More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:23:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Werewolves grrr / Made fix, download at your own risks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Werewolves grrr / Made fix, download at your own risks  (Read 25924 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Werewolves grrr / Made fix, download at your own risks
« on: 2006 October 20, 10:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sim is using a custom skintone he won't have fur when turning to werewolf, because the face paint is skin color dependant... (you have one for S1, one for S2 etc....)
Stupid hairless werewolf.....
Pioupiou
« Last Edit: 2006 October 22, 16:15:26 by pioupiou » Logged
travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Werewolves grrr
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 20, 11:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that apply to all the custom skintones? Including the ones that are tweaked to be DNA appropriate (Damn - what's the right phrase)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 20, 11:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that apply to all the custom skintones? Including the ones that are tweaked to be DNA appropriate (Damn - what's the right phrase)
Probably. Custom skintones will probably need to have a "hirsute" texture in order to work, sort of like the fat/fit texture.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 20, 12:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Intriguing... Do the property sets of the facepaints have the skintone value other than zero?
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 20, 12:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Intriguing... Do the property sets of the facepaints have the skintone value other than zero?
yes I think, I have not tried to find them and look at them in simpe, but they appear only for the corresponding skintone (in the same way the alien eye only appear for the alien skintone (even in debug CAS) and some light blush only appear for the lightest skintone.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 20, 13:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might try to override the property set then, setting the skintone value to zero and see if the face mask appears for other skintones.

I don't have Pets yet, but it's a bit disappointing to know that werewolf characterization is made with face masks instead of meshed beards Tongue
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 20, 14:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not take a look yet (too busy playing....) but it might cause problem because (I suppose) the mask includes some parts of skin and thus would look strange on some skintones (not sure if I'm clear, my english is not cooperating today, too much kitten and puppy I think  Wink).
I'd better fool the game into seeing my custom skintones as S1, S2 etc accordingly to their tones, but I don't know that could be done.
Pioupiou
« Last Edit: 2006 October 20, 16:54:31 by pioupiou » Logged
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 20, 14:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some weird occurrences with Werewolves in a brief Pets testing, especially applying vampirism to the mixture.

Apart from a wide-selection of boolProp testing cheat menu options not working or falling flat, my created Werepire later got stuck with the skin tone during early-hour transformation and even after taking the cures - with or without fangs, cape and garlic-abhorrence.

Oddly enough the NL Gypsy sells the new cure when the game information tips state the Obedience Trainer is the wholesale market to buy cures to supernatural moonlight strolls. Competition? Price check!
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 20, 14:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did see in the Prima guide, that if you also have NL installed the gypsy will also sell the Lycanthropy potion.
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 20, 23:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this happening to default custom skin tones as well? If so.. well damn, that sucks.

~~ Larxene
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 20, 23:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think default replacement skins would go with the maxis default werewolf stuff...  maybe?
Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 20, 23:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think default replacement skins would go with the maxis default werewolf stuff...  maybe?

What I'm really, really, really hoping for.  Oh, well.  Time to go change Simmie's skintone and cross my fingers!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 21, 01:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about in-game custom skin tones like alien, Bodyshop model, and zombie? Do they get hair?
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 21, 05:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:::: sighs :::: It figures. I'm glad I saw this. Most of my Sims have custom skins too. I would like a werewolf, just to see what it's like, but I probably wont even bother unless someone comes out with something to fix it.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 21, 05:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't confirm this myself yet but I've heard that if the custom skin is being used as a replacement default, it WILL have the hair.

Still.. sucks that non-default skin tones are bald.

~~ Larxene
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 21, 06:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know for sure for the moment (become friend with the darn wolf is not always easy when it shows up when my sims is currently being abducted by aliens ... talk about bad luck !!) but I think default replacement should work (it's only a texture replacement), for the game, the sim has the dna of S1, S2 etc....
I'll take a look in debug CAS to see if the werewolf mask exist for alien and zombie (don't think it will for mannequin...)
Pioupiou

ETA : there is a mask for the alien skintone but not for the zombie one.

ETA 2 : by the way I found stupid that my knowledge sim who wanted very bad to become a werewolf has a RED memory of it !!! On the other hand I found right that the same knowledge sim has a red memory of being cured. These 2 memories are also not working properly as they display a window instead of my sim...
« Last Edit: 2006 October 21, 10:22:13 by pioupiou » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 21, 09:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA 2 : by the way I found stupid that my knowledge sim who wanted very bad to become a werewolf has a RED memory of it !!! On the other hand I found right that the same knowledge sim has a red memory of being cured. These 2 memories are also not working properly has they display a window instead of my sim...
Judging from the text, where the sim "thinks it's pretty cool", becoming a werewolf should be green, and the sense of disappointment inherent in the "not a werewolf anymore" text suggests it should be red.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 21, 10:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree. Can you do something for it ?
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 21, 13:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having problems with the memories/aspirations of one of my knowledge teens.  He has the wants "play with Balin" (a wolf) and the fear "see a wolf" - and it keeps coming up.  So everytime his wolfie friend comes over, he is promptly terrified and his aspiration bar takes a mighty hit, then he runs out to play with the damn thing and it fills up a bit.  (But never enough to get him back into the gold where I try to keep him.)

*sigh*
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 21, 16:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guide says that EVERYONE, no matter the relationship with the were will be "uncomfortable" seeing the transformation, and when they howl. Try keeping him from howling at his friends. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 21, 18:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no transformation in this case.  The knowledge teen isn't a werewolf, and the wolf in question is just a wolf (not the Leader of the Pack).  Do the wolves transform, too?  I've never seen it.

But thanks for the info.  I'll keep my new werewolf from howling at his friends and family.  His wife has the want to hear him howl, so I'll try that and see if she freaks.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 21, 18:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see. Read the post wrong then. No, wolves don't transform. =p

According the guide, non werewolf sims who hear a werewolf sim howl will take a hit to comfort and their bladder and there is a small chance they might piss themselves.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Werewolves grrr / Made fix, download at your own risks
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 30, 06:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i havent done a transformation in the game yet, but the pets manual (the extra one) shows the manwolf form.  i dont know why its turning out so complex with the skin tones and everything,  one werewolf mask should work for everyone.   but then i couldnt really see if there was fur on knuckles or what...     

for the other questions you can be nibbled by the master wolf to become a werewolf, or be savaged by another werewolf.   being savaged pisses you off big time at the person, so its not really something to do to change your desired mate to a werewolf too.  i cant remember were on mts2, but there is a 'turn me into a werewolf' hack already.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 30, 06:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Monique transformer will generate the corrupted window memories, though.

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 30, 06:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

corrupted window?   okay i guesss i need to read a lot more entries then.   yeah, monique was the one i saw.   i remember now.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: