More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:28:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons)  (Read 452832 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons)
« Reply #200 on: 2007 June 13, 10:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you create your own YAs in YACAS, and mark them as townies with the shrub, they become dormies.

To prevent townies and dormies from being created, use Pescado's notownieregen and nodormieregen hacks. With these in the game, no new townies or dormies will be created at all.
SimFeliz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons)
« Reply #201 on: 2007 June 13, 12:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I already use those hacks, just wanted to be 100% sure.
Wkdude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2007 June 20, 21:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question, but I can't figure out the answer. If I download SaraMK's clean Pleasantview template for custom 'hoods and follow those directions, would I still need to download the anti-regen hacks so the game doesn't create the standard townies (Goopy, Sandy, etc.)? Or would I just go ahead and create my own custom townies/downtownies (with the townie tree)?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2007 June 20, 21:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use a clean template, it won't regen the same Pleasantview townies. Without using notownieregen, it will create randomized townies as needed. They'll use the Maxis name list, so you will get Goopy and Marcela, etc, but not with the same looks and not with the same last name. If you've made your own townies beforehand, you shouldn't regen many, if any.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2007 June 20, 22:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless of course you also use a namelist override hack.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: 2007 June 20, 23:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use a clean template, it won't regen the same Pleasantview townies. Without using notownieregen, it will create randomized townies as needed. They'll use the Maxis name list, so you will get Goopy and Marcela, etc, but not with the same looks and not with the same last name. If you've made your own townies beforehand, you shouldn't regen many, if any.

Marcela? I haven't ever had a Marcela Cheesy What does she look like?

Wkdude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2007 June 21, 00:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, thanks, that answers my question. And no, I've never heard of a Marcela, either.  Huh
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: 2007 June 21, 00:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a Marcella in my avatar. Cheesy

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2007 June 21, 16:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marcela? I haven't ever had a Marcela Cheesy What does she look like?

Well, I don't have them anymore Smiley One was married to one of the Test spawn...William? Eh, doesn't matter. She was black, can't recall eye color, and had black hair that was in that chin-length cut that kind of flares out a bit. Wore one of those dresses with the hoodies. & yeah, namelist override rules all. Well, namelist override, default replacement eyes & skin tone with other geneticized skins in between. Plus default replacement face templates....most of my townies are cuter than my playables (excepting Jasmine, she's adorable, got a good mix for gen 10).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Wkdude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2007 June 22, 22:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured out how to do everything but this: for the subneighborhood templates, why is the file type ".7z"? I don't know how to open that, either.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons
« Reply #210 on: 2007 June 22, 23:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a 7-Zip file, and is generally used because it has a higher level of compression than ZIP or RAR. You can open it in WinRAR or 7-Zip.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Fuzzbucket
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Clean custom neighbourhoods + townie creation (updated for Seasons
« Reply #211 on: 2007 June 27, 05:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey! This looks like a great tutorial, but unfortunately it seems to require SimPE to create custom Townies and Downtownies and NPCs and I have a Mac. Is there any way to do this without SimPE? It sucks because I'm trying to create an all-female Amazon neighborhood, so I want everybody to be female, and thus need to custom create them.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2007 June 27, 07:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you're limited to either creating them one at a time in CAS, or using the lot debugger (or insimenator?) to change their last names.
Or you can spawn a townie per time with the tree (set gender to female), but then you have no control over name and clothing.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2007 June 27, 22:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, using a combo of blank college template and nodormie regen, does that mean the only dormies you would come across on community lots SHOULD be SS members?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2007 June 27, 22:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes - one dormie will be created for the SS, the rest should be blocked from generating.
Fuzzbucket
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2007 June 28, 05:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you're limited to either creating them one at a time in CAS, or using the lot debugger (or insimenator?) to change their last names.
Or you can spawn a townie per time with the tree (set gender to female), but then you have no control over name and clothing.

Thanks! I guess I'll try those.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2007 June 28, 13:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, using a combo of blank college template and nodormie regen, does that mean the only dormies you would come across on community lots SHOULD be SS members?

Jordi: Yes - one dormie will be created for the SS, the rest should be blocked from generating.

OK, I don't understand this.  I used blank college template and nodormieregen to create my uni.  I created a number of custom dormies (about 30 I think).  However, when a playable Sim goes to a community lot at the uni, they run into one SS member, but the other dormies there are not SS members.  In fact, my game did not generate a third SS member (necessary to allow for induction/abduction of the playables) and I had to designate a third SS member using InSim.

Jordi, are you saying that, if there are no other dormies at all (i.e. if the uni stays "dormie free" and clean), the game will create one SS dormie, even with nodormieregen?  Would it create a second and third SS dormie as well?

Tribulatio proxima est
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2007 June 28, 13:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way it should work:

Nodormieregen prevents the game from spawning dormies.
Nossrespawn prevents the game from arbitrarily spawning SS members.

Since you need to have one SS member at least for the SS to function, nossrespawn will attempt to turn one existing dormie into an SS member. If no dormies exist, one will be spawned.

On the first visit to the SS lot, the SS will be filled up to the limit (20? 30? Not sure.) with existing dormies. If you have less dormies, no new members will be spawned until all existing SS members are graduated from college, or dead.

During the SS abduction the SS member with handcuffs is actually a cop. If you already have a cop in game, he or she will be used for this purpose. Upon arriving on the lot, true SS members take over.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2007 June 28, 16:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how do you get the three SS friends to join the society? Do you have to just randomly pick your own playables?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2007 June 28, 16:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I did (sort of). I have 20 dormies (non-playables) in total, and set three of them in the SS with the pie menu.

I recently started a new 'hood, so I only have one playable family as of yet. The oldest child has just entered college (but the father I started with began as a YA, so I have it already setup).

The downside is of course that all dormies are now SS members so as soon as my Sim has three friends, he's in :/
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2007 June 28, 18:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I did (sort of). I have 20 dormies (non-playables) in total, and set three of them in the SS with the pie menu.

That was my solution as well.  I had to set at least one as SS member with the pie menu or Insim.  Now I'm just waiting for an abduction.  I'll be interested to see how many of my other nonplayable dormies end up in the SS when that happens.

Tribulatio proxima est
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2007 June 28, 18:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of them, likely. Once the SS starts filling (is first visited), it will fill the roster up to the limit. And that limit is at least 20 and may be more (I have no idea of the exact value).
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2007 June 28, 18:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I had 20 non-playable members of the SS was when I was playing around with the MaxNumofVisitors line in my userstartup.cheat file.  I normally have it set to 8, but I set it to 20 for a party.  Forgot to change it back once and a student was abducted - there were 20 SS members on the SS lot.  Normally I have 8 SS members.

If you've created your own dormies, then the SS members will be taken from the dormie pool in order of character creation.  This is the same way that the dorm fills - with dormies from the pool in order of character creation.  So for those of us who create our own dormies, the SS members will always be the same as the dormies in the first dorm.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2007 June 28, 18:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh right, that's the limit then. I should remove that entry from userStartup.cheat -- I'm using Paladin's hack to get unlimited parties anyway.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2007 June 28, 19:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reckon 8 SS members is about right for my game, for the moment.  I don't like to run more than 8 Sims on a lot at a time anyway as it seems to slow down gameplay quite a bit.  Might have to look into those dual core processor solutions offered in one of the other threads.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: