More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 22:50:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sick of razzle!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sick of razzle!  (Read 31657 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Sick of razzle!
« on: 2006 October 20, 03:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God damn, I wish those @#$%! sims would stop playing razzle obsessively with the $%^&#! animals.

Ugh, every new expansion seems to introduce some new behavior they become compulsive over.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Sick of razzle!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 20, 03:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww, I don't have pets yet!

What's razzle? Is it like RPS for animals?  Wink

*inquiring minds want to know!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 20, 04:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's some stupid game they play with the dogs. Not sure if they do it with cats since I don't have any yet.

It looks more like they are teasing the dog though. And it seems to last until you cancel it or at least I've not had enough patience so far to wait for them to get done naturally if they do.  Tongue

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 20, 04:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With cats and puppies, they are obsessive over the finger wiggle or tossing it.  Roll Eyes

If I tossed my cat like that, I doubt I'd have much of a face left.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 20, 04:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, tossing the cat is like tossing a toddler in the air?

Who in their right mind would do that with a real cat?  Huh

Stupid Maxis EA!  Roll Eyes

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 20, 04:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

add nopetharrassment to the list.  "leave the friggen thing alone, geez. " Roll Eyes

There is lots of potential with this expansion though. Once all the mods, etc. get straightened out, I'm sure we will be seeing some creative stuff. Gift giving seems possible now as you can give a pet as a gift, and I wonder if the scold interaction can be applied to sims to discourage behavior (jumping on beds).
« Last Edit: 2006 October 20, 14:12:49 by PlayLives » Logged
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 20, 04:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

add nopetharrassment to the list.  "leave the friggen thing along, geez. " Roll Eyes

There is lots of potential with this expansion though. Once all the mods, etc. get straightened out, I'm sure we will be seeing some creative stuff. Gift giving seems possible now as you can give a pet as a gift, and I wonder if the scold interaction can be applied to sims to discourage behavior (jumping on beds).

Really? All I have seen is sell pet to, you can give it away? I set a falcon free hoping it would go hang out in the trees as some of the tree coding once suggested (something about bird noises in trees or something I dont really recall all the details now)...no such luck, Don waved bye bye at the cage and the disappeared. pfft that was no fun.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 20, 04:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMGZ, I want petz!!11!!  Tongue

Seriously though, I *am* a bit peeved that this is the only expansion I've had to wait more than three days or so to get after official U.S. release.

We in Oz can't get it till the 26th of this month and I really don't know why there is such a delay this time around?!

On a good note though, (hopefully) most of the bugs will be ironed out by the time I buy it and install.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 20, 04:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's worse is that they completely ignore their infant's needs to go and bother fido. It is getting rather tiresome.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 20, 04:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed eccessive razzling yet but what really annoys me is that they constantly play with the bird autonomously which is annoying enough and then leave the cage door open  Angry
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 20, 08:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

razzle is driving me nuts and my copy of pets just arrived today from EA. on the bright side however  I have not experienced a single bug yet  Shocked pets is working perfectly my carpool s including those for the dogs have arrived correctly and brought rover home at the appointed time properly.I am stunned that the major errors are missing this time around for me

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 20, 09:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's worse is that they completely ignore their infant's needs to go and bother fido. It is getting rather tiresome.
They're supposed to ignore the baby needs. That's what No Baby Harassment is abot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 20, 09:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

razzle is driving me nuts and my copy of pets just arrived today from EA. on the bright side however  I have not experienced a single bug yet  Shocked pets is working perfectly my carpool s including those for the dogs have arrived correctly and brought rover home at the appointed time properly.I am stunned that the major errors are missing this time around for me

Well that's gotta be the dumbest statement ever made.  Don't you know saying things like that is the #1 cause of nuclear disastor??
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 20, 10:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I had a bird for about 1 Sim day today. OMFG, that was annoying.  No more birds for my Sims, they can buy the cage, if they insist, but it will remain unstocked until there's some kind of hack.

By this point in the other EPs, there were  huge glaringly obvious bugs.  This time around, if you can manage to get it installed, there doesn't seem to be anything game-stopping. I haven't even heard of too many minor bugs- the ones talked about here on MATY were by people who left in some hacks, and it seems like the bugs vanished when they removed them.  It's like some kind of miracle!

I do believe that maybe they did really hire those play testers!

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 20, 10:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but wouldn't the hypothetical playtesters notice those annoyances?  Huh
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 20, 13:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wouldn't the hypothetical playtesters notice those annoyances?

What may be annoying to one person isn't necessarily annoying to another.  Also, I've often wondered if playing style has some effect as Sims actions/reactions I've read about here have never happened in my game.

I picked up EP4 and installed it last night; installation went quite smoothly and I've had no glitches during the short time I had to explore before bedtime.  I did notice that the load time is longer, even with two gigs of RAM, with and without the downloads folder in.

I sent Mikey Bisgrove off to buy some clothing in Pleasanview where he met a black cat (who was destroying a chair) and instantly developed a -10 relationship because he scolded it.  Guess he's not a cat person...

Anyway, it looks like fun and I plan to waste away the entire weekend playing instead of doing responsible things.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 20, 13:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I picked up EP4 and installed it last night; installation went quite smoothly and I've had no glitches during the short time I had to explore before bedtime.  I did notice that the load time is longer, even with two gigs of RAM, with and without the downloads folder in.

I haven't even had loading time issues.  Not that I've installed my downloads again or anything, but the first load was amazingly fast.  The only slow down I got was loading the first family with pets, but even the second time around that was zippy.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 20, 13:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I had a bird for about 1 Sim day today. OMFG, that was annoying.  No more birds for my Sims, they can buy the cage, if they insist, but it will remain unstocked until there's some kind of hack.

I had a bird that flew away when the cage was left unlocked.  I couldn't find it anywhere, figured I'd never see it again.  A few hours later it reappeared back in the cage.  Maybe it was hungry?  I'd like to see a "no autonomous unlocking of cages" hack, to eliminate this sort of thing.

Karen
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 20, 14:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's gotta be the dumbest statement ever made.  Don't you know saying things like that is the #1 cause of nuclear disastor??
not really since this is the first time I have ever gotten an ep or shopping pack that wasnt full of bugs from Maxis/EA. shocking is the word for it especially after reading the problems everyone else is having with Pets.and by the way saying the game is "bug free" FOR ME ISN'T LIKELY TO CAUSE  NUCLEAR DISASTER

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 20, 14:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? All I have seen is sell pet to, you can give it away?

Yeah. If a visitor comes on the lot you can click on them and give the pet to them. I think it is under the "Propose" menu, but I'm not sure, I was just clicking away making sure everything was working okay when I saw the option.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 20, 17:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's under the Propose menu. I gave a Pet (cat or dog only, I think) away like that. It will ask if you're sure, and then the pet leaves the household.

Oh, and as for annoyances- it's that whole bug vs. feature thing.  Besides, when you're working for a company, probably considered a dream job by the ones who got it- are you really going to want to tell the designers that part of the actual GAME sucks? Okay, we would, but then they wouldn't hire most of us. LOL I'm just glad to have a game where things work like they are supposed to, annoying or not.

- Kurt Vonnegut
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 20, 17:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're supposed to ignore the baby needs. That's what No Baby Harassment is abot.

BUT I don't use No Baby Harassment. I never have a problem with them taking care of their children...even if it results in a visit from the social worker...but now, they don't even realize they have a child. All they want to do is razzle the damn dog!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 20, 17:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's some stupid game they play with the dogs. Not sure if they do it with cats since I don't have any yet.

It looks more like they are teasing the dog though. And it seems to last until you cancel it or at least I've not had enough patience so far to wait for them to get done naturally if they do.  Tongue

Well dogs never do get tired of games like that do they!  So that sounds real to me.  annoying.... but real.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 20, 17:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I get tired of playing them with them. The sims don't seem to. Tongue

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 20, 17:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only problem I've had with the vanilla game (no hacks) is the horrible lag the game gets when someone gets promoted. Mouse freezes, game freezes, no sound for about a minute and a half and then I get the stupid, "You got promoted!" popup.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: