More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:23:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  locks on doors and gates not working ...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: locks on doors and gates not working ...  (Read 8713 times)
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
locks on doors and gates not working ...
« on: 2006 October 26, 08:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had problems getting doors and gates to lock, in order to keep pets from using them? My pets seem to ignore locks, and just keep using doors or gates as if they were never locked.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: locks on doors and gates not working ...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 26, 14:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THis was a problem in OFB too.  EVeryone seemed to have a key for every locked door. CUstomers were ransacking my kitchen.  IT was madness!
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 26, 15:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are stopped by them fine- sometimes too fine, in fact.  Roll Eyes I couldn't get a dog to go to work because the front door was locked, even though there were other doors he could go out from.

Usually the only time I've had problems with the locks not working is if the Sim had already set the path to whatever before I locked the door.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 26, 16:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. As soon as an employee comes over to my home business, they head straight for the house's kitchen to eat, though the doors are all set to "family only". I generally pick up the employee with move objects and plop them in the business, and then they don't wander so much.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 26, 16:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think customers & employees walking past lock doors as soon as they come unto a lot has something to do with the "move away from portal" code. Sometimes the make a long trek including walking through lock doors to do this, other times the lock doors will keep them out.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 26, 17:04:59 by PlayLives » Logged
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 26, 16:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal experience has had illegal users ignoring locks, but only when they're either leaving the lot or they've already set their paths before the door was locked.  Users intending to actually use an object behind a locked door don't even show the blocked route thought bubbles.  Although I have had problems on home business lots playing the "come here" shuffle when I unlocked a door for a guest.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 26, 17:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had problems getting doors and gates to lock, in order to keep pets from using them?

I thought I had a problem until I realized that the door/gate has to be locked before the pet goes through it.  In other words, if the dog/cat is outdoors, I have to wait until the critter returns before the lock to disallow pets will work.

On the other hand, the door leading from the garage to the LR of a residence which contains a home business, and which was locked during OFB play prior to installing EP4, also kept out two Siamese cats which had just been purchased from a downtown pet store until I unlocked it. 

weiwuwei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 26, 17:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I found was that if you have a fenced back yard (realistic, right?) and you let the pets in the house, but lock the doors that would lead to escaping (ie: not the back door to the yard, but lock the front, the gates out, etc) the dogs, at least, won't use the unlocked back door to piss outside, even if they're trained too.  They go stand in front of the front door, get the "duh, the door's locked" bubble above them and piss on the floor.  Plus, wolves just don't care what the hell you do to the door---they're coming in.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 27, 12:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, in other words, locked doors are a gimic, but they don't really work. Nice job, Macis/EA Games.  Roll Eyes

Well, maybe some modder out there can figure out a way to do it right. I hope. I really would like a fenced in yard to keep a pet in and the wolves out. Sigh.

Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 27, 12:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well...you could always use JMP's Authorized Personnel Only, in the Firing Range.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 27, 14:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it solve the "I can't use this door, so I can't go outside to relieve myself, using any other door" phenomena mentioned in an earlier post?

Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 27, 14:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it should. I dont know as i havent played the sims in a while.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 27, 14:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What!?!?!?!?! Shocked

Fish Dude, you're guessing? You mean you are acting like you are giving advice, but really just guessing?

Ummmm ...  Roll Eyes

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 27, 15:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, if you don't want help, we'll just leave you alone.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 27, 16:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, if you don't want help, we'll just leave you alone.

Generally, although it may not necessarily apply to this forum, one assumes that if someone offers help, they actually have help to offer.  ;-)

That being said, don't get your knickers in a twist. Other than when new expansions come out, I don't post here all that often ....

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 27, 16:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one assumes that if someone offers help, they actually have help to offer.

Very valid assumption on your part, Amjoie.

I had the same reaction: why suggest a hack if you have no idea what it does?

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 31, 05:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I found was that if you have a fenced back yard (realistic, right?) and you let the pets in the house, but lock the doors that would lead to escaping (ie: not the back door to the yard, but lock the front, the gates out, etc) the dogs, at least, won't use the unlocked back door to piss outside, even if they're trained too.  They go stand in front of the front door, get the "duh, the door's locked" bubble above them and piss on the floor.  Plus, wolves just don't care what the hell you do to the door---they're coming in.

I have a fence with a locked gate at the front of my catlady's lot (the sides and back remain unfenced until she makes some money), and it keeps the wolves out just fine. They'll stand on the sidewalk for hours until she shoos them away, but they never enter the yard.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 31, 05:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, in other words, locked doors are a gimic, but they don't really work. Nice job, Macis/EA Games.  Roll Eyes

Well, maybe some modder out there can figure out a way to do it right. I hope. I really would like a fenced in yard to keep a pet in and the wolves out. Sigh.
Authorized Personnel Only's newest incarnation includes "Deny Animals". Unlike Maxian doors, APO does not grant exceptions for sims that have decided to flag themselves "leaving". No means no. Once you lock that sucker, it stays locked. The same caveat to doors having to be locked before the sim starts to move through applies, but "No Animals" means no animals. Including wolves.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 02, 02:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 02, 07:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure why you guys have a problem with door locks in OFB when I don't.  I don't have Pets.  Mine work fine in OFB though.   Employees and visitors can't get to the fridge or private bathroom.  Locked doors also keep out headmasters - found that out the hard way!  On the other hand I have had sims walk straight through a locked area on their way somewhere else.

I was carefull to take out all the hacked lockable doors before I installed OFB in case of conflict.  Is it a problem in a vanilla game?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 04, 02:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had a problem with locked EA doors & gates with OFB, haven't tried them since installing Pets.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 04, 02:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have a problem with them either, as long as I make sure to have everything locked ahead of time. If you try to lock a door after you open the business, for instance, it becomes a real headache because the Sims decide mid-transport, I swear, to go do something behind a locked door, so then they walk right through it.

My only problem now is that my favorite CC gates aren't compatible with even OFB, let alone Pets, and can't be locked at all.  Undecided

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 04, 09:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't they work with Pescado's authorizythingy hack?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: