More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:27:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Yet Another CC Not Showing Post
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yet Another CC Not Showing Post  (Read 8310 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Yet Another CC Not Showing Post
« on: 2006 November 14, 09:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have dozens of the default red shirt/capris/pink pajamas/etc showing up in my catalog, and I can't figure out why. My first thought, of course, was missing meshes, but that makes no sense. Many seem to be Hysterical Paroxysm's medieval dresses, yet the recolors of the GARA's Boutique mesh that was used show up just fine. The mesh is obviously there.

I am also having trouble with blue objects (especially pictures, all EA recolors) although I have to have the mesh since they show up in the catalog...don't I?

Neither SimPE nor clean installer show a thing wrong. CEP is working fine. I'm at my wits' end. Does the game version the modder is using matter, even if the mesh and such is custom content or base game?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Yet Another CC Not Showing Post
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 14, 10:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the clothes work and is it just a thumbnail problem? If so, control-rightclick them in the catalog to force a redraw.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 14, 20:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, can you translate your sig?  I have just enough Latin to recognize that it *is* Latin, but not enough to even guess what it is. Huh
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 14, 20:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't know Latin, you're the village idiot =p
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 14, 20:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

croidure, I had this problem when I installed pets - I think it had something to do with the stupid stages of enabling custom content. The thumbnail refresh tactic worked for me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 14, 22:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

deleting the groups.cache before you play never hurts either.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 14, 23:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CVM LATINE NESCIAS·TV VRBANVS VERO SCVRRA

Ok, now you've got me. I can assume that scvurra, or its second principle part, means "to be an idiot," but just confirm it for me. Neither my book nor the internet seems to know. Gratias ago.
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 15, 01:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, scurra is a noun -- one of those first declension masculines.  Looks like Jordi's opted to leave the verb out of that second half.

scurra, -ae, m. : dandy, man-about-town, jester, buffoon  (from my 1968 Cassell's)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 15, 01:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very interesting. I now have four of those masculine 1st declensions. I was wondering about the verb, but I assumed Jordi knew what he was doing. If I add the linking verb, it would be "es," and then I could omit the "tu." Correct?
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 15, 03:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I. The thumbnails show as the default fugly clothes. When I click on the actual item I achieve a wonderful headless sim effect (not shiny after the first time...)

II. I don't have Pets. I don't even have OfB. Base game, Uni and NL only.

III. I have tried deleting the group cache. Also debugged. Didn't help.

IV. It is depressing to discover that this thread has been hijacked into a discussion of village idiots, mostly because I fear it's applicable.

V. I'm afraid the Latin phrase most apt right now is "Raptus regaliter"...

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 15, 03:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CVM LATINE NESCIAS·TV VRBANVS VERO SCVRRA

Ok, now you've got me. I can assume that scvurra, or its second principle part, means "to be an idiot," but just confirm it for me. Neither my book nor the internet seems to know. Gratias ago.

If you don't know Latin, you're the village idiot =p

Ta Da!  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 15, 06:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people called Romanes, they go the house.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 15, 07:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically the verb is needed but as it is sort of a subclause here (I know it's not the right terminology: I never learned the English terms!), in a phrase like this the verb can be left out. You find numerous examples of these "contractions" in Latin texts.
For example in T. Maccius Plautus' Mostellaria: Grumio accosts Tranio with the following: "Tu urbanus vero scurra, deliciae popli, rus mihi tu obiectas?"

Since "tu" is used here "sum" is implied. Just like 'Urbanus vero scurra sum' implies the tu =p

Croidure: Nescio quid dicas...

As for your clothes problem, if these clothes were created by someone with Pets, they won't work in older expansions. EAMaxis broke Bodyshop.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 15, 07:32:39 by Jordi » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 15, 07:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they show before and are not showing now?  I mean did you lose them after adding an EP, re-organising your folders or something you can put your finger on?

Are they subfoldered? and does it make a difference what order the stuff is loaded in?  Suppose the recolours load before the mesh, do they connect up OK in game?  I've always wondered about stuff like that.  You could take the mesh out of the subfolder and see if it helps - can't hurt.

I've got lots of capri pants myself and can't be bothered to track down what's missing let alone why - probably missing meshes in my case, but it happened around the time I added OFB..... If I was trying, I'd work my way through the help pages on downloads at www.modthesims2.com run CI to check for duplicates,  check back on the site I got them from to see if anything had been reported there and I'd probably check for driver updates too.  I haven't even noticed what exactly I lost - so it's clearly not worth the effort in my case.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 15, 09:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Croidure: Nescio quid dicas...

"Raptus regaliter" means "royally fucked"...

aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 15, 23:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly Jordi.  Surely you mean es is implied, not sum.  I agree, though, it was certainly common practice to leave such things implied.  Heck, you could even leave out the tu if you wanted, since we can get the subject from nescias. 

And actually es is the main verb here; cum latine nescias is the subclause or whatever, stating the circumstance in which you are an idiot.  Not that you're an idiot, but... oh, you know what I mean.

I'd also like to suggest vicanus instead of urbanus.

(Sorry, croidure, I've got nothing to contribute on the actual topic...)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 16, 08:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aqua: yup, lazyness error =p
As for why urbanus: look at the quote.
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 19, 15:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dumb question: how do I reset the thumbnails? Some of them are wrong.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 20, 05:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ctrl-right click on the thumbnails to update them (works in CAS and buy-build catalogs)
Pioupiou
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 20, 15:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ctrl-right click on the thumbnails to update them (works in CAS and buy-build catalogs)

You have to have testing cheats enabled for this to work, I think.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 20, 16:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I delete my thumbnail from my thumbnails folder sometimes, and it always works. (though I back them up as I'm too afraid, just in case a big firey ball comes in) But the game always re-creates them. Smiley
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 20, 17:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can delete Groups.cache, Content.Registry, Logs, Thumbnails, and LotCatalog.  Probably this new accessory.cache as well.   LotCatalog in particular seems to cause a lot of game not starting.   If you are worried about removing something you can just change the name slightly to see if the game recreates it.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: