More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:23:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Less than a day, already a hack is desperately needed!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Less than a day, already a hack is desperately needed!  (Read 14194 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Less than a day, already a hack is desperately needed!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 19, 05:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

All the more reason to throw them.

All the more reason to download the dreaded Kitten Killer!!  Unfaithful, two timin', no good varmits!   Wink

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 19, 08:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seriously debated installing pets not because they annoy me (I think it is a nice addition) but because of the way Sims wants will revolve completely around the latest expansion.  I still remember all my houses having entire bands in their homes after uni.

Sure enough, I was right.  I did a complete reinstall of all expansions with no saved neighborhoods/no mods and started up PV.  I always place Jennifer and John Burb first and typically she wants 100k or top of business.  He usually wants golden anniversary or graduate 3 kids.  But this time - Jenn wants the 6 pets to reach the top of their career, John wants to raise puppies or kittens instead of kids and even Lucy wants to buy a wombat cage.  No wants whatsoever about each other, getting jobs or even the usual 1st buys of the stuff they need in their empty house.  The LTWs are bad enough but the DAILY wants too!?!

I played them a sim week and ALL their wants were play with, scold, teach, become master of stupid pet.  They are not even friends with each other because they spend all their time filling wants about the dogs (I merged in the premade 2 after I saw their LTWs) so they don't go into aspiration failure.

A mod is desperately in order.  I just don't understand why the want trees always have to be based on one expansion regardless of what plans you have for a family.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 19, 08:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played them a sim week and ALL their wants were play with, scold, teach, become master of stupid pet.  They are not even friends with each other because they spend all their time filling wants about the dogs.

Are you actually trying to fulfill these wants?  If so, stop it, you're only encouraging them to generate more pet wants.  Ignore the wants you don't like and they will eventually roll something else.  Or try the Reroll Wants function on the Lot Debugger. 

Karen
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 19, 11:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's why I'm saying my cat is unusual. He doesn't bring gifts. He murders in secret and makes sure the bodies are never found. Somehow I knew this cat was the one for me when he ripped off my face as a kitten.

you were a kitten once?? Undecided
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 19, 18:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He has a cat, imaginatively named Cat, and a dog.  Guess what the dog's name is?

I do that too.  I feel weird giving names to animals (in real life, that is) so I just call my cat, Kitty or Kitty Baby.  I had a rabbit as a kid and I just called it Bunny (that was mostly because I was stupid and did not know there was a difference between the two).
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 20, 10:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a killer cat, too, named Phillip.  The only things I have seen him eat are houseflies that he leaps through the air to catch.  He lives off what he hunts, so there must be more!  When he sees prey, he makes his hunting noise, which is disturbingly like the sound a rattlesnake makes.  I almost peed my pants the first time I heard him make it.  One of his spawn makes the same noise while watching birds through the windows, but doesn't go outside much; he's quite the pansy.  Phillip will occasionally deign to let you pet him, but if you touch him below the neck, he will take your hand off.  The first time my boyfriend spent the night, Phillip shat upon his pillow.  I thought I would die laughing.  Grin
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 20, 16:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my attempt to nerf the pet obsession. Seems to be working well for me so far.
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 October 20, 16:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ you are a god  Cheesy

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 October 20, 17:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my attempt to nerf the pet obsession. Seems to be working well for me so far.

now this sounds like a lifesaving hack!!  thank you thank you  Grin
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 October 21, 20:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cat would remove their arms and probably parts of the face.  Well, the big cat would.  The little one would just fart in their face. 

On the subject of prey, though, cats eat the entire thing in my experience, so there would be nothing left.  My cat used to bring stuff home to show me before he ate it, but he never left any evidence when he was done eating unless it was a rabbit.  He never could finish the rabbits.  He'd start at the head and stop at about the waist.  I threw away a lot of rabbit-butts when he was an outdoor cat.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 October 22, 02:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some passerby made my sim cat vomit by tossing it in the air, but it didn't vomit on the culprit like toddlers do. Grossly unfair.

CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 October 22, 02:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time my boyfriend spent the night, Phillip shat upon his pillow.  I thought I would die laughing.  Grin

And he's not your EX-boyfriend? The man's a saint. Keep him.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 October 22, 05:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The daily wants should match their lifetime aspiration and their regular aspiration.  It worked out well for Cassandra.  She wanted to raise 6 puppies and kittens.  She was constantly rolling wants to adopt kittens and puppies.  She will be done in a few days.  It was especially good since she had probs getting pregnant.  I had to hold that want for a long time.  It also kept Don out of the red.  He rolled enough pets wants to keep him out of aspiration failure.  But,wealth???They would care less.  The only pet the Burbs have is a bird that is helping Jennifer gain charisma.  She isn't rolling  many animal wants.  I think that when I  get back to my real game that I'm going to have strict rules on who can have pets.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 October 22, 08:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some passerby made my sim cat vomit by tossing it in the air, but it didn't vomit on the culprit like toddlers do. Grossly unfair.

It doesn't even leave a dirt pile or anything like that when a cat has vomited on the bloody expensive Persian rug.
Dunno why, but that disappointed me.

Not as much as Cassandra's wants freaked me - adopting a kitten at first, then rolling the want to sell it right away.
Hello?!
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 22, 09:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And he's not your EX-boyfriend? The man's a saint. Keep him.

Yes, he is now my babydaddy, thankyou!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: