More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:58:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets won't eat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets won't eat  (Read 6260 times)
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Pets won't eat
« on: 2006 October 22, 04:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved the Crittur family in with the Broke family when I reinstalled my game.  I went to play them tonight, and the dogs are starving.  I have one of each of the pet dishes with food in it.  I even cleaned the bowls and refilled them with food.  They just won't eat, although they're begging the sims to feed them.  I'm afraid that they'll be taken away before I figure out what's wrong.

I had the "approved" FFS hacks in place, but removed them to see if it made a difference.  Nope.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Pets won't eat
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 22, 04:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're stupid. Did you try clicking on the full bowl and calling the pet to eat? Also, they dump their eat queue if another pet is using the bowl, EVEN IF there is an identical bowl right next to it.

Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 22, 04:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the boolprop ControlPets on cheat. Then select your pets and tell them to eat from their bowls.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 22, 04:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved the Crittur family in with the Broke family when I reinstalled my game.  I went to play them tonight, and the dogs are starving.  I have one of each of the pet dishes with food in it.  I even cleaned the bowls and refilled them with food.  They just won't eat, although they're begging the sims to feed them.  I'm afraid that they'll be taken away before I figure out what's wrong.
The Critturs are apparently not willing to eat dog food. Give them real food instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 22, 05:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snort*  Guess it doesn't work like real life.  I have a finicky dog, and I *will* not coddle him.  If he doesn't eat his food, he doesn't eat.  Eventually he gives in and concedes that dog food, while lacking appeal, is indeed edible.

No matter which bowl I choose, it will not let me call them to eat. (I can invite strays to eat, however...)

I'll try the boolprop, or offering them people food, then scolding them if they eat it.
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 22, 05:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have a learned behavior to eat sim food and trash you can correct that behavior and have them eat pet food, but since they are trained NOT to eat pet food they will starve before doing so.  Just put a plate of food on the floor when they come eat scold them for eating sim food, eventually they will try the pet food at which point praise them for doing so.  Pretty soon they stop begging for scraps and will eat what is given to them.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 22, 07:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spawn the Behavior Object, then make them controllable and then select the object and the eat pet food, and when it pops up, set it to the far positive end instead of the far negative.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 22, 07:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spawn the Behavior Object

How?  I was looking for something like this yesterday and didn't see it.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 22, 07:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To spawn the Behavior Object, first activate Debug mode and look for that object in the "Spawn..." submenu.
It looks like one of the birds available for the birdcage, I just don't know the name. Smiley
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 22, 08:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mmm I think its a bug

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 22, 08:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have access to my game right now (parents sleeping in the office...errr guest suite  Cheesy) but I think it's honestly labelled something like Behavior Object. You'll be given two choices- Learn command or Set level. Pick Set Level, and then go to the one that's about Pet food.

Here's a screenshot I made for someone else last week, for what it looks like. On her game, apparently it was coming up invisible.  In mine, I think it looks like a Stuffed Pigeon

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 22, 10:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the boolprop ControlPets on cheat. Then select your pets and tell them to eat from their bowls.

i've selected the pet but i havent menu.. and i can do nothing Sad
would be fun to controll the pets.. i suppose
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 22, 10:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can. I got my Crittur family out of a similar scrape using BoolProp controlpets on (typed it exactly like that, btw).

Of course, then the dog in question got into the 'too tired to eat, too hungry to sleep' loop, so I had to keep waking him up to get him to eat from the bowl...
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 22, 16:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If an animal is too dumb to eat, let it die or put it down.

If a pixel animal on your computer is too dumb to eat, TORMENT IT TO DEATH!!!!!

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 23, 11:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah i boolpropped so that these stupid dogs would eat
in the first version i was getting the sim to cook for them....ffs i wouldn't be doing that irl...but got pissed off with all that malarkey
so the dog warden sim took all the animals away due to those 2 fools
so i exited without saving, boolpropped and all is hunky dory with them now
well apart from the pissing on the carpets and the wrecking of the furniture and the flinging around of a visiting cat during a fight..hehe that was funny and i'm a cat lover
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 23, 11:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should see how my dog reacts to real food. If I toss a chunk of meat in the air, even when he's not even in the room, he will *RUN* into the room, leap into the air, and chomp it out of the sky. That meat will not hit the ground if it is at all physically possible for him to get there. He doesn't even have to *SEE* the toss, he can be in the next room and STILL catch it. It's like he has a psychic sense of knowing when to be there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 23, 17:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

confess it J.M. !!!
your pet is the Trogdor  Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: