More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:19:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The No Pork Chops Eyeshadow?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The No Pork Chops Eyeshadow?  (Read 9519 times)
babylon
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
The No Pork Chops Eyeshadow?
« on: 2005 September 19, 20:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims have not been able to make pork chops for many months.  The Hack Scanner and the Sims2Pack Clean Installer found the "no pork chops hack" but still no succulent piggy options.  While rearranging the DownLoads folder for NightLife,  pork chops reappear!!  After 4 hours of hunting (did I mention that I have a lot of downloads) I found a file that was responsible.  The S2PCI identified it as "eyeshadow". Is this a religious or vegetarian guerilla warfare thing?  Is there anyway to make a new eyeshadow file and accidentally also make pork chops go missing?  Can one make a stealth file then deliberately label it so the S2PCI cannot ID it? Illumination, please.

BTW-I tried this out on the Tech Help section of the BBS and got "re-install" as a non-answer

You broke his damn ankle, Jack.

He shouldna been playing with adults.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: The No Pork Chops Eyeshadow?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 19, 20:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if there is any truth to it but yes, I have read about a custom eyeshadow that for whatever reason does away with the pork chops option. I have no idea why, how it would do it or why anyone make such a thing.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
lauraglenn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 20, 00:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pork chops went away too.  I actually thought it was replaced by 2 items by Maxis - Chicken Fettucini and Baked Chicken.  Dumb me...  Anyhow, doing download clean up I found 2 hacks labeled careers (I think) for the dishes.  I have removed them and installed NL.  Alas, still no pork chops.  Does any one know how to make them reappear?  Without uninstalling the games?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 20, 02:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clean installer is not always the best at identifying the correct type for a custom file. I haven't noticed the porkchop eyeshadow, but when I do notice something I have tried to report it to Phervers, however he is not exactly the most responsive in listening to or fixing the misidentifications.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 20, 05:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, i had the same problem....I actually started a thread at varioussimmers awhile back, and someone pointed me to the exact name of the file which fixed my missing pork chop issue...That thread is no longer there for obvious reasons... Roll Eyes
And it was indeed categorized as eyeshadow!
I have no further information as to the hows or whys this may have happened, however I wanted to lend you a shoulder to cry on and let you know that you are not alone in your pork chop crisis. Wink

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 20, 06:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol  Grin

This thoroughly amuses me. And I vaguely recall reading RabidAngel's thread from way back when, but I never did follow up on it to find out what caused it. I think it's hilarious that it was eyeshadow. Hrm... it's always the thing you least expect. Tongue

Btw, if you could do peeps a favor and maybe post again specifically the following:

Name of the file/package
MD5 #
Description as displayed in S2PCI

And any additional info that could be helpful in identifying this hack so that other peeps could remove it if it happens to them. I'll have to keep a careful, watchful eye out for this. Fortunately, I don't really download custom stuff like makeup and what not.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 20, 08:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curse those Anti-Porkchop Terrorists!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 20, 08:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the eyeshadow hack  once and could't get the pork chops on the menu anymore, the hack was with a house I downloaded since then I check all the houses with Clean installer first.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 20, 12:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you mention it...my pork chops have long been missing as well.  Nice to know the culprit although I can't say I miss the chops much.
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 20, 15:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne had a screenshot with the name of the eyeshadow/veggie hack in the thread "damn alienware hack". But it's not showing up now. Perhaps she still has a copy? You might find a thread about the hack at MTS2.
babylon
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 20, 20:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try looking for this file in downloads.  From a few others, the file seems to jump around so it would be interesting to see if you have it in the same file as I do.  If deliberate, I would like to open a can of whupass on the perpetrators.

name of file is: 4ab2da500cbe9f4d277e2be9f55a9280
"Eyeshadow" no source or author
MD5 listing: 94783C1610B9E54B8945A51B5BA2B450

AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 20, 23:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pork chops went away too.  I actually thought it was replaced by 2 items by Maxis - Chicken Fettucini and Baked Chicken.  Dumb me... 

Maxis released two new food objects? When did this happen?
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 20, 23:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If deliberate, I would like to open a can of whupass on the perpetrators.

I think I'd probably pay to see something like that babylon.  Let me know when the tickets go on sale. Wink

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
lauraglenn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 20, 23:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pork chops went away too.  I actually thought it was replaced by 2 items by Maxis - Chicken Fettucini and Baked Chicken.  Dumb me... 

Maxis released two new food objects? When did this happen?

No, they didn't.  It was just my misunderstanding.  I must have downloaded houses with hacked food objects.  I didn't know where the 2 food items came from until I went through my downloads w/ Clean Installer.  I have since deleted them and am still missing my porkchops.   Sad

Thanks for the name of the eyeshadow, babylon.  I'll look for it.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 21, 01:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that the creator of the no pork chops/eyeshadow was of a religion that frowned on pork products. He found the idea of eating pork so offensive he decided to do what he could to wipe it from as many people's games as possible. I don't remember where I read this, and it could be urban legend, but it makes sense, in a way. I know this doesn't help, but I suppose it could help explain.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 21, 01:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though possibly true that logic makes no sense. Pork chops are not allwed, but killing and adultery is?  Roll Eyes
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 21, 01:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which killing and adultery? Am I an idiot? Did I miss something?

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 21, 01:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I was just pointing out that if one's to be so utterly obsessed about pork chops, one should adhere to the other commandments of the religion as well. (But then, the person is probably not skilled enough to remove the cowplant, nor eliminate romantic interactions for married people.)
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 21, 02:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are people missing applesauce as well?

Grin
babylon
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 21, 11:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes!  So pork chops must be consumed with a side dish of Nanny Karen's famous cherry gelatin. See the new issue of Food Snob for recipes.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: