More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:57:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Toddlers' throw up fear
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Toddlers' throw up fear  (Read 9465 times)
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Toddlers' throw up fear
« on: 2006 October 22, 12:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It buggered me from the start, but I've just seen little Kiara puking after eating from a dog bowl and I have enough.

My toddlers often roll a fear of throwing up, but it never gets fulfilled! What's a point of preventing them to drink from spoiled bottles if there's no penalty? Did someone noticed that or is it only my game? It's not a hack conflict, 'cause the same is happening (or rather not happening) with all mods removed. It was in base game and every EP installed.

Could someone do a fix to that? Pleeaaase...

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Toddlers' throw up fear
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 22, 13:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the same thing with the "get fit" want. No matter how long my sims spend excercising the want never gets fulfilled. I just do it manually by ctrl-clicking it in debug mode.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 22, 13:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me get fit and get fat are fulfilled. Are you sure you're waiting for them to actually transition?
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 22, 13:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm 100% sure. Must be a hack conclict on my side, probably something's clashing with my selfwork-out hack (or whatever it's called).

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 23, 00:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm I didn't even know toddlers could throw up heh 

My get fit want is always fulfilled as well.

I've always wondered about the toddler's see ghost fear...I've never actually had a toddler see a ghost that I know of so I don't see the point of the fear.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 23, 00:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't forget the "throw a party" fear. I guess they probably just couldn't think of things the spawnlings would find scary, so they threw in a bunch of random, unfulfillable ones.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 23, 01:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually noticed for the first time today the toddler getting an aspiration hit from throwing up after drinking from a spoiled bottle. I don't usually pay a ton of attention to the toddlers, but in this house he was an only child so there wasn't much else going on. Definitely a -500 asp. but he gained it back pretty quickly. He also noticed a fire earlier and got an aspiration hit from that too, which sometimes they won't even notice if they're playing (I canceled out the toy to see if he even would notice). This is with OFB so...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 23, 01:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddler fears are pretty much irrelevant, since there's really nothing you can do about the important ones one way or another. I frequently come back to a lot to find that a previously platinum toddler is now suddenly fully red for no particularly obvious reason.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 23, 02:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the "throw up" fear is annoying. I've frequently had my toddlers throw up, the hygiene tumbles down...but the fear remains in the tray with no aspiration hit. And they get full even on the spoiled  milk.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 24, 23:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddler fears are pretty much irrelevant, since there's really nothing you can do about the important ones one way or another. I frequently come back to a lot to find that a previously platinum toddler is now suddenly fully red for no particularly obvious reason.

When I've noticed that, I think it's because they had the Relative Dies fear which got fulfilled. It seems to be the largest-hitting one that toddlers can get. I almost want that to happen more since I've had maybe one or two Sims ever transition badly... need more chaos, dangit!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 25, 00:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it's so annoying that they take the asp hit for some relative they've never even met, while the rest of the family is perfectly unperturbed by it.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 25, 00:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it's so annoying that they take the asp hit for some relative they've never even met, while the rest of the family is perfectly unperturbed by it.

Yeah... I guess, like someone said earlier, they had to think of -something- for them to want/fear. I wish there really was more to the toddlers and babies than there is now, even if it is a short timespan. I don't exactly like rushing the Sims through any age group, but it's seriously unrealistic when they can leave a baby in a crib for that long and barely touch it, or having this completely self-sufficient toddler (depending on what hacks and objects you have, heh).

It's at the point where I was playing recently and the parents wanted to play with the kid constantly, it was noticeable compared to other families and thus I have a "personality" for that family that's different now in the story of my neighborhood. If that makes any sense. I've been playing the same neighborhood since the base game first arrived, and by now if -anything- happens contrary to the way I expect it to, I'm thrilled. I remember when I first started playing and had so much trouble with my first set of twins - now all these hacks have streamlined things a great deal, but they've also removed a lot of the chaos, and sometimes I miss it. Oh well, going off on a tangent, oops...
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 26, 12:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't forget the "throw a party" fear. I guess they probably just couldn't think of things the spawnlings would find scary, so they threw in a bunch of random, unfulfillable ones.
Of course toddlers can't throw parties by themselves, but those fears are fulfilled if another family member throws one. At least this happens in my game ...  Huh
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 26, 14:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its 'have a birthday party' fear in my game, which is funny since both parents will be wanting to throw a b-day party but jr has a mortal fear of having one - I figure it must be all those balloons or something shy children would spawn.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 26, 15:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, speaking of toddlers' fears - in Pets do they have any regarding the animals? I.e., when I was a kid, I was afraid of dogs, and I was afraid of cats (when I was sleeping!) because I didn't have any pets until I was a teenager. Or is it the usual "fear that Rover won't play fetch with me" type stuff? Tongue
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 26, 20:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, good point. That would be realistic, but I haven't seen it. Adults get the fear of seeing the wolf.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 26, 22:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course toddlers can't throw parties by themselves, but those fears are fulfilled if another family member throws one. At least this happens in my game ...  Huh

Really? Cool. I guess I never actually paid attention to it. So the fear isn't useless, it just has misleading text.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 26, 23:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had toddlers throw up after drinking from a spoiled milk bottle.  It's not a big fear, though.  The fear of a relative dying is a huge fear, and I had problems for a while with toddlers in the neighborhood being in aspiration failure when I entered their lots because I had several elders die.  I also have seen the fear of parties get fulfilled when the parents threw a birthday party for them, but it's a small fear too, and a couple of snuggles and tickles before they blow out the candles, and they are good again.  The one I think is funny is when a parent, particularly popularity sims, have a fear of their infant rejecting them for playing with them.  Cheesy  Like, how would that happen?
Nick
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 26, 23:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, i've never had a toddler throw up, and i've played the game for two years. I've had tons of babies throw up, but never once did a toddler throw up. I thought it was strange after a while. I've had a few toddlers have that fear, and many adults, but toddlers have never thrown up for me. Maybe i'm just lucky Grin

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 27, 00:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that adults and teens will get those types of fears mostly when they are sick.
Nick
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 27, 00:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the women who are pregnant in my game have a fear of throwing up, and sometimes I have some teens that have food poisoning that get that fear. When the women are pregnant, its mostly if they're a romance aspiration.

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 27, 00:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, pregnant sims will get a fear of throwing up, having an accident, or passing out, even if they don't have morning sickness once they get their first bump.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 27, 06:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one I think is funny is when a parent, particularly popularity sims, have a fear of their infant rejecting them for playing with them.  Cheesy  Like, how would that happen?

If the throwing up on parent could be counted as rejecting and thus fulfilling the fear, it would be quite funny.  Cheesy
I guess the rolling of wants and fears doesn't check age of target Sim, because once I had a mother fearing death of her newborn, and as we all know, infants are perfectly immortal (it was so cute and realistic, so I wish they aren't  Tongue)

Funny, i've never had a toddler throw up, and i've played the game for two years. I've had tons of babies throw up, but never once did a toddler throw up. I thought it was strange after a while. I've had a few toddlers have that fear, and many adults, but toddlers have never thrown up for me. Maybe i'm just lucky Grin

Have you ever seen them drinking from spoiled bottles? They always throw up after that (and immediately smile as if nothing happened). Maybe you have Inge's bottomless bottle or another hack which takes care of bottles lying around before they go bad?

Oh yes, pregnant sims will get a fear of throwing up, having an accident, or passing out, even if they don't have morning sickness once they get their first bump.

From my experience, they never fear throwing up before getting the first bump, unless they are sick - an utterly nonsense for me. Maybe there's nothing that could trigger a chance of rolling that fear earlier, and since wants and fears are hardcoded, it can't be made a bit more sensible.  Undecided

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 28, 04:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My toddlers throw up a lot. Only once from spoiled milk, but my toddlers get air sick a lot. Of course, that's nothing compared to a relative's death. A toddler will be crying about that for hours after the rest of the family has completely forgotten about it.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 28, 10:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you ever seen them drinking from spoiled bottles? They always throw up after that (and immediately smile as if nothing happened). Maybe you have Inge's bottomless bottle or another hack which takes care of bottles lying around before they go bad?

My niece's baby had such bad gas problems that he felt better after throwing up, so he'd barf then get this big happy smile and laugh.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: