More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:15:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Pool Hack - Anti-Pool Obsession And More!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pool Hack - Anti-Pool Obsession And More!  (Read 50985 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Pool Hack - Anti-Pool Obsession And More!
« on: 2005 July 19, 04:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pertains to the swimming pool, not the pool table.

poolhack.zip

RTFM:
Pool Hack (v1b) for TS2 v1.0p2 & TS2U v1.0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Special Thanks To:
Quaxi, for writing SimPE
Fairlight the Bitch

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Visitors should no longer insist on jumping into your pool at the first
unattended moment: They will only use the pool if appropriate dressed for it,
as opposed to magically pulling their swimsuits from their butts the moment
you leave them unattended for 3 seconds and then proceeding to wander the house
soggily after you shoo them out. Sims no longer change back immediately after
chickening out from diving. Sims who are being WATCHED while diving will not be
able to wimp out anymore. People would make fun of you for that. And then push
you in anyway. Last but not least, the option to swim naked has been made
available, so if your sim is already naked, he won't change before diving.
Making your sims get naked for the task is left as an exercise for the reader.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS Hacks. Tested for TS2U v1.0.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 21, 20:32:40 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Pool Hack - Anti-Pool Obsession And More!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 19, 05:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooooh... I've been looking for new stuff to rejuvinate my interest in Simming. This just might do the trick! Well... aside from the cock/nude penis hacks I found on MTS2.  Grin Which is partially why I'm posting as I'm wondering if this might possibly interfere with other nude related hacks?

I guess there's one way to find out... Ohhh, plus! I'm the first to reply with useless, non-sensical, rambling crap! Yay on me!  Grin

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 19, 05:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a nude-related hack at all. It doesn't allow your sims to become naked, it doesn't affect anything about your sims being naked. It merely suppresses the "change to swimsuit" if your sim is already naked, thus allowing them to swim while naked. The task of MAKING your sims naked for this is left as an exercise for the reader. If you have no particular means of making them naked, this case will never come up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 19, 05:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, sweet! By allow, I thought you meant it provided a new option to let your sims get nude. I really do need to learn how to read rather than misinterpret as my brain cell so often loves to do. Cool beans. I'll give this a test drive probably after I make sure all my hacks have been updated.  Grin

Ste

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 19, 05:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I find odd is that they will jump into the pool at the slightest opportunity when they're classed as visitors, but never go anywhere near their own pools unless they're very active.  I suppose it's in the coding, but it seems that when you make a pool you're making it for everyone BUT your own Sims, which is rather silly. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 19, 06:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, especially when you consider that using the pool is basically entirely useless for visitors: They won't really gain skills off it ANYWAY, not that the pool was ever good for this, and as there is no way to gain any relationship out of the pool, it undermines the point of them visiting at all.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 19, 08:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just find the whole pool thing badly thought through - I mean, humans go in the pool and spend most of their time socializing!  And I hate the way they only ever manage three strokes before they have to stop, even if they're at fitness level 10!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 19, 11:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful, now I don't have to fence my pools in and lock them with Inge's gate anymore. I drove me batty to have all my visitors head over to the pool one second after being greeted, especiallly since the pool has no use in socializing. Sims standing outside of the pool can't even talk to swimming sims, they can call them over only. The other thing that went on my nerves is that when a sim has visitors and I choose "say goodby to everyone" the sims in the pool were not affected and swam merrily on.

I do like the pool for my sims when I want them to up their fun and keep the fitness meter up at the same time, other than that, you are right JM, the pool has little use.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Sweethrtcc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 20, 00:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cant wait to try this out...well actually I can wait since I am going to look for other hacks that you have make that I dont have. Sounds like a good one. I dont have the visitor problem they come over and never swim unless I invite them 2-3 times but they do get up on the stupid diving board then get off w/o diving in all the time.
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 22, 23:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if you could stop them from beating on each other every time they get within 10ft (punch you punch me/red hands)

I get sooooo sick of spending half my time breaking up groups of sims beating on one another in doorways and other traffic areas.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 23, 18:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The biggest compliment I can pay to this hack is that I don't  notice it's there. Now my sims do what I'd expect them to, and don't constantly annoy me by doing something weird. Nice work Cheesy.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 25, 15:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perfect! There are so many silly obsessions in this game and that one was quite annoying.

Now if only we can take care of sims obsession with musical instruments and wanting to get tips from family members. It's as if all sims aspire to be the Partridge Family Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 25, 15:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's done already. Get "No Buskers" from the main hack directory.

Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 15, 06:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I find odd is that they will jump into the pool at the slightest opportunity when they're classed as visitors, but never go anywhere near their own pools unless they're very active.  I suppose it's in the coding, but it seems that when you make a pool you're making it for everyone BUT your own Sims, which is rather silly. 

Ancient Sim - shame on you for not figuring this out, considering the obsession entertainment value you get from killing Sims.  The pool is for the mysterious pool accident trick - when they get in, you remove the ladder.  That's what it's really for.

I had some fun one day torturing good ole Mr. Pleasant for his wrong-doing of Mary-Sue.  I stuck him in the attic right outside the bathroom wall, without the no-route failure hack, until he peed himself.  The puddle never went away and the new maid (not sweet KayLynn) was forever agonizing over this unreachable puddle, until I put a temporary door there for her and then him to reach it.  They didn't realize how temporary that door really was. 

But back to the pool - it is more fun than one realizes.  I waited for Danny boy to fall asleep in the lounge chair and then grabbed him and stuck him out on top of the pool's surface of water.  Eventually he woke up because he was hungry, again no-route failure.  I just wish that he would have acutally fallen into the water from there, but making him do laps was the next best thing.   

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 16, 17:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daniel's one of my favorite victims sims, too. He's quite familiar with the magic voodoo bottle "Make Someone Pee/Daniel". Point and laugh!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 16, 21:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Val! I'm so shocked! :D. But you are right, even though most Carrigon's mods are not actually game fixes (love the no-roach disease), they are quite fun. The crystal ball cracks me up too, it's so wonderfully random.

This anti-pool obsession works like a charm. It used to make me actually angry that visitors didn't even let the home-owners talk to them. "Hello, how are ya" and straight for the pool they went. I had to take valuable time off calling them over individually and kicking them out (or, as the game puts it 'say goodbye')

The same goes with the 'entertain for tips obsession' (the dumb freestyle thing) that my knowledge sims seem to have lately, but, being the sweetheart that I am, I just blatantly ignore them, and they go away after a while. But it still raises my ire so to speak.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 17, 04:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daniel's one of my favorite victims sims, too. He's quite familiar with the magic voodoo bottle "Make Someone Pee/Daniel". Point and laugh!
It's not quite as funny when you MADE somebody pee. I prefer the humor of the incontinent dormies, who pee themselves without any provocation whatsoever and truly deserve their ridicule. They get caught up in some musical instrument-playing, pointless studying, etc., and then they stop, wave at me as if I'm somehow empowered to do anything about it, and then immediately pee themselves, much to the amusement of my sims.

Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 17, 05:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys crack me up.

Val,

Do you know that I let Daniel get fat, made him bald and wear a riduculous mask, sent him to work filthy and tired, zapped his skills, stripped him of all worldly possessions and pleasures and he still got to ride to work in that sports car?  Does Maxis show favoritism for what?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 17, 06:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Daniel kiss my sim's wife in front of the entire family causing everyone to gang up on him. The husband (see avatar) is a romance sim and didn't care, but his grown lacking-in-nice-points  son and daughter did care. It was one attack after the other, with all the rest of the family cheering my sims on. Then I made him pee and fall asleep in his urine puddle, which delighted my sims. And he still insists on coming home with Bradley (the son who hates his guts) from work every day. I think he likes the abuse.

Oh, JM, today I had a rather amusing situation with sims I don't abuse. This same romance sim's wife died while going for a swim (*ahem*), and he and his other son cried well into the night. They were having simultaneous grief and bladder desperation thought bubbles at the end. Then they peed their pants. I just laughed and took lots of pictures.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 17, 07:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what, you didn't send them to the bathroom instead of having them stand there and pee themselves? You should properly install Bathroom Uses You. And turn the seek mode on.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 17, 08:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's no fun. They wanted to mourn, so I let them mourn. And mourning always leads to peeing. At least it has at every funeral I've been to.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 17, 09:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably because in the delusional logic of the sims, the "Mourn" interaction stupidly advertises to completely false motives, probably including bladder, so the worse they want to pee, they more they keep trying it. It doesn't help. Frankly, the advertisement system is broken due to lack of feedback.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 17, 10:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes me laugh, though. That's what's important. Come on, mourning and peeing. Brilliant combination!
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 18, 02:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They wanted to mourn, so I let them mourn. And mourning always leads to peeing. At least it has at every funeral I've been to.

Valala,

Were you referring to yourself and funerals?  You said "I" and though "we" often mean "our" or "they" when playing Sims, "we" still often say "I" when in reality "we" should be saying "we" when visiting "our" virtual reality.  I think this must be part of JM's logic of 'the one'.

So, please help me sort this out - my head hurts and I am so confused:
a.  The Party attending the Funeral was Brynne?
b.  The Party attending the Funeral was Sim?
(Don't you just love that new expansion pack - finally - we can now have proper peeing funerals for our Sims)
c.  The Funeral was attending the party?
d.  The Party attending the party was Brynne?
e.  The Sim was attending a party at the Funeral?
f.  The Party was attending the Sim at the Funeral?
g.  The Sim was attending a party with Brynne at the Funeral?
h.  Brynne was attending a Funeral, but left to go to a party with Sim?
i    Who the heck peed themselves then?
j.  And why didn't they go when they were at the party? 

Ouch, my head is hurting even more now.  Seriously, what JM said fits people, too.

Those are great pictures, but I truly hate to see relationships go down the toilet.  I am positive this is why the Maxis toilets are always clogging.  Can't wait for the new one to come out - toilet that is.  What is that Sim's problem?  There is no one else in line for the Urn.  Oh, I see the lid is still on, well we can't have him take his hand away, that just won't help at all.  Wait, that nice young man is getting up to help him.  I hope the boy gets his hand away in time...

Hmm, I am looking at these pictures again.  Were they thinking dirty or otherwise impure thoughts about this lady Sim?  Both at the same time? I can't quite see...Are they playing paper, rock, scissors or rolling dice to see who gets to use the girl Urn first?  Holy Cow, gutter minds and potty mouths.

As much fun as this has been, I must go use the potty now or I will pee myself and then go take more drugs for my head, washed down with Diet Coke (-5 Bladder).

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 18, 07:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Banana,
My sims were not at a funeral. They were in grief in their own home, next to the bar. And the boy was getting up to play kicky bag. My reference to funerals was about me. Everyone poos-oops-pees (still stuck on the anti-poo thing) at human funerals.  They do don't they? My family is not weird is it? Oh, my. Maybe I'd better discuss this with them...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: