but as soon as you let an underage girl do it, the score shoots up.  Roll Eyes

What a way to get into private school!   Shocked

Cheesy

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 09, 23:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My headmasters never seem to accept any smooching from the parents, but as soon as you let an underage girl do it, the score shoots up.  Roll Eyes

What a way to get into private school!   Shocked

Cheesy

Mom making WooHoo in the hottub with the headmaster doesn't seem to help get the kids into school either...
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 10, 01:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mom making WooHoo in the hottub with the headmaster doesn't seem to help get the kids into school either...

On an unrelated note, I have found that the only way to shoo the headmaster out of the hot tub once he gest in, is to woohoo in front of him.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 10, 07:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On an unrelated note, I have found that the only way to shoo the headmaster out of the hot tub once he gest in, is to woohoo in front of him.
Oh.... thanks a lot, I hate when I forget to put the hot tub in some sim's inventory and the headmaster gets stuck in it. I thought there were nothing to do. Thanks !
Pioupiou
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 10, 12:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better distract him fast though, or he'll get right back in.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 10, 13:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that teenage girls will always do the trick. My headmasters never seem to accept any schmoozing from the parents, but as soon as you let an underage girl do it, the score shoots up.  Roll Eyes
Schmoozes are primarily influenced by interest levels and function like normal conversation. If the headmaster and your sim both have high interest in the schmoozed topic, then it goes well, otherwise it bombs miserably. As adult sims typically find topics like "school" boring, only podlings tend to be effective at schmoozing about that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 10, 15:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't found charisma to be a factor in schmoozing. Like Eleonora, I've found teenage girls to be the key. Male teens are only a little bit better than adults at schmoozing, in my experience. It's rather disturbing.

I usually skip schmoozing and just have my Sims spam "ask about interests" a lot. Chatting normally seems to work OK too. Schmoozing has too high a failure rate for anyone but teen girls, ime.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: