More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:56:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  ZOMGPets Job Fixes: Because Maxis Screwed The Pooch Again
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ZOMGPets Job Fixes: Because Maxis Screwed The Pooch Again  (Read 104549 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: ZOMGPets Job Fixes: Because Maxis Screwed The Pooch Again
« Reply #50 on: 2006 November 22, 19:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't recognize that as being anything related. Make sure you're not using strange custom cars or anything outdated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
redmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 November 23, 06:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't recognize that as being anything related. Make sure you're not using strange custom cars or anything outdated.

Updated everything from the Pets directory that I use and the errors have stopped.

Guess I missed an update of something.  :/

daedreem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 February 12, 20:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I'm Ok asking this question... I'm not very familiar with this site, and last time I posted here I got a RTFM reply telling me to look in comapability lists I didn't know were there... that I again don't know where are since I lost my bookmarks between OFB and now.. Smiley

Anyway...
Is this still needed or critical since the pets patch came out this month?

I have barely played since pets came out, and am only just now thinking to look here to see if anything horrid is happening with it...  Undecided
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 February 12, 20:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Friends don't let friends patch Pets.

Get Pets, get hacks, ignore patch.  Got it?
Hana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 February 13, 10:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Friends don't let friends patch Pets.

Get Pets, get hacks, ignore patch.  Got it?

Shocked I already installed the patch for Pets. Does this mean all the awsome hacks won't work right? Or is it going to be worse?  Huh
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 February 13, 10:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple that have been updated for the patch -- check the Armory, TwoJeff's forums, and Peasantry for those.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Hana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 February 13, 10:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Smiley
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 February 21, 14:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly because it's half 11 at night I'm quite confused by all this. I've not had a problem so far with my Pets game but to be honest I haven't played it that much and since I'm starting to play it more often now I don't want to risk it all going wrong. Should I download this and the harder jobs hack, or do I just need this?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 February 21, 18:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get this.  HarderJobs is your own decision.  Skip the patch.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 February 22, 09:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I downloaded this. I knew the time of night had something to do with my confusion because now looking again it seems so obvious that harder jobs is optional, not required.

I already made the mistake of patching pets once, even though usually I check everywhere before I patch to make sure it doesn't make things worse for some reason I didn't this time. I ended up having to reinstall pets and annoyingly I lost all my custom sims from the sim bin and all my custom houses, although I saved everything else. I don't know where the game stores those files and I still can't find them even now (since I've added new ones I mean).
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 February 22, 14:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you uninstall Pets, the game tries to be helpful and delete all your Downloads and 'hoods, even though you intend to reinstall Pets without the patch.  I classify this under Stupid But True.

All your neighborhoods are in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods.  Custom lots (anything in the Lot Bin) are in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/LotCatalog.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 February 24, 07:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had backed up my neighbourhoods and downloads so that was all fine. It was my custom sims from the sim bin I was most annoyed about and I still don't know where those would have been. Embarrassed

Thanks for the tip about the lot catalog though! Luckily at the same time as reinstalling Pets I moved everything on my computer to a new user profile (because the old one wouldn't load anymore) and when I deleted the EAGames folder from the old profile's 'My Documents' I happened to keep a backup of the lotcatalog file because I didn't know what it was. This means all my custom lots are safe and I can put them back in Grin
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 February 24, 18:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool!  I don't keep occupied lots in the SimBin, so I can't help you there.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 February 25, 01:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I don't mean sims from occupied lots, I've just realised I think I'm calling it the wrong thing Embarrassed Ooops! You know when you create a sim in the game, next to the randomise button there's a button which opens up a catalog of ready made sims to choose from? I mean sims from in there. I had used SimPE to extract a whole range of sims into that collection, but now they have mostly all disappeared (just a few downloaded from the exchange back when I first started playing remain). I have a feeling they are lost forever. Sad
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 February 25, 12:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those sims are saved in the SavedSims folder.  Seriously. 
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 February 25, 19:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if she made them herself in bodyshop, or cloned to remake any she downloaded and installed, or physically moved ones she might have downloaded after installing them. By default, premade sims that you install from a S2pack file, either with the bodyshop installer or the S2PCI, land in the Downloads folder.  Undecided
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 February 26, 12:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is what I was going by:

I had used SimPE to extract a whole range of sims into that collection, but now they have mostly all disappeared (just a few downloaded from the exchange back when I first started playing remain).

So according to what you said, myskaal, the ones she extracted using SimPE would be in the SavedSims folder, correct?
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 April 02, 00:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused. Does PETSp1 mean for Pets patch 1? And if so, should I get this anyway?
I don't want to stupidly assume things.

I want to get the patch, because I need it for.. the 'kitten-killer' as you call it here, but I am le confused.  Huh

Hell yeah.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 April 02, 01:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused. Does PETSp1 mean for Pets patch 1? And if so, should I get this anyway?
I don't want to stupidly assume things.

I want to get the patch, because I need it for.. the 'kitten-killer' as you call it here, but I am le confused.  Huh

yes, p1 is patch one. The sucky patch that borked more than it fixed. the current patch is p2. I doubt this will break a p2 game, so if I were you I'd get it to be safe.

INFP or something
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 April 02, 01:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, p1 is patch one. The sucky patch that borked more than it fixed. the current patch is p2. I doubt this will break a p2 game, so if I were you I'd get it to be safe.

Okay, thank you. Cheesy

Hell yeah.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 April 02, 13:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This item remains current up into seasons.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
petsp0-jobfixes removes 'drive to work' option for pregnant sims
« Reply #71 on: 2008 January 19, 21:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to post this in the relevant thread for the hack, but got the scary skeleton.  First time for me!  Shocked

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is intentional?  Does sending them to work break something else? 

I see it was updated in December, but I only now have a single mother deeply in debt.  My other families are too rich as it is; I don't bother working those expectant mothers.  I'm pretty sure the older version (which I deleted a few weeks ago) allowed pregnant sims to drive to work if they only had the first bump.

If it helps any, I'm running EPs up to Seasons, unpatched.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 January 19, 21:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do realize that she'll get paid even if she doesn't go to work, right? Even if it's a day off for her.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 January 19, 23:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I did know that, but the promotion bonus is massive compared to a day's wage.  Especially if the sim is plat anyway, it's practically a loss not to send them to work.  That, and the fact that the sim in question has a 60+K mortgage on which she pays loan shark rates of 10% compounded daily, neither she nor her descendants will be choosing to take a day off for a looong time.  Grin

Anyway, I was mainly concerned that a fix (as opposed to a feature like macrotastics, or harderjobs) borks something that EAxis didn't get around to themselves.  Yet. Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 January 20, 06:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to post this in the relevant thread for the hack, but got the scary skeleton.  First time for me!  Shocked
Curiously, I had noticed this disappeared also. Investigating more closely, I discovered that one bug I fixed apparently "broke" this "undocumented feature". Apparently, they weren't supposed to be able to, but since the check was busted, they could. I will reinstate this "feature", given that I don't like their whiny asses lounging around any better than you do. EAxis: It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: