More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:36:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons)  (Read 452749 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons)
« Reply #250 on: 2007 September 10, 16:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I create my townie/downtownie one by one using the T of L&D, upon creation with that tool adult sims indeed do get random skill points.

My question, I have been given them all a job and then made them townie or downtownie using Inge shrub.  Have I been wasting my time?  Will they keep the job I gave them or will the game reset it and gave them a random one?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons
« Reply #251 on: 2007 September 10, 18:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My question, I have been given them all a job and then made them townie or downtownie using Inge shrub.  Have I been wasting my time?  Will they keep the job I gave them or will the game reset it and gave them a random one?

I made a townie out of a MATY sim, and gave him a job just like you.  When he fell in love with a playable and moved in, he had an entirely different job than what I set him up with.

So I'd say you're probably wasting your time as far as jobs.  I think they keep the skills you set, though -- I don't think those reset.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons
« Reply #252 on: 2007 September 10, 18:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the correct clothes were available from CAS or bodyshop.
Yes, they are. It's no problem to create a CAS sim that looks like a vacation townie - I'm just curious how I can transform him into a vacation sim who behaves like one! Wink

Quote from: jsalemi
I made a townie out of a MATY sim, and gave him a job just like you.  When he fell in love with a playable and moved in, he had an entirely different job than what I set him up with.

So I'd say you're probably wasting your time as far as jobs.  I think they keep the skills you set, though -- I don't think those reset.
Oh, that's weird, because I experienced the opposite thing! Cheesy I always create my townies just like MissDoh said, creating them in CAS and then making them into townies with the shrub. I always give them jobs and randomize their skills, and when they move in with my playables later they always keep their jobs. I write everything down in an Excel table, this is why I'm so certain about this ... Wink

I can confirm your statement about the skill points, though - they never reset in my game either. Grin
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: 2007 September 27, 14:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is it I'm doing wrong? I made all the sims I needed, dropped them into two lots, Towniefied all but one test family, went into SimPE and selected everything under Sim Relations (or somesuch) and right click, Deleted. Opened the town back up, and not only does the test family all know who they are, random several of the random passersby, when made selectable, remembered the child/teen they were assigned in CAS.

Oh, and everyone remembers meeting whoever was in the lot with them, all assigned a child/teen have "Met, kissed, woohooed so and so" about the mystery parent of their child.

I have everything but BV, and I'm using the clean templates.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons)
« Reply #254 on: 2007 September 27, 15:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In order to de-relate Sims (even if you've made them into townies) you need to do more in SimPE. You need to remove the relationship under Sim Description (which is what it sounds like you did) by setting them both to unknown and unticking the related box and again under Family Ties (by deleting the relationship at both ends - ie from both Sims). It is much more sensible to create them as adults and then age them back down to children or teens when townifying them. Just remember not to leave the game running while doing this as their school grades will be attrocious and the Social Worker is likely to come a visting.

Also townie memories are wiped on move in (in my experience) the same as adoptee memories, so they will keep all those useless pieces until moved in or editted.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: 2007 September 27, 15:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nyaha. See, it only said something along the lines of "delete all relationships", didn't go into any kind of detail, so I thought "deleting" them was enough. I'll go through again and untick everyone. Should I delete the SWAF as well?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2007 September 27, 23:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have anything to do with Sim Wants and Fears. I know nothing about them. If the aim is merely to make the Sims unrelated then you don't need to touch them. Although you may wish to go into the Sims memories and delete those you do not want this is also unecessary in this instance.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2007 September 27, 23:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mostly I was curious because those listed as Parent had Parental spam in their wants. "Child becomes Overachiever" etc.

Thanks for the help, my test 'hood is now set up! Smiley

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2007 September 29, 20:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is much more sensible to create them as adults and then age them back down to children or teens when townifying them.

On the surface, yes.  I tried that once and got lovely adult sims in the hood.  Aged one of my favourite clones down to teen and suddenly she had a head floating above her body (no neck).  Tried all kinds of mirror fixes, etc. but there she was.  Quite a neat effect, but not one I wanted to live with.  As this was the beginning of my hood, I simply scrapped the whole thing and started over with new clean hood and new clone of the sim already as a teen.  Naturally, in CAS I had to give her a "parent", but once they were both townified, I deleted relationships, family flags, and (very important) all memories they had of being parent or child of the other.

Tribulatio proxima est
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: 2007 September 30, 06:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted relationships, family flags, and (very important) all memories they had of being parent or child of the other.

..... >.<

Where.. how.. and have I doomed myself to a future explosion since I've been playing a family with disconnected flags and NOT removed memories of being parent/child...?

Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2007 September 30, 15:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT:

I'm a non-awesome idiot and I actually worked out how to do it myself. Thanks for this tut!
« Last Edit: 2007 September 30, 16:43:09 by Sapphire Scratches » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2007 September 30, 18:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted relationships, family flags, and (very important) all memories they had of being parent or child of the other.

..... >.<

Where.. how.. and have I doomed myself to a future explosion since I've been playing a family with disconnected flags and NOT removed memories of being parent/child...?

Not sure about doomed since I have not had a hood blow up (at least not for this particular reason). In the sim description for a sim, SimPE gives access to memories.  I just went in and deleted the ones that said things like "gave birth to [name of sim]" and suchlike.  I'm not sure it's that important in the long run, but it does avoid garbage memories - I was finding that the game was having difficulty reconciling the idea of a sim that was not related to another sim with a memory of having given birth to the sim in question (if that makes any sense).  At one point, the game recreated the relationships I had deleted to reconcile this (or so it seemed - I had to delete the relationships again, in any case).  Removing the memories of the relationship cleaned things up nicely.

Tribulatio proxima est
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: 2007 September 30, 22:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..... >.<

Not sure about doomed since I have not had a hood blow up (at least not for this particular reason). In the sim description for a sim, SimPE gives access to memories.  I just went in and deleted the ones that said things like "gave birth to [name of sim]" and suchlike.  I'm not sure it's that important in the long run, but it does avoid garbage memories - I was finding that the game was having difficulty reconciling the idea of a sim that was not related to another sim with a memory of having given birth to the sim in question (if that makes any sense).  At one point, the game recreated the relationships I had deleted to reconcile this (or so it seemed - I had to delete the relationships again, in any case).  Removing the memories of the relationship cleaned things up nicely.

I wonder if that's what caused the one playable family to resprout family ties after I'd deleted them in SimPE.. I'll have to go back in today and wipe out the mems. Thanks! Smiley

spikesminx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2007 October 18, 18:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello! That's a wonderful tutorial, thank you so much! But I have a problem with the DownTownies I've created after I've done all the steps. I have new face templates and color binned custom hairs. The Townies I created using the tree are fine, they have new face templates and hair but DownTownies always end up having the maxis face templates and and none of them has custom hair. I couldn't figure out why. Could you help me please?

I have Uni, Nightlife and Seasons.
Catioucha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2007 October 26, 12:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello everone ! I'm new here and I'm french so I hope you'll understand my english and will excuse me for asking this question (perhaps someone had asked it before but it's really hard for me to read all the 11 pages in english and understand everything without reading each post twice Undecided sorry)...

What if I don't want to "de-relate" my newborn townies ?

Let me explain to you... Cheesy

By the way, I use only TS2, Uni, NL, OFB and Seasons and have installed notownieregen/nodormieregen and anti redundancy mods.

I made cleaned neighborhoods without problems (great tutorial Jordi !!!) but I want to create my own townies and I'm wandering if it will be possible to not delete all the family bounds in simPE because I want that my townies and my sims still be related...

I have a lot of families to create in my 'hood and I realize that it will be very difficult to play with all of them... but I can't delete those pretty sims and want to use all of them anyway... So I wanted to make some of my sims become townies and downtownies to concentrate my efforts on a few sims only for playing...

But what if I make a "Test" family with three sisters (Ann Test, Bea Test and Cat Test) and want to play only with Cat and transform Ann and Bea into townies with the teleport schrub ? Will they stay related to Cat as sisters ? Will they keep their family name ? It will cause any damage to my game or to my saves ?

Thank you very much for all your help and answers ! Cheesy
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: 2007 October 26, 13:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't do, as far as i know. I do the same thing myself without noticable effect. That said, I tend to scrap hoods every few generations when a new shiny concept enthuses me, so take that into account. Short-term, it's no drama. Long-term, I couln't tell you.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2007 October 26, 13:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But what if I make a "Test" family with three sisters (Ann Test, Bea Test and Cat Test) and want to play only with Cat and transform Ann and Bea into townies with the teleport schrub ? Will they stay related to Cat as sisters ? Will they keep their family name ? It will cause any damage to my game or to my saves ?

Ce n'est pas un problem.  Par example, j'ai une femme sim et sa fille dans mon neighbourhood.  La femme est playable, mais sa fille est une townie teen.  Elles ont encore leurs relations intacte.  Il n'y-a aucun mauvaises resultats pour les saves.  Ce pourrais etre un situation ou la playable sim devrai age et sa fille serai encore une teen, mais cette situation n'est pas un problem pour le game.  Je n'expecterai pas des problemes dans la situation vous avez decriver, sauf que les soeurs ne devraient pas plus vieilles.  Le nom de famille ne devrai pas changer a cause de ces actions et va reste intact.

(SVP excusez mon trez mauvais francais, et la manque des accents sur les mots)

English summary:   There should not be a problem with keeping the relationships between the sisters, or the family names intact, other than the fact that the playable sister will age and the townie sisters will not.  I have done this often and it has never caused game errors or save problems.

Tribulatio proxima est
Catioucha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2007 October 27, 12:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ce n'est pas un problem.  Par example, j'ai une femme sim et sa fille dans mon neighbourhood.  La femme est playable, mais sa fille est une townie teen.  Elles ont encore leurs relations intacte.  Il n'y-a aucun mauvaises resultats pour les saves.  Ce pourrais etre un situation ou la playable sim devrai age et sa fille serai encore une teen, mais cette situation n'est pas un problem pour le game.  Je n'expecterai pas des problemes dans la situation vous avez decriver, sauf que les soeurs ne devraient pas plus vieilles.  Le nom de famille ne devrai pas changer a cause de ces actions et va reste intact.

(SVP excusez mon trez mauvais francais, et la manque des accents sur les mots)

English summary:   There should not be a problem with keeping the relationships between the sisters, or the family names intact, other than the fact that the playable sister will age and the townie sisters will not.  I have done this often and it has never caused game errors or save problems.
Thirst of all, it's very kind of you to write in french and I understand everything, thank you very much Cheesy

So I imagine I can make a few families with grand father, father and son, and transform into townies the granpa and the father to play only with the son. I'm right ? By the way it's weird that the townies don't get age...  Embarrassed It's a lack of realism... But it won't be a problem. I suppose that if my playable sim fall in love with a townie girl and marry her, she will become playable too and begin to get older, didn't she ?

I can do the same thing to make downtonies for the downtown, and to make townies for the university 'hood (I read in this topic that I must create young adults and transform them into "townies" to do that), but in what neighborhood must I be ? In my main neighboorhood ? Or in the Downtown one (for donwtonies), or the University 'hood (for the young adult townies) ?

In fact I don't really understand if the townies I will create are exclusive to the neighborhood in witch they have been created... and I don't find the words in english to make my question more precise ::)I hope you'll understand... Cheesy
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2007 October 27, 14:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I imagine I can make a few families with grand father, father and son, and transform into townies the granpa and the father to play only with the son. I'm right ? By the way it's weird that the townies don't get age...  Embarrassed It's a lack of realism... But it won't be a problem. I suppose that if my playable sim fall in love with a townie girl and marry her, she will become playable too and begin to get older, didn't she ?

Exactly right.  Only the sims you are playing get older.  If you leave sims in on a lot and never play them, they will not age either.  If your sim marries a townie, the townie becomes playable and will age when you play that family.

I can do the same thing to make downtonies for the downtown, and to make townies for the university 'hood (I read in this topic that I must create young adults and transform them into "townies" to do that), but in what neighborhood must I be ? In my main neighboorhood ? Or in the Downtown one (for donwtonies), or the University 'hood (for the young adult townies) ?

To make young adults (etudiants pour le universite) you must be using the CAS for the university - you must enter the university sub-neighbourhood that is attached to your main neighbourhood, and create students.  It is not possible to create young adults in the CAS in the main neighbourhood.  Young adults are not related to each other.  You can create groups of 8, transfer them all to one lot, and export them as townies from that lot.

In fact I don't really understand if the townies I will create are exclusive to the neighborhood in witch they have been created... and I don't find the words in english to make my question more precise ::)I hope you'll understand... Cheesy

Yes - the townies you create for your neighbourhood will only exist in that neighbourhood.  If you start a new neighbourhood, you will need to create new townies for the new neighbourhood.

Tribulatio proxima est
Catioucha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2007 October 27, 14:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Youpi ! I understand everything ! Grin

Thenk you very much for all your answers ! And have a good game ! Cheesy

EDIT : Hmm... Juste a little thing... When I want to create downtonies I must be in the Downtown neighborhood or can I be in my main 'hood ?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2007 October 27, 14:46:37 by Catioucha » Logged
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: 2007 October 28, 17:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I have a problem with the DownTownies I've created after I've done all the steps. I have new face templates and color binned custom hairs. The Townies I created using the tree are fine, they have new face templates and hair but DownTownies always end up having the maxis face templates and and none of them has custom hair. I couldn't figure out why. Could you help me please?
That's perfectly normal - downtownies don't use custom face templates or hair, but always the Maxis ones. If you want downtownies you should create regular townies and transform them into downtonies with the teleporter shrub! Wink

Quote from: Catioucha
Hmm... Juste a little thing... When I want to create downtonies I must be in the Downtown neighborhood or can I be in my main 'hood ?
You can do that in the main hood as well - but beware, downtownies don't use custom face templates, so your downtownies will get the normal Maxis faces ... Sad
Catioucha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2007 October 30, 08:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I have a problem with the DownTownies I've created after I've done all the steps. I have new face templates and color binned custom hairs. The Townies I created using the tree are fine, they have new face templates and hair but DownTownies always end up having the maxis face templates and and none of them has custom hair. I couldn't figure out why. Could you help me please?
That's perfectly normal - downtownies don't use custom face templates or hair, but always the Maxis ones. If you want downtownies you should create regular townies and transform them into downtonies with the teleporter shrub! Wink

Quote from: Catioucha
Hmm... Juste a little thing... When I want to create downtonies I must be in the Downtown neighborhood or can I be in my main 'hood ?
You can do that in the main hood as well - but beware, downtownies don't use custom face templates, so your downtownies will get the normal Maxis faces ... Sad
Thanks for your answer ! I'm using a pack replacement for the default heads so I think it wouldn't be a big problem Cheesy

But it's a godd thing to know ! I will not waste my time making awesome downtonies so ! Grin

But I didn't understand what you've said about this :
If you want downtownies you should create regular townies and transform them into downtonies with the teleporter shrub! Wink
You mean if you want fully cvustomed downtonies, without Maxis elements, you need to first create simple Townies and then make them downtonies ? Huh
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2007 October 30, 13:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I didn't understand what you've said about this :
If you want downtownies you should create regular townies and transform them into downtonies with the teleporter shrub! Wink
You mean if you want fully cvustomed downtonies, without Maxis elements, you need to first create simple Townies and then make them downtonies ? Huh

Voyez page 1 de ce thread ci - le tutorial de Jordi, parti 4b (Creating townies and downtownies).  Vous avez besoin de utiliser CAS pour faire les custom sims et les installer dans le neighborhood.  Moi, je cree seulment 1 ou 2 sims par fois, pour eviter les relations de famille (le tutorial utilise un method pour faire des changements des relations avec SimPE aussi).  Quand les nouveu sims sont tous dans un "lot", c'est necessaire de les exporter utilisant "make me a downtownie" (ou quelque chose comme ca - les menus sont un peu different avec la townie tree, Insim, ou teleporter shrub).

Tribulatio proxima est
Catioucha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2007 October 31, 08:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much for all this help and for the kindness of this community Cheesy
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2007 October 31, 13:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much for all this help and for the kindness of this community Cheesy

Well.  That's something you don't see every day.  Grin

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: