More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:16:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Recreate The Sims 1 in The Sims 2?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Recreate The Sims 1 in The Sims 2?  (Read 8581 times)
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Recreate The Sims 1 in The Sims 2?
« on: 2006 October 27, 02:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in the process of recreating the Sims 1 for Sims 2.  I've downloaded all the Sims 1 stuff from Mod The Sims and the family/houses from Sim Estates 2.  But I was wondering if there are any other sites that offer Sims 1 recreations for Sims 2.

Thanks in advance for any help Smiley

Kralore
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: Recreate The Sims 1 in The Sims 2?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 27, 02:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooh ok this doesn't help you, but if you redo claire charmings house can you please post it here thanks!

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 27, 02:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooh ok this doesn't help you, but if you redo claire charmings house can you please post it here thanks!

If you go to this member page at Mod The Sims 2, http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=116631

"Melly_Sim" has done excellent recreations of all the houses from Sims 1 Original, Hot Date, Unleashed, and had just started work on Vacation lots.  Smiley

At Sim Estates 2, Family Page http://simestates2.planetthesims.gamespy.com/families.htm  You will find all the families from Sims 1 and the houses they lived in recreated.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 27, 03:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your a gem Smiley

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 27, 04:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you can stand to sift through it, there used to be some TS1 recreation stuff up on the exchange. Don't know if it's still there or not, I haven't looked in a very long time.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 27, 06:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you ever manage to finish this project, I'd be interested in obtaining the completed, populated neighborhood.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
DCNBrett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 27, 12:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a completely finished Sims 1 neighborhood that I would be more than happy to share with anyone that wants it.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 27, 19:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you ever manage to finish this project, I'd be interested in obtaining the completed, populated neighborhood.

I have actually been considering getting in touch with the people that have done the current sims 1 recreations, and getting them together and maybe turning this into an "Unofficial Expansion".   I'm going to be doing this for myself either way, but i'm going to be going further then just putting down the houses in a neighborhood.  What i'm hoping to do is duplicate it as close as possible.  Recreating the sim families that were in sims 1 (personality. looks, etc.)  I'll be taking Melly_sims current lots and updating them using all the expansions we have now. With Pets out now there is alot of stuff that can be used now.  Families like the cat lady can have her cats and dogs.   Nightlife and Open for Business neighborhoods can be used for old town, downtown etc.  I also have SimCity 4 so i'm thinking of creating new neighborhood terrains as well.  With the addition of some custom content I figure at this point I could get about 95% accuracy.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 27, 23:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DeathKat has been recreating Sims1 walls here if that helps
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 28, 03:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DeathKat has been recreating Sims1 walls here if that helps

I've come across that link several times now, but everytime I try it I can't get into it.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 28, 04:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TazzianaLuck has recreated many of the wallpapers & floors from Sims1, this is just one of her sets of wallpapers-
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=68440&asset_type=lot&user_id=610328
Sithaiixyl has made Sims2 versions of the houses, including the Unleashed & Makin Magic homes-
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=155854&nstart=1&asset_type=lot
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 28, 06:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kralore - can you access the main part of the site?  http://www.simthing.net/
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 28, 07:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There has been a few threads about Sims1 for Sims2..I quickly did a search and found this one.. there was quite a few links that may help you....
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2753.0.html

Just remember...necromancy is bad, mmmkay??

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 28, 12:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to say - you can turn a 'hood into an alternative to Bluewater if you want to.  That way you can add it to an existing hood and have the sims1 characters interract with sims in the hood you normally play.    The link in my siggy takes you to my alternative to Bluewater and that links to the "how to do it" page.  It wasn't difficult to do once we figured out how!  though you do need to know your way round complete, but safe file cleaning in simPe.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
DCNBrett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 29, 07:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 1 for Sims 2 neighborhood I created is a hood I created with subhoods attached. I created it almost two years ago using SimCity4. I attached Sim State University for the Uni hood. I created the Downtown terrain with SimCity4. I used the Bluewater village empty terrain to create the hood from Bustin' Out. I'm not very knowledgeable about SimPE, but my hood hasn't exploded so far.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 29, 07:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds fun as it is!   If anyone wants to make a hood that could be attached as a sub-hood, don't add any subhoods to it and start with an empty hood.  By empty - ideally having done deleteallcharacters AND cleaned out in SimPEl  tuturials for that are on the site.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: