More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 21:24:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A few nice features....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A few nice features....  (Read 28171 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: A few nice features....
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 16, 06:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a tab to choose the turn-ons and offs at the same point where you pick aspiration Smiley

Pre-existing sims have their turn-ons/offs randomly generated, but these can be changed with the Renu-U portachug potion.

<insert witty comment here>
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 16, 06:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a tab to choose the turn-ons and offs at the same point where you pick aspiration Smiley

Pre-existing sims have their turn-ons/offs randomly generated, but these can be changed with the Renu-U portachug potion.
Is this something you buy or is it an aspiration reward...or what?
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 16, 06:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this something you buy or is it an aspiration reward...or what?

Every pre-existing sim gets one on starting NL Smiley  ... not to mention a visit from the gypsy matchmaker regardless of their situation!  (My first NL annoyance)

<insert witty comment here>
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 16, 08:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For anyone that's still interested in exactly how big these driveways are, I've just reset my Pleasentview and went to Don Lothario's lot.  From the left edge of his house (when looking at it from the road) to the edge of the actual lot was just enough space to squeeze one in.

And after selling those two palm trees that were in the way, he had just enough money to buy the little Hatchback.  Or as this one shall be called:  Don's Pimpmobile.   Grin

EDIT:  One last note.  The college timer for YA's seems to freeze when you go on dates or visit any community lots outside of campus.  IE: community lots in Downtown or the home neighborhood.  Really useful.  I was worried that the timer would keep going before this.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 16, 08:36:48 by Trepie » Logged
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 16, 19:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone posted at VS that you can actually put genetics and skins in subfolders with Nightlife.
For me, that alone would just about make it worth it's price.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 16, 20:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT:  One last note.  The college timer for YA's seems to freeze when you go on dates or visit any community lots outside of campus.  IE: community lots in Downtown or the home neighborhood.  Really useful.  I was worried that the timer would keep going before this.

Good to know, Trepie.  That was one of the things I was worried about.  No sense sending your YAs to a community lot if the timer keeps ticking away.

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 16, 20:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only Lifetime want I've seen for a Pleasure sim (I've only made one, so far) has been Become Celebrity Chef - totally doable.

Haha, I've had that as Popularity too.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 16, 21:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like the way they get angry with each other, far more realistic.  I have one couple, Heather Huffington (now Heather Extrateens) and her husband.  They are SO opposite - he has 9 in Neat, she has 1, he has 3 in Playful, she has 9 I think ... anyway, everytime she has a shower he gets really angry because he has to clean-up after her.  He went down into the 60s with her in daily & lifetime when she was pregnant, she was so lazy.  Afterwards, he started sweet-talking her and built it up again.  The only 'fault' I have with it is that it only happens the once.  Earlier today, she managed to soak the floor of two bathrooms, but he only complained about the first one.  Either that, or it only works with the communal showers.

Downtown I also noticed that Jackson Ruben was arguing like mad with a townie.  I have no idea what the problem was, but when I made him selectable he was -100/-100 with him.  Then one of my elderly Sims almost whacked the head-hoochie vampire because he kept following him around trying to talk to him (Count Wayne Gallagher - can't get over that name).  These new interactions are actually great fun!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 17, 01:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone take a look at a Pleasure assper's Lifetime want yet?  I've only seen one.  It was "Have 50 First Dates".  These guys may be worse than the Romancers...

My Pleasure assper's Lifetime want was to "Have 50 Dream Dates".

Not at all awesome
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 17, 02:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone posted at VS that you can actually put genetics and skins in subfolders with Nightlife.
For me, that alone would just about make it worth it's price.

Yes, but supposedly you can't put hacks in subdirectories anymore, or so I've heard. I haven't tried because I ended up yanking of mine. Sad

Ancient Sim: re sims getting angrier now. LOL I know! Those sims do NOT play anymore. I've seen so many fights now since nightlife and even when they don't fight if they are pissed at someone they just seeth with anger and give them the evilest dirty looks I have ever seen! Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 17, 03:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki I don't know if that is true or not.  I have all my hacks that I am using in a subfolder in my downloads folder.  They seem to be working just fine.   I like to put them in a folder of their own because then I know exactly where they are.    I know you can put other things in subfolders in the Downloads, why not your hack files?   What I need to find out is whether we can now put subfolders in our SavedSims
folder.     This would make my folders so much neater.

The hacks I have in my game are Insem Dest Uv version
 Merolas energizer painting and Merola's mindcontrol mirror
 Inges bottomless bottle and crammyboys nocensor
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 17, 05:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone just posted in Crammyboy's nocensor thread that it worked in a sub of Downloads.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 17, 05:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, everything is working fine.  I put in all my downloads.  So far, the hacks seem OK, the custom content, too but none of the skins or genetics show up.  I don't have anything in subfolders so I don't know what the problem is.  Anyone else had this problem.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 September 17, 07:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another really cool thing about this game is if you overstuff your lot, the extra sims go in a second column next to the original, instead of being bumped offscreen.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 September 17, 12:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that at least one of the downtown lots in Pleasantview comes equipped with showers.  I think it was the spa/health club type lot.  Of course you can always add your own, but it's nice that somebody at Maxis realized there has to be a way to deal with low hygiene downtown, short of sponge-bathing in the sink..... 

Karen
nothingbutsims
« Reply #40 on: 2005 September 17, 14:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new pre-made houses in the lots bin and in the downtown area are kinda nice.  Especially that big $88k house, think it was called "House of Fallen Trees" or something.  Three stories and an insanely deep basement with two coffins at the bottom.

Unfortuantly that lot is just too huge for my meager amout of RAM to keep up with.

Yes, I love that house as well and all of the new houses.  I really like that idea that you can live downtown also.
lauraglenn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 September 17, 15:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) When a Sim serves a group meal, you can click on the serving platter to call the whole family to eat.

Have you actually gotten that to work? When I tried, the guests just went about their business sitting in the hot tub or playing kicky bag etc.

Doesn't work for me at all.  Tried it with Nina Caliente.  Everyone just kept doing what they were doing.  No one came to the table.   Sad

An aside... be careful of the initial invites downtown.  You never know who's going to show up in the group.  Nina received my first call to go downtown from Don Lothario.  I had her accept because it was the first time I had a sim go downtown.  Well, 7 sims in total were in the cab when it arrived at the restaurant - Don, Nina, Dina, Cassandra, Angela and Lilith Pleasant, and Alexander Goth.  All Maxis created Sims that I've played.  It was a disaster!  Nina kissed Don immediately upon exiting the cab, which made Dina furious.  Also, Cassandra and Dina have the Don in common.  Cassandra followed Dina around the lot all evening slapping her.  Nothing stopped it!  And unfortunately, it's all saved.  Now Dina keeps stopping by Nina's house and kicking over the trash or stealing her newspaper!  I have so much relationship clean up to do...
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 September 17, 16:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but supposedly you can't put hacks in subdirectories anymore, or so I've heard. I haven't tried because I ended up yanking of mine. Sad

Don't worry Motoki. Hacks still work in subfolders. It seems everything works in them now (hallelujah!), at least everything I've got in my game.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 September 17, 16:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4) This may be my imagination, but I think the colors seem brighter than before.  Anybody else notice this?  (I have a Radeon 9600XT video card.)

Oh, and here I thought I was going senile. There seems to be more detail and somewhat better color handling. Maybe you're not imagining things Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 September 18, 03:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the lighting is better, too, and colors more vibrant. Could be related to the new "dynamic lighting." The only glitch I have as far as lighting goes is that some lamps with separate shades don't use the "lit" texture when they're turned on. It's hit and miss...some shades light up, others don't, even within the same style lamp, and they all worked fine before NL. But they cast light properly, so I'm not going to sweat it.

My favorite new feature is Slow Dance. The way the dancers look at each other is soooo sweet...and their movements are damn near erotic. BUT TASTEFUL.  Roll Eyes
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 September 18, 03:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bet ya love the 'head on shoulder'   Kiss  that one is cute
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 September 18, 06:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a fan of "Lower Hands" myself.   Grin
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 September 18, 23:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The EP is buggy as all heck, as we all know, but there is one major thing that I've found that I do like--the box.  It's designed in such a way that I can keep all my discs and registration codes in the one box, and not have to worry about where they all ended up.  (It's heck having an ex bf who steals them because he has a computer and I don't--I just steal his on the weekends.)    I just wish Maxis would put out DVD editions like they did with the base game, so there would be fewer discs to look after, but I remember reading somewhere that people thought they'd be able to put them into their DVD players and play the game that way...  Idiot masses...

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 September 19, 13:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a fan of "Lower Hands" myself.   Grin

I prefer the 'fall asleep in your food' manoeuver.  Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 September 19, 14:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a new one,I think is cool. you can pay off some one to leave you alone.
I was playing Strangetown, Vidcund was at Loki's house and he kept fighting with Loki I finally click on Vidcund to ask him to leave. I saw and new option that said pay Sims off $50, so I click on it, Loki when over handed him the $50 and a message came up, "Alright I leave you alone".

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: