More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:30:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lots resetting all the time
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lots resetting all the time  (Read 6036 times)
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Lots resetting all the time
« on: 2006 November 06, 18:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been happening pretty much since I installed Pets (and did not happen before). When I open a lot that I had played previously, there seems to be a 50% or better chance that the lot will be reset -- characters standing around doing nothing with bladder bar half-way and hunger bar some way down, and if they were supposed to be at work they've missed it.

It doesn't seem to reset to a specific time, but I wouldn't swear to that. The latest instance reset to 09:59 (but it may have been the time I'd left it at).

I have updated all the awsome hacks and all of the other hacks that I could find, but I do have a number of hacks installed that are not updated. If necessary, I will remove them all and then test, but because of the nature of the problem this is particularly tedious. So I'm hoping that someone else here knows the problem and ideally has a solution for it...

(I have searched and checked the thread and found nothing post-Pets about it: if i've missed something, do feel free to point me in the right direction.)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Lots resetting all the time
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 06, 20:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely sounds like a hack-related problem.  I'd pull out any you aren't sure have been updated for Pets and see if the problem goes away.  If so, then you'll have to hunt down updates for them, if they exist yet.

Two biggies that haven't been updated yet are the Insimenator, and the Inteenimator.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 07, 03:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did notice that every time I installed a revised version of either macrotastics or ffsdebugger (not sure which), my sims would be reset.  Since Pets, those hacks have been updated a number of times.  Could that have been it?

Mooooo
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 07, 04:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think jsalemi would have a more informed opinion, but I wanted to mention that I added the updated versions of the ffsdebugger and macro last night and so far, so good..

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 07, 10:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still haven't installed Pets, and my lots have been reset a couple of times this month, so it's probably hack related.

A curious effect is that sims end up with better motives than what I left them with Roll Eyes, so the only thing to worry about is ensuring all sims are at home when saving the game.
Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

I have horrible grammar, and a french accent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 07, 10:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The family I played last night was reset. Thought it was because I just had installed the new updated romancemod.

Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 07, 14:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only times I see lot resets, other than installing a new EP/SP, is when I install or update a major mod, like the inteenimator when I used it.  I haven't seen any resets from updating any of the hacks and mods from this site, and I do keep up with the constant changes here.  So I still think it's a hack conflict causing it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 07, 15:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh crap,  I got the same issue,  between the lot resetting every time, and the not being able to move any sims in issue,   I am about ready to remove all of my hacks.    Roll Eyes

Like I could play without hacks, NOT      Wink     
Goldenbow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 07, 16:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Inge Jones reserve bed hack? I usually leave a lot with all sims in their beds, then, after I install any expansion and go back to a lot, the sims are always standing by the side of their beds with motives just about maxed out. I don't have too many hacks installed and I've always wondered if Inge's hack was the one resetting itself (?) after installing an EP. To me it's no big deal, and having, say a father sim, NOT sleeping in his daughter's fairy princess bed, is worth any small inconvenience.That's IF this hack has anything to do with it.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 07, 17:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this reset just happening the first time you go back to a lot/household after installing Pets, or does it keep happening?

After installing Pets, I had pretty much all of my households reset, which meant sims standing around idle with their Needs at "move in" levels. Seemed like it was late night at each of them as well, which meant I had a neighbourhood full of well-rested people who would be getting really tired just in time to go to work/school. The only hacks I'd left installed at the time were noautocongratulate, antiwatchout, and Inge's noautocompgames and no shrub care - can't really see any of those causing people to jump out of bed.

Actually in one household it made everyone jump *through* their beds, meaning everyone just stood up where they were... and since they were all in bed at the time, they ended up standing in the center of their beds, unable to move. Very nice. But several factors led me to uninstall/reinstall the game and all EPs, and I haven't seen a reset since then.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 07, 17:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mine resets everytime. 
They are all standing outside and most of the time and it says, so and so lost a grade because they missed school today, and so and so missed work today and next time it may be their job.   Grin
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 07, 19:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this reset just happening the first time you go back to a lot/household after installing Pets, or does it keep happening?

After installing Pets, I had pretty much all of my households reset, which meant sims standing around idle with their Needs at "move in" levels.

That's common after installing any new EP or SP into an existing game -- all the lots will be reset the first time you play them. It has nothing to do with hacks initially.  It'll still happen even if took all your hacks out first.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 07, 23:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GoldenBow...do you mind explaining how you got a picture of my neighbors!?   Cheesy

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 08, 01:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the sethour #### cheat to avoid the "full motives in the dead of night" thing.  I set the time to 0600 so my sims can take care of their bladder, fun, and social stuff before work or school.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 08, 10:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did notice that every time I installed a revised version of either macrotastics or ffsdebugger (not sure which), my sims would be reset.  Since Pets, those hacks have been updated a number of times.  Could that have been it?

I've had some resets I've written off to this - I don't have Pets, inteen or insim.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 08, 11:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestion about sethour.

To answer some of the other questions, the lots do keep resetting, they didn't just reset once after installing the expansion (which I expected). And I don't have any beds hack.

I am now refraining from updating any hacks, and we'll see if that fixes it -- you never know.

Going away for 3 weeks now though, so I'll probably need to update when I'm back. The experiment may not be possible right now. Oh well, we'll see.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: