More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 08:15:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jealousy with Romance mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jealousy with Romance mod  (Read 12165 times)
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Jealousy with Romance mod
« on: 2006 November 27, 23:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to figure this out for a while and you guys are so awesome, maybe you can help  Wink  In fact, I posted a related query in Sexy sims (I think) and Pescado (in His Awesomeness) directed me to his romance mod, but I am still a bit confused as to whether what I want is really doable. 

First and foremost, I don't want any jealousy triggered unless couples are married, engaged or going steady.  I think this is unrealistic.  I found a hack on MTS2 by Smonoff, but don't know if it can be used with the romance mod since he states it will conflict with other anti-jealousy hacks, but then again, I'm not sure what that means. 

Secondly, for jealousy to be triggered so readily with any flirt is both infantile and unrealistic, even if one is in a committed relationship.  I had a sim wolf whistle another and she happened to have a crush in the same store they were in and got bitch slapped by him.  This REALLY annoys me for it's highly unrealistic factor - I "flirt" all the time with friends and colleagues (in and out of the presence of my husband) and it doesn't affect him or us at all, I guess because of our maturity, personalities and strength of relationships, but I digress.  Anyway I've searched and don't think there is a hack that addresses this (I could be wrong) but it would be cool if there were.

Now, what I really want is to have a sim world in which polygamy/polyamory can exist, as well as sluts --> sims who are happy to sleep around and no one be jealous for him/her because they know that they're sluts.  I guess this can be solved with a no jealousy unless committed hack, but sluts are sluts, even if they're married. Tongue  Also, as far as I understand it, the romance mod makes outgoing romance/pleasure sims non jealous, and this is good (I guess) but not as broad or realistic as I want.  I guess I want my sims' attitudes re their sexuality not be at all contingent on their aspirations.  A knowledge or family sim should be non jealous type personality if we want to create him like this - why not?

Finally, if sims could be committed to more than one other sim (and of course, not trigger any jealousy within themselves only), that would be MOST awesome.

(Not sure I explained this right - it's past my bedtime and English is not my first language.  If confusion ensues, my apologies)

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Jealousy with Romance mod
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 27, 23:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, this is what the romance does, including support for three-person relationships (alas, the game doesn't allow a poly-marriage, though, but they'll live happily without jealousy if they're all in love with each other). Otherwise, the romance mod generally nixes the jealousy from Romance sims, unless they have the right personality to be hypocritical, and also nixes jealousy unless the Sim being cheated on is in a committed (married/engaged/steady) relationship. It also takes Sim personality into account.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 28, 10:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So then why did my slut get bitch-slapped for flirting with someone else by one of her other crushes? Everyone in my game is still single and there is still a lot of slapping going on.  Would there be a reason this wouldnt be working right?  Does it need to load first, or last or something else (I really don't know how these things work.)

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 28, 11:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It all depends on aspiration as well. Family Sims will get jealous far more easily than Romance.

Was this "other crush" a family Sim? IIR conly family Sims get jealous without a relationship.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 28, 11:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, what aspiration are the other crushes?  It's a little unrealistic to ask for a sim where nobody else gets jealous about anything they do; jealousy tends to work on the part of the party that observes the "cheating" behavior.  If these observing sims are romance/pleasure sims with the right personality, everything should be hunky dory.  Otherwise, jealousy should rear its ugly head.

You'd probably also be wise to look into TJ's casual romance mod if that sort of freewheeling is what you're after.  After all, the woohoo leading to jealousy thing is an artifact of the game system; woohoo in the vanilla game requires love, and jealousy is triggered based on crush/love.  Lower the relationship requirement for woohoo and you can indeed have sims slut it up without attendant feelings coming into play.  (Although be warned.  Woohoo gives a nice boost to both daily and lifetime relationship, and a sim who has enough dalliances with a slut does run the risk of developing enough relationship to fall in love.  You're probably best off looking for something a little broader than the hacks here if you want jealousy to be entirely quashed from all sims, or even just all sims not currently in an established relationship.)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 28, 11:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try TwoJeff's Autonomous Casual Romance. You have lots of options for setting jealousy however you like with that, on a per sim basis.

Unsouper
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 28, 12:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks, I'll try TJ's ACR then - I didn't realise you have the option of setting jealousy with it on a per sim basis.  I was just under the impression that Pescado's romance mod globally killed jealousy for non-committed sims -- I just wanted this confirmed.

And....talking about jealosuy - i just started playing, all my sims are single, and one just got knocked up.  My question is (not sure the game is this sophisticated) Could a male sim realise he's not the father of his partner's baby, and if he does, does this trigger jealousy?  The situation is this:  My pleasure sim got pregnant woohooing with a knowledge sim in a dressing room.  Later, (before she showed symptoms) I had her go out on a date with a crush who is a money sim, (or whatever you call it) They had a dream date, during which it was the first time I saw the surprise proposal option, which I hit out of curiosity.  The guy accepted, which surprised me because he's in love with two other sims.  Anyway, now she's starting to show and all that and he's hanging out with her and he doesn't care.  I also had her call and talk with the sim who knocked her up but that didn't trigger anything.  I guess who fathers who and who knocks up who doesn't really matter in the game regarding relationship dynamics such as jealousy?  She hasn't had her kid yet so I don't know who will show up as the father and I'm wondering if it makes a difference if she has the baby before or after she marries this guy (If I decide to let them get married, I might have them break up.)

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 28, 14:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Based on a family I had back in the base game:  The husband/boyfriend does not care where the baby came from. He loves the mom; he loves the children. The children will have the biological dad listed as their father/family. The children will get the mom's last name regardless of their parentage or her marital state.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 28, 14:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the true father will show up in the family tree as the father (yes they will all know who the real father is but at the same time they don't - because sims don't see their family tree) and the partner won't care, it won't trigger jealousy  Angry

What I do is look at it like this - if the mom is married and then cheats and has someone elses baby and gets caught cheating around that time then her husband/partner "find outs the baby isn't his"  but if he dosen't catch her cheating then - he is clueless and she gets away with it. Sometimes I use InSIM to change who the father is so the husband/partner shows as the dad, to support the idea that "he dosen't know he isn't the dad" 

basicly you have to get creative and use hacks to make your way of playing work for you  Cheesy

Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 28, 16:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering about this baby issue myself.  I have a lesbian couple: one family, one knowledge.  And I ... well, I heard rumors of the "Ugly Reject Baby Orphanage", so I made some random good-looking adults, mixed some genes around with the baby feature, deleted the adults, and then gave the babies a dead-beat father whom I promptly killed off after moving in.  Anyway, the couple has adopted all of those babies, and the family sim still wants more.  If I make her woo-hoo with a male Sim, will her partner think of the resulting baby as hers?  I mean, I'm pretty sure I can get her to *like* the baby, but I want her to think it's hers and then pretend that the woman was artificially inseminated.  My guess is that the resulting baby would show up in the partner's "Household relationships" tab, but not the "Family" tab.  Or am I wrong? 

Or I could go back to my old Create-An-Orphan deal and ignore all this mess, but it really bothers me to watch the toddlers crying as they're neglected while waiting for Dad to die.  I need a faster killing mechanism.  (And, though I haven't been lurking here very long, I feel confident that in this someone can help me.)
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 28, 16:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>support for three-person relationships (alas, the game doesn't allow a poly-marriage, though, but they'll live happily without jealousy if they're all in love with each other).

You can use SimPE so the 3 sims know they're married to each other.  However don't change the neighborhood relationships because when the family picture (for when you click on the lot) is generated, the game will crash. (See picture -- screenshot of the process)

Do not click the engaged checkbox or they'll insist on retaking their vows...

If I make her woo-hoo with a male Sim, will her partner think of the resulting baby as hers?  I mean, I'm pretty sure I can get her to *like* the baby, but I want her to think it's hers and then pretend that the woman was artificially inseminated.  My guess is that the resulting baby would show up in the partner's "Household relationships" tab, but not the "Family" tab.  Or am I wrong? 

Or I could go back to my old Create-An-Orphan deal and ignore all this mess, but it really bothers me to watch the toddlers crying as they're neglected while waiting for Dad to die.  I need a faster killing mechanism.  (And, though I haven't been lurking here very long, I feel confident that in this someone can help me.)

The Tombstone of Life and Death will make a baby with any two Sims as parents.  It will also kill off unwanted Dads.

Before making babies with any method other than CAS, you should use the Lot Debugger and initialized the random number generator.

BTW, I have a Romance Sim who's happily making babies with the Headmaster, the Repairman, and the Mailman.  The "dad" gets along with them better than their mom does!  When they get older, I have them make friends with their biological father via the phonehack.  Note: when your dad is the Headmaster, it's very easy to get into Private School...
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 28, 16:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: miros
Before making babies with any method other than CAS, you should use the Lot Debugger and initialized the random number generator.
Oh, yes.  I learned that lesson already, thanks to my identical triplets born several years apart.  One of whom is half of a set of fraternal twins.  *grumble*

Quote from: miros
The Tombstone of Life and Death will make a baby with any two Sims as parents.  It will also kill off unwanted Dads.
Explain how.  Also, what. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 28, 16:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could look in TwoJeffs forums here and get his 'pregnancy for all/same-sex pregnancy' hack, and your lesbians can use the miracle of modern science to have their own baby. Smiley

As for faster deaths, there are a number of hacks/mods out there that support it.  There's a set of poison potions over on MTS2 (I think by either Christianlov or wintermire) that kill instantly when a sim drinks one. Paladin over on simwardrobe has a number of items that one sim can use to kill another (handy for your serial killers Smiley ).  And there's the Tombstone of L&D, which you can generate by having the testing cheats on, and then shift-clicking on the mailbox.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 28, 16:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or shift-clicking on any adult Sim.  If you do it that way, pop into buy mode and drag the tombstone to a better location.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 28, 17:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>support for three-person relationships (alas, the game doesn't allow a poly-marriage, though, but they'll live happily without jealousy if they're all in love with each other).

You can use SimPE so the 3 sims know they're married to each other.  However don't change the neighborhood relationships because when the family picture (for when you click on the lot) is generated, the game will crash. (See picture -- screenshot of the process)

I'm a mac person and don't do windows - is there another way?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 28, 18:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get syberspunk's adults go steady mod, and make them all go steady with eachother.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: