More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 26, 07:51:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Transfering employees between community lots?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Transfering employees between community lots?  (Read 4415 times)
IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Transfering employees between community lots?
« on: 2006 September 25, 19:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim owns a small commuinity lot, the business has expanded and as a result she has bought a larger community lot. The plan was to sell the smaller community lot, but before doing so somehow transfer the employees she'd nurtured to the larger community lot.
Is this possible? Because I really can't fathom how to do this?Huh

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Kerry
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Transfering employees between community lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 25, 20:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can transfer them -- I think you have to fire them (lay them off would probably be better) and then rehire them from the new lot.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 25, 21:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can do it either.   If you want to hire them again on another lot, you probably won't find them on the "available" list by checking the phone or computer - well I never do!  You'll have to phone and invite them over and then hire them.  I think your relationship has to be OK or they'll say no.  I'm not sure if it makes a difference whether you fire them or get them to quit.  I'd like more info on those two points.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 25, 21:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Laying them off is supposed to be less damaging to your relationship than firing them.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 25, 23:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you sell the smaller business to a playable Sim, that Sim will step in and run it - complete with inventory and employees.  If you sell it to a townie, then the townie sells the business back to the community and the inventory, etc. (and employees) are gone.

You can also transfer ownership to a household member and keep the employees and other goodies.

Any way you can add on?  Maybe a second story?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 26, 04:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will look into adding such a functionality in BRY.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 26, 10:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Laying them off is supposed to be less damaging to your relationship than firing them.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Firing them causes a REL hit (I think both STR and LTR). Laying them off on the other hand causes +REL.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 26, 12:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firing them according to Prima does cause a reduction in both daily and long term relationship and throws them into the furious state, more damaging than if you lay them off.  Even a rejected lay off interaction is less damaging than being fired, as a rejected lay off is only supposed to result in a drop in daily relationship and customer loyalty.  If the lay off interaction is accepted, it gives a small rise to daily relationship and customer loyalty.  To have the lay off interaction be accepted, there must be either a high daily relationship between the parties OR the laid off employee has 5 or more nice points.  That's what Prima has to say on the matter anyway.

I have not done extensive in-game testing of firing versus laying off to prove or disprove any of the above, as I tend to use family members as my workforce first.  Free labor is good Cheesy

I agree there is no easy way to simply transfer the workforce from one lot to another, you have to rehire them at the new lot.  Unfortunately the Sims don't understand the idea behind "changing locations" LOL. 

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 26, 12:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My observations are based on an existing game, during an actual playing session...
In other words: contrary to the crap stated in the Prima Guide (which was written when the game was still in development, and based on Maxian feedback), I've actually PLAYTESTED it. In this case, however, my observations are concurring with the statements of the aforementioned piece of junk. Truth be told, I wouldn't know about the different relationship conditions betweens employer and employee and their impact on fire/lay off. All the employees I've laid off were 100/100 with the owner, thus the REL boost.

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 26, 13:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which means in essence it only helped on the customer loyalty part then since 100/100 is the best you can do for relationship scores, even if it showed a + sign above their heads, no actual gain in relationship score took place.

This would be a tedious one to actually playtest against the guide.  You'd have to have a considerable size pool of employees, making sure they had different niceness scores, and different relationship scores with the owner, and go thru and fire them versus laying them off and see what happens.

I don't know about you, but I don't have the patience for that kind of extensive playtesting...LOL.  I don't play by the gospel according to Prima, and I do playtest against the guide as much as I can, but this one, is a bit much for me to playtest Wink

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 26, 13:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah...where's your sense of adventure?  Wink

I think I came off a bit too rough on my previous post, I hope I didn't offend you in any way. Bad day today, and I wanted to bash at something. The Prime Bologny...eeh...Guide is perfect for that!

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 26, 13:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*have a cookie and a nerf bat*  Cheesy

My sense of adventure is apparently lost in making t-shirts lately...rofl.

We are agreeing it just doesn't sound like we are.

Suffice it to say, I believe the best answer would be just to sell the lot without firing or laying off the employees, to a townie for a boatload of money, and then buying the new lot, inviting the new employees over and hiring them in person, making sure of course you have a high enough relationship that they will accept being re-hired.  Everyone wins that way Cheesy

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 26, 21:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's "laying off"?  I've only noticed "fire employee" am I missing something? 

What I usually do is just keep them working all day until they quit.  I don't know how damaging that is to the relationship, but I assumed it was not as bad a hit as firing them.  (assume -- not good testing practise)  Anyway it can't be too bad a hit, because when you invite them over to another business, you can hire them.  I guess the relationship has to be above a threshold for the hire interaction to be accepted so it probably wouldn't work with an emloyee you barely know.  I've played it, but I haven't looked at all the detail to make a proper report. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 27, 13:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's "laying off"?  I've only noticed "fire employee" am I missing something?

I played a home business last night and the option to "lay off" is present in the management menu.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: