More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:25:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Harder Jobs ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Harder Jobs ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone Edition  (Read 79034 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Harder Jobs ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone Edition
« on: 2006 October 20, 00:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Harder jobs + correction of bugged paychecks and job recognitions for OFBp2. Old p1 version available, no longer supported.

harderjobs.zip

REQUIRES:
jobfixes.zip

Harder Jobs + Fixes for TS2PETS
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Makes standard jobs harder: Uni graduates no longer receive automatic L8/L9
start and upper-level jobs have limited numbers of openings. Also includes
pay and recognition fixes for TS2OFBp2 "Owned Business" jobs.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2PETS+ only!

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2013 October 21, 18:03:07 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jacay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Harder Jobs ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone Edition
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 22, 16:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are having trouble getting promoted - as in, they come home from work and get an error message. I took out this hack and now they're being promoted again. I've attached what I believe to be the correct log. Please help.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 22, 23:16:50 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 22, 23:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the exact same problem
« Last Edit: 2006 October 22, 23:16:55 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Dang
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 22, 23:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known bug. Should already have been fixed awhile ago. Reupdate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 15, 16:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a limit on the number of Celebrity Chefs in a neighbourhood?  I would have thought it was one of those jobs that would be unlimited.

I recently restarted Strangetown, and forgot to take out LTW Variety.  It seems every second sim wants to be a Celebrity Chef Sad  The neighbourhood has 3 of them, but Chloe is sitting at level 9 in the Culinary career, fully skilled for the promotion, enough friends and with maxed out job performance.  She can't get the promotion, nor can her spouse who also has the same want.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 16, 15:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like specifics on which jobs are limited to 1, 2, or 3 sims.  It seems obvious that Mayor, Senator, Captain Hero, some others, could only have one but what about generals?  Plus townies might be assigned to one of the "unique" jobs.  I'd really like a list, or instructions on how to see into the program with SimPE.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 16, 16:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a limit on the number of Celebrity Chefs in a neighbourhood?  I would have thought it was one of those jobs that would be unlimited.
All the top-level jobs which lack a hard-limit are soft-limited, meaning that while not everyone can immediately be one, you won't lose your post merely because other people are. Otherwise everyone would automatically be at the top. The Celebrity Chef can be promoted into the position via a chance card, IIRC, so wait for that one. Not EVERYONE winds up as a celebrity chef, after all.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 17, 07:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's got 4 days left, so the chances of a chance card coming up are pretty remote.  One of the current chefs is going to die before then, but with the luck Chloe has had so far in my game, her husband would probably get the vacancy.  Maybe I'll keep him home on the day the vacancy arises ... he's not an elder yet so has plenty of time to get his LTW after she dies.

Now that I'm aware that ALL the top jobs are limited, I'll move all my sims on to custom careers after they hit their LTWs.  I had assumed that some jobs (such as party guest, hall of famer, and celebrity chef) would be unlimited, so sims in those careers weren't moved on to another job.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 17, 07:29:41 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 17, 14:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just installed this one - and two questions came immediatly to mind.

Do the townies count against the number of job openings? (If so, I may just make sure all my business owners hire mostly top-level townies. Otherwise, they'll never retire.)

Can I change the limits in Simpe to suit my own notions of what the caps should be?

Always looking for ways to make my Sims work harder...
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 03, 04:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have been using sims for wat seems like forever but ive always been pretty careful with downloads cos my computer always froze
now i have a comp that can handle sims2 and expansions so ive been downloading more hacks etc and it seems to be working fine
but then i realised recently that only very few jobs are available on my game, like the most basic careers but career rewards for other jobs show up that i cant actually get
so my question is pretty much have i dont something wrong and will these hacks fix it?
also is servo in sims2? i seem to remember i used to have him but not anymore
If I understand your mangling of the English language correctly, then you only get three jobs a day (in the newspaper), or 6 (using a computer). And you always start at the lowest level if you look for the job in a newspaper.

And Servo was re-introduced in the Open For Business Expansion Pack.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 03, 12:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you don't have University, there will be some jobs your sims can't get.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 03, 12:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and if you DO have University and your sims don't have diplomas there will STILL be some jobs they can't get

INFP or something
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 05, 17:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the lot debugger has an "upgrade sim" option.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 06, 12:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I'm aware that ALL the top jobs are limited, I'll move all my sims on to custom careers after they hit their LTWs.  I had assumed that some jobs (such as party guest, hall of famer, and celebrity chef) would be unlimited, so sims in those careers weren't moved on to another job.

Fat Head is supposed to be writing it for me. Ask Fat Head.

I know, Necromancy is bad m'kay, but this was the only place where it seemed somewhat fitting to post.

Is there a list of how many top positions each job contains with this hack anywhere? Cause I'd love to know which ones have open spaces and move a few of my choice sims in on those careers. I've asked this before, and the mighty one answered as can be seen on the lower of the two quotes, but I've searhed through Fat Heads posts, and have not found any lists. A few posts which relates to the harderjobs yes, but not an actual list of the limits.

So, Consider this thread zombified!

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 06, 19:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to second this request, if that will help.  Or tell us where we can look using SimPE to find out for ourselves.  Please?? Kiss
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 06, 23:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just added Seasons to OFB and I'd like the harder job fixes I had before, but not the harder jobs.  I don't have uni so that bit isn't an issue.  I don't have pets so I can't use the pet fix and I'm happy with more than one mayor.

Can I still use the old hack for the fixes?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 06, 23:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, if you only want the fixes, get the "fixes" required hack.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 07, 06:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that the one I already have?  If not where is it?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
MrsSoares
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 26, 06:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NECROMANCY IS BAD, M'KAY?

Yes, yes, yes... I know that it's bad, but I dont know where else to go for some help.

*prepares for the pointy sticks and humbly acknowledges that I am very un-awesome.*

So... I decided that wanted to use harderjobs, instead of running my brand spanking new completely custom hood with 5 mayors and 7 CoS's. I like the functionality of harder jobs. I dl'd it, and the required file listed below it.

Only now, whenever my sims try to get a job instead of the pop up that says the carpool will arrive at such and such a time, I get "Dont you think you should work on your grades first?" and my simmy has no job.

Before you ask... yes, I am using adult sims. The conflict lies somewhere within the pets file required for harderjobs... I found this out only by systematiclly restoring a few hacks at each start-up. Take that one file out and I am good to go... replace it, and it's fubar'd again. But I need it if I want harderjobs, right?  I have run the HCDU, and it comes up with nothing.

I am, again, unawesome and dont know how to show you an error report, or even get a text file of the hacks I am using... but I can say... most are from here, InSim and MTS2... I read each one carefully to make sure I dont have conflicts... and when I do, I use my sucky, time consuming procedure to figure out which one it is, and remove it. But I can't imagine whats happening here.

Before you prod me with your pointy stick (hmmmm... *picks mind up out of gutter*, nvm, we wont go there) can anyone offer me any insight on this?

eta: Sry, forgot to mention, I have all SP's and EP...  =)

I am Bipolar, have PMS and a gun... any fucking questions???
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 26, 08:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MrsSoares
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 26, 12:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, gonna remove that and see what happens... then spend the day looking for stuff to replace the functionality of InTeen if it is the problem...

*sad panda face*

I'll worry about the kittens later... Tongue

ETA: Dangit dangit dangit... you are indeed THE awesome...  but it seems there are some things that in InTeen that I have come to depend on very very much... like young adults getting preggers along with teens.

Whats He do if I try out Sims2Living's Teen/YA preggers mod? Tongue

Final Edit:

*cackles maniaclly*

MWUAAAAAAAAAAAAA!*

I found a fix... it's non awesome, but addresses the exact problem and allows me to keep all my awesome stuff... and my kitten killer... WOOTNESS!
« Last Edit: 2008 January 26, 16:33:47 by MrsSoares » Logged

I am Bipolar, have PMS and a gun... any fucking questions???
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 April 28, 01:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original post links to a required hack, but the file is not found there.  Linky to required hack.

purplesnails
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 January 26, 21:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this isn't the place to make a request!

I really want a mod that just puts a hold on promotions, not every reaches the top of their career after all, and where I come from at least there are some very skilled people behind the tills in corner shops.  Tongue

Something where you can just click on the sim and choose "stop promotions" that would be amazing!

Love your mods!  Cheesy
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 January 26, 21:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piss off, that's a blatant attempt at trolling.

purplesnails
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 January 27, 14:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who me?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: