More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:02:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is this portal bug, spacechip car pool problem or what?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this portal bug, spacechip car pool problem or what?  (Read 3893 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Is this portal bug, spacechip car pool problem or what?
« on: 2006 September 25, 21:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm helping a simmer whose sims won't get in the car pool.  She has base game only and it's patched.   The error message she quoted was "an error has occurred with object car-hatchback 0,5'' #6 ; error: tree break encountered".
Does the error message point at a specific problem?  I don't want to start here looking for deleted portals if it's clearly an invisible spaceship, some other invisble object or some other problem entirely.  Any thoughts guys?  & thanks!

It is the Curious brother's lot and none of the guys can get in the car - it just sits there. If she deletes it, it comes back and the error is "hit break point primitive".  The maid's car is said to be working normally.  It's not a limo and it's nowhere near the mailbox.  I said I'd go look for an answer as I've helped her with other stuff.  but the thread's here if anyone is moved to reply directly.
http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html?frame_src_content=%2Fbbs%2Fmessages.php%3F%26threadID%3D23ed04c297cf99d670da4c742deef20d%26directoryID%3D341

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Is this portal bug, spacechip car pool problem or what?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 25, 21:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably an invisible object blocking the way. I would need to see the error log though to be able to tell what's going on.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 25, 21:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - I'll see if we can find anything and maybe post her error log.  Thanks TwoJeffs.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 25, 22:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd suggest installing Crammyboy's portal monitor and the FFS Lot debugger. With thee FFS Lot debugger... the user could try to reset all objects on the lot. If that doesn't fix it, they may have to turn on debug mode, reset all objects on the lot (maybe start with off-world objects?) and tediously and methodically inspect each error, to see what the object is. Any objects that might be spaceships or other vehicles you can probably safely delete. I would reset controllers and or portals rather than deleting them, since I'm not quite sure if all controllers will be re-instantiated. If this does not fix it, they may have to do the ole' move out and move back in trick to reset the lot.

One way to trouble shoot this, if it is indeed an invisible object ont he road, is to have their sims run up and down the road, trying to walk into whatever invisible object it is. If there is one, the sim might show a thought bubble with an icon of the potentially invisible object. If it's a spaceship, then you can probably burninate it with the stuck object remover. If you get the generic footprints with an X mark blocking the path... it might be some other invisible thing. You could try burninating it, but if the portal monitor complains that it was a portal that was deleted, then the person may have to quit/exit without saving and/or do the move out/move in. Tongue

Ste

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 26, 21:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions guys - sounded like a stuck object, but it turned out to be a portal.  I suggested she download Crammyboy's portal monitor and well as the stuckobjectremover, then boot up the game and have her sims check out the terrain as suggested.  That way she could tackle anything she found straight away and if she managed to delete a portal with the stuckobjectremover she would know it!   As soon as she visited the, lot, up popped the deleted portal message.  She went off and found Erzengels fix all on her own and it's done. At least it didn't turn out to be a spaceship - that seemed possible given it was the Curious brothers. Thanks again.

Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 14, 14:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where might I find this Ersengel's fix?  I'm having a problem with the secret society limo that keeps coming back to the lot to pick up my sim.  I'll try syberspunk's suggestions first...

Never mind, I found it.  It says on the thread though that if the car comes, the fix is more likely not going to work.  Well, that's my problem.  The car keeps coming back to the lot...  I can't get to the secret society.  Same thing happens at the secret society lot.  My sim got kidnapped then when it was time to go home, the limo keeps leaving and coming back.

Will someone please take a look at these error logs and see if there's anything that might help me figure this out.  Please???

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: 2006 October 14, 16:12:30 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Mooooo
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 14, 16:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does look a lot like missing portals.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 14, 20:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, it's happening at the SS lot when the sim tried to go home after being kidnapped.  It's happening also at another dorm when I had another sim try to go to SS lot.  I tried another neighborhood and going to their SS lot posed no problem.  So I'm thinking it's the actual SS lot.  But how to fix it when I can't get there...?

Mooooo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: