More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:38:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Move In Fix *EXPERIMENTAL* Updated and Moved
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Move In Fix *EXPERIMENTAL* Updated and Moved  (Read 12096 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Testers Wanted: Move In Fix *EXPERIMENTAL* Updated and Moved
« on: 2006 November 16, 01:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried this out yet, especially since I really don't have a situation where I can test this right now, but I think I may have found the problem. There seems to be a minor typo in the BHAV. I have attached the file. Please test it out and let me know if it works.

Incidentally... when pinhead gets around to updating his moveinall hack, this fix will conflict with that hack.

Oh, and since I haven't/can't really test this out myself, I can't guarantee that it will work. Tongue I'm sort of just working on a hunch. Undecided

Ste

ETA: I'm considering this experimental for now. There is also a bug with the money/assets thing, which I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot. I had thought that I figured out how to fix it, but there seems to be something else strange going on. I've noticed that when I tried to move a sim in, the money that were reported did not match the actual amount that was added to the household. I will have to do further testing and/or wait to see if jase needs to update the move in lottery fix. There have been a couple of reports about the amount thing being broken yet again. I'm going to see if I can determine whether it is related to the same bhavs and include it in the fix (and eventually in the Pets version of pinhead's moveinall hack).

ETA2: This fix has been moved to this thread.

ETA3: This fix is incompatible with the InTeenimater. jase has rolled his fix in together with the Pets version of InTeen. Make sure you have the latest version.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 04, 09:29:55 by syberspunk » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Pets - Move in fix
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 16, 05:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I restored my neighborhood from the copy I had backed up, and I tried having Mortimer marry Brandi and move all of her kids in.  It seems to be working!  Thanks, Syberspunk, you're my hero!  Grin
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 16, 05:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Ste, if this works I may have to bake you cookies and ship them out!! LOL

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 24, 18:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ste, I suggest that you move this fix to Peasantry so people can find it.  Perhaps you can merge it with Pinhead's moveinall hack when you get around to updating it for Pets?  I believe you said you were taking that over for Pinhead.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 25, 00:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pinhead mentioned in the MTS2 thread that he will not be updating his hack but will leave it to Squinge  Roll Eyes

Thaks for the fix anyways.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Move In Fix *EXPERIMENTAL*
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 29, 10:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot this got moved here. I probably should have just edited the first post here, but oh well.

FYI - I'm not aware of any place where pinhead publically stated that he was handing over the move in all mod to Squinge Roll Eyes Either you are mistaken, or it was mentioned as a possibility, but afaik, pinhead actually contacted me directly about taking custody of his hack. I can see how easily it may be to confuse us... well... actually not really. Aside from both of our user names starting with an 'S' I would still think that Syberspunk is different enough from Squinge Roll Eyes <-- as per your reference.

Anyhew... I updated the moveinfix to include another somewhat minor bugfix. For those of you who might notice a discrepency in the value that is reported by the dialog box and the actual amount of money that is added to the current household funds when moving in a townie or downtownie, the new version of the moveinfix should... well... fix it. Tongue

Perhaps someone with the proper rights can merge this thread with the new thread where the new version of the moveinfix hack can be found, as well as updated versions of pinhead's moveinall hack for ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone Cheesy

Thanks. Smiley

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: