More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:55:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It's an OT party!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It's an OT party!!!!  (Read 15000 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
It's an OT party!!!!
« on: 2005 September 19, 02:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ready...Set...Go!

ANYTHING![/size]

Tell me about your toe jam if you want to!

There are just so many topics that have diverted from the original post, I thought this would be fun...burninate me if necessary!

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: It's an OT party!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 19, 02:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One time I had this hampster... no wait, it was a rat. And it wasn't mine, it was my roomates. And she fed him beer out of a bottlecap. And it fell down drunk.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 19, 02:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hubby & I (then fiances) had rats in college. Ours loved popcorn and ice cream. I love rats, they have such neat personalities but their lifespan is way too short. We also used to have a cocker spaniel (died of old age 5 years ago) that loved beer.  Tongue
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 19, 02:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a white mouse named Elvis Presley Dunstan.  When I got him, I was 9 and thought he was a gerbil.  He bit me on the finger, and used to knock his wheel over, climb on it, and get out of his aquarium cage.  Then his cedar chips got infested with ants.  I gave him away and got a dog!

Edit:  for cabelle and your avatar:

"Pinky.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Well, yeah, Brain.  But how are we gonna get peanut butter in his ear?"

FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 19, 02:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have a gecko when I was in high school.  I named it Fluffy, just to be facetious.  It ate crickets, so about one every week or two I'd have to go to the pet store and buy a dozen crickets.  My friends used to think I was strange...wait.  No, they still think that.  My bad. Grin

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 19, 02:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind you buyin' crickets, Fated.  And I don't even know you and I think you're strange.  Cheesy

But it must've sucked if one got out.  Remember that Fresh Prince episode?  Chirp-chirp, chirp-chirp, chirp-.....AUGH!

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 19, 02:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to breed rats. For fun, I bred them tward show standards. Yup, there are rat shows, though none ever came to the city I live in, thus the "just for fun" part of it. I fed them really well to, they got a slice of vegetable of the day sprinkled with wheat germ, a rat vitamin to share, a bit of alfalfa, and three rat food pelets, sometimes a scrap of cheese or meat. Per cage. I had a bunch of cages. When I had over 40 pet rats, my grandma made me get rid of them.
What kind of gecko was it? I had a leopard gecko. And a tortise. A fish tank I bred honey gouramis in. Two zebra finches, a cockatiel, three mice, and a cat. All at the time I was breeding rats. My room stank. Now I just have two cats, but I want a bunny rabbit (I've had seven of those in my life).

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 19, 02:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a gourami in my tank right now named Sunburst.  He's probably dead right now.  For the past few days, he's been on the bottom, sideways.  But he always gets upright when I feed him...rest in peace, little guy...well, I think so anyway.  I've had him a year or two.  I suppose that's a good lifespan.

I have a 99 cent algae eater that's been alive for 6 years.  His name is Pirsig.  He's great!

FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 19, 02:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it was a leopard gecko.  I also used to have a box turtle named Shelly.  I was so clever! Grin

The gecko ate the crickets, and the crickets got a slice of potato.  I was quite sad when he died though, I was pretty attached to him.

I also had a cocker spaniel, who died a few years ago, and a really mean, nasty cat.  He was an outdoor cat, and roamed the neighborhood for days at a time.  Unfortunately my parents never got him neutered, so needless to say, he was sort of the Don Juan of the kitty population in my neighborhood.  I think the neighbors were thankful when we finally had to put him to sleep. Cheesy

I don't have any pets at the moment, though. Smiley

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 19, 03:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, let's see, I have a brown head parrot named Mikey, two parrotlets named charlie and T-Lo. I used to have another brown head and a cockatiel named Modem, but they flew away. I would love to have a small dog, like a Yorkie or Tea Cup Maltese. My Maltese Lizzie died in January. Now I am sad.

I don't have toe jam, but I like to jam to "toe the wet sprocket". Wink

Ok, goodnight, John Boy. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
CapN Tokyo
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 19, 03:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a hamster once. It went insane, and escaped into the walls. I had another hamster once. Suddenly, it died.

Lesson learned? Never buy hamsters from Pet Smart.

I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.

From,
    The CapN

(aka, Tokyogirl119)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 19, 04:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any pets... we used to have canaries though - they sung pretty Smiley

My boyfriend has 2 cats though...

<insert witty comment here>
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 19, 05:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm did I kill the party?

<insert witty comment here>
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 19, 06:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a gourami in my tank right now named Sunburst.  He's probably dead right now.  For the past few days, he's been on the bottom, sideways.  But he always gets upright when I feed him...rest in peace, little guy...well, I think so anyway.  I've had him a year or two.  I suppose that's a good lifespan.

I have a 99 cent algae eater that's been alive for 6 years.  His name is Pirsig.  He's great!
I always liked when my fish died and the other fish ate them to the bone. Then their little skeletons would float around in the plants like the back of my tank was some kind of fishy cemetary.
By the way, the pets I listed are by no means the number of pets I've owned. I actually used to work in a petstore, not Petsmart but a mom and pop type. The reason I got the job was because I used to work at a vet, and I also had to list the pets I've owned on the application. I ran out of space and had to fill in half of the back of the paper. And I forgot some of them on the list.
You have no idea how amazing it is that during the last five years all I had was two cats, a fishtank, and at one point a colony of seamonkeys. Until my cat knocked it over. It truely is amazing that I no longer live in a zoo.
So. New subject. I vote that we discuss raving lunatics that we have known. One time I knew this hippie chick and she was heavily Christian. She used to crawl around on her hands and knees asking each and every single ant she found "Do you know where you're going? I know where I'm going. I'm going to Heaven to be with Jesus."
There is a lady who lives downstairs from me. She leaves notes to the general public on her door. Rules. Guidelines. Things along the lines of "There will be no hepatitis behavior in my doorway." What the hell is hepatitis behavior? I've often been tempted to stand in her doorway and yell "I'm exibiting hepatitis behavior!" I never have of course. I do have a heart. It's just unfortunate that I also have a very black, black humor.
No offense to any raving lunatics out there. I have some very close friends with problems of the mental type. Like, medicated and every thing. I love them to death. No one makes me laugh more.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 19, 08:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just have to tell you about my ferret, QT Pi. She died of cancer on 31st May 2004, I'm just about over it enough to talk about her.

Once or twice in a lifetime you get a pet with something extra, I've been lucky enough to have two animals so far that have been true companions. My dog Jodie, a cocker spaniel cross, was awesome, we hitched all over NZ together when I was a little hippie. When I had a magpie as well, the magpie, Edgar of course, would ride on Jodie's collar and peck her head to direct her where he wanted to go. Wink

QT Pi the ferret had a real wicked attitude, she wasn't scared of humans and she'd give anything a go. Real kamikaze little animal. She liked cellphones and wallets in particular, often hiding them round the house. Sometimes when everything was quiet, you could hear a tiny patter of feet as she scurried from one hiding place to the next, moving her stash constantly so we wouldn't find it. One of my son's mates didn't find his cellphone for three weeks.

I could drag a towel around and she'd leap on it and surf, sometimes running up the towel and tumbling down again for the sheer fun of it, other times she'd just hang on and lean into the corners. She'd get in between the duvet and the duvet cover and chase my finger round as I traced patterns on top of the duvet, looked like something out of a horror movie as the ripples moved around under the cotton cover. She was damned good at ankle ambushes too, particularly first thing in the morning. I miss her dreadfully.

And you're not getting away without family pics I'm afraid...

This is QT leaping from couch to couch with a stolen wallet in her mouth. (She wouldn't let go, even if the wallet was held up, she'd just dangle from it).  Grin

This is QT coming in for a landing.

This is her with my two cats.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 19, 09:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We used to have dwarf hamsters.  We had this black one named Trixie and she would bite you every time you stuck your hand in the cage to pick her up.  One time she bit me so hard, that when I yanked my hand out, she was still hanging onto my finger.  She eventually cut loose and went flying across the room.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 19, 09:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

QT is beautiful witch. I'm sorry you lost her.

Of all my pets I've only felt truly comfortable with my latest (look down). However I have had two pairs of gerbils, a hamster, fish and a canary. They were all fantastic in their own right, but I think I was too young to appreciate them for what they were at the time.

While I'm here, I'll share a picture of my kittykat Paws (not responsible for her name). She is most evil and tried to wake me up at 6am by bashing me in the head with her own. Needless to say, she didn't succeed, and when I find her asleep I will be poking her Wink

A proud thread pirate.
Danni
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 19, 09:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a hamster called Hammy (well, he's sorta my daughters, and she can say Hammy). He likes doing the monkey bars on the top of his cage.

I used to have dogs, cats, a rabbit, mice, rats and a budgie. The rats were really clever, as were the mice. They used to get into everything!

I like to be able to read people's posts.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 19, 09:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hamster Angel and both sets of gerbils loved doing monkey bars - I think the only picture I have of the first two has Tinsle doing monkey bars Smiley

A proud thread pirate.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 19, 11:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a guinea pig that I keep in the lounge.  He's very spoiled and loves watching tv!  He has a great personality and can tell the difference between my partner and I walking around the house.  The minute I take one step on the landing he is squeaking for attention.  The lazy thing much prefers me to hold his cucumber and spinach leaves instead of holding them himself.  Oh and he doesn't like men very much and has a habit of growling and head butting them when let out Grin

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 19, 11:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a pet goldfish and it is sooo cool, it is doing this swimming upside down trick right now....oh wait never mind....

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 19, 14:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought FDA was your pet?

A proud thread pirate.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 19, 15:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

witch, you're fucking brave. Ferrets are worse than toddlers. Damn things need ridlin.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 19, 15:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a guinea pig that I keep in the lounge.  He's very spoiled and loves watching tv!  He has a great personality and can tell the difference between my partner and I walking around the house.  The minute I take one step on the landing he is squeaking for attention.  The lazy thing much prefers me to hold his cucumber and spinach leaves instead of holding them himself.  Oh and he doesn't like men very much and has a habit of growling and head butting them when let out Grin

I had no idea that guinea pigs growled.  Shocked Wow! You learn something new every day. Since I've never had a guinea pig I didn't realize they have so much personality. Though I've had people say the same thing to me about rats.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your furry friend Witch. She sounds like she was one of those special "kindred spirits" in a furry body that stays in your heart forever. I will never forget my rat Mollie from college. She loved to sit on my shoulder while I read or watched TV. She'd grind her teeth (a sign of contentment) and groom me by licking my ear or chin. It tickled like you wouldn't believe but both hubby & I tolerated it because it meant she considered us part of her family. I miss her still, it broke my heart when she died of old age at 3. Rats lives are way too short.

I didn't have a chance to respond last night (had to chase the kids back to bed again-mass chaos) but I enjoyed the Pinky quote. I mentioned a few of my favorites in a post in RL I'd found on a fan site. The writers came up with something different and funny each time. Ack! I've got to run the two youngest off to school. Then get in some morning chores so I'll have to be good and stay off the computer for a while.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 19, 15:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought FDA was your pet?

actually I though YOU were my pet Trubble  Wink
Sparrow in the Freezer and all...

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: