More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:03:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Sedona OFB sub-hood - an default alternative to Bluewater
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sedona OFB sub-hood - an default alternative to Bluewater  (Read 47892 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers wanted - Sedona default 'hood - an alternative to Bluewater
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 18, 09:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - I fixed the png file - that was easy. Thanks for explaining.
Now how about the moving pic in the .reia file?  Google search picked up threads on MTS2 saying it can't be done.  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=58454  Anyone know better?

Still no progress on the website.  Daughter's boyfriend got a job and son is disinclined to help.  Ah well I'm sure I'll figure something out.

No body has reported any problems, so I'll take the testing off the title soon I guess.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sedona default sub-hood - an alternative to Bluewater
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 18, 12:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Subhoods don't have reias anyway, these files only work for main 'hoods.

AFAIK nobody has cracked the format yet.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
Re: Sedona default sub-hood - an alternative to Bluewater
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 01, 00:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured out HTML - well the basics anyway - and the web page looks almost normal. 
Here are a few pics as originally requested. I figured that out too today.

So much for the .reia.  We can't do that 'hood scrolling either can we?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sedona OFB sub-hood - an default alternative to Bluewater
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 20, 20:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was this broken by Pets? I have the template in my game, but it does not appear at all.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 20, 22:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on MTS2 is saying they can't get Sedona to work and we can't figure out why between us, so could be Pets did break it. Angry     I don't have Pets to run tests, but what could have changed?  Surely they didn't mess with the file structure of Bluewater?  Seems unlikely to me, but if it was that I could fix it.  Did the date modified change on the OFB default hood when Pets was installed?  If so which files changed and how?

All I can think of to try is either 1) to add another couple of dummy's and make Sedona B005 in case it's that honking great Bluewater button that has got more solid somehow or 2) to renumber Sedona to B001 and take Bluewater out of the defaults completely.  I'm away for a couple of days, so I can try some things at the weekend.  Suggestions and volunteers welcome!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 20, 22:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

B001 itself was not changed, but the 'hood picker was. They completely disabled the list display for B00x subhoods in Pets. Bloody Maxis Shocked

I suppose renaming Sedona to B001 instead of Bluewater might work. I'll try that later this week.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 20, 22:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they screw up the Uni and NL list as well?  I've got a U004 up there as a test if you want to try it.  It's not a real hood just a test to see if it works the same way.  I don't have Uni, so I downloaded some Uni lots from MTS2 (Uni content vanished of course) and messed around with some sims in simPE.   Motoki tried a D002 for me, but I took it down after establishing that it worked.  pre-Pets though!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 21, 10:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni still works, I still need to test NL, but I suspect it is broken like OFB 'hoods are.
Only Uni shows a visible list at the moment.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 24, 11:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you take Bluewater out of the defaults, does Sedona and/or the dummy Aridia show in game instead with the current 'hood numbers?  If not, do you know if Sedona shows when renumbered to B001? 

If renumbering works, I can put a B001 version of Sedona up for download.  I can also put my test D002 online sometime this weekend if that helps check out whether NL 'hood listing was broken too.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 24, 12:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already tested that. If I replace Bluewater B001 with Sedona renumbered B001, clicking the "Bluewater" button will add Sedona instead.
NL still not tested, I have somehow messed up my vidcard drivers so can't play TS2 atm.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 November 29, 10:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have put a second version of Sedona up on my website for Pets owners.  Basically you have to replace Bluewater with Sedona instead of adding it as an alternative.  Please could someone test it for me - I don't have Pets, so if I've made a mistake, I have no way of knowing without feedback!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 November 29, 17:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, testing Sedona and your test NL for Pets.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 November 29, 18:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks Jordi - glad your video card drivers are sorted!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 November 29, 18:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Custom downtown does not appear under Pets.

Sedona is non-functional under Pets even if it replaces B001. Thumbnail remains that of Bluewater, and the 'hood itself is broken.
There are no lots, and the present families carry the Bluewater names. Characters in the \Characters folder are all from Bluewater.

The only way I can think of to get this working is to use Numenor's Base Game Starter Pro to go back to OFB, and create the 'hood and add subhoods there.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 November 29, 18:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the counter is broken for Uni, NL and OFB.  Rats.  Thanks for testing.

I can't see any obvious mess in what I put up.  If you renamed the Bluewater folder as I suggested, do you think the game is still finding the Bluewater stuff in the subfolders?  The characters are still numbered B001 after all.  What happens if you take Bluewater right out of the template folder rather than just renaming it? 

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 November 29, 18:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it works for Uni actually... my own U004 is still in the list.
Will test one more time with Bluewater completely removed.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 November 29, 18:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally some good news!
Completely removing Bluewater and replacing it with Sedona works. Just remove B001 from its current location and put Sedona there.
I just renamed put Bluewater's B001 one level higher (under OFB\TSData\Res\), so it is easy to place back.

Downside: there is no possibility to add both Sedona and Bluewater, as you can only have one B001. Then again, who needs two shopping districts….
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 November 29, 19:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brilliant Jordi Cheesy - thanks so much - I've changed the instructions on my website and MTS2.

Is your Uni going to be available for download anytime?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 November 29, 20:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not, it is boring as heck. Just a small uni with a couple of dorms, my pre-built dormies, greek house, and secret society brothel.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 November 29, 20:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downside: there is no possibility to add both Sedona and Bluewater, as you can only have one B001. Then again, who needs two shopping districts….

Actually, I was going to add a second one as a retirement village for my elders, so I didn't have to watch them die.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 November 30, 19:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game will only refer to the template folder when creating the sub-hood, right? So if I wanted to add Bluewater to Pleasantview then put in the Pets version of Sedona and add that to Strangetown, would both work properly when I tried playing them later?

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 November 30, 20:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game will only refer to the template folder when creating the sub-hood, right? So if I wanted to add Bluewater to Pleasantview then put in the Pets version of Sedona and add that to Strangetown, would both work properly when I tried playing them later?

Yes.  The actual sub-hood lives in the appropriate Neighborhoods folders in My Docs/EA GAMES/The Sims 2. The templates aren't changed by the game at all.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 November 30, 20:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured as much, but I wanted to double-check. Thanks.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 January 09, 00:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this shopping district, cwykes.  I added it to Strangetown to do the Apocalypse challenge.  I just love all the aliens, plus all the different reasonably-priced businesses. 

The only problem I've had is that when Dee and Eee Jones became teens, their faces disappeared.  I hoped they'd take on adult alien faces if I moved them to Uni, but no luck.  I had to give them face paint because hair sitting on top of nothing was creeping me out.  When I went into Change Appearance to add the makeup, the default faces were not green.  Is there any way to get back alien characteristics for their faces in SimPE or something else?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 January 09, 11:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what is wrong with them (I haven't even played this hood yet), but I do know that if you look under Sim Description - More - Sim DNA the information for alien is

eye - 12d4f3e1-fdbe-4fe7-ace3-46dd9ff52b51
skin - 6baf064a-85ad-4e37-8d81-a987e9f8da46

and I hope that helps you.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: