More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:14:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  sim is frozen
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sim is frozen  (Read 5423 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
sim is frozen
« on: 2006 September 17, 17:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who is frozen,  he won't move from  the mailbox,  and when I give him a command it drops out of the quiche.   He can't communicate with others and they can't communicate with him.

Should I use the lot debugger on him or what?   I deleted him with the objects on cheat and saved the lot, exited and re-entered the house but he is still stuck.   I hate him, I can't get rid of him or kill him or anything.   What is wrong with him?    Angry
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: sim is frozen
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 17, 17:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rigor Mortis...?

Have you tried forcing an error on the Sim and/or all objects (debugger option), any messages displayed?
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 17, 17:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the lot debugger.  It should have an option like "Unstick frozen sims"  in the normal or debug menu.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 18, 00:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks guys, he is fixed now.   yeah!!!   Grin
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 13, 21:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the exact same problem on one of my lots. I -did- use the debugger (newest version), but I'm not seeing a fix stuck sim option at all -- and it's the whole darn family except one that's frozen too, so I'm not inclined to just let the buggers starve to death like statues.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 13, 21:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try turning the testing cheats on, and forcing an error on each one.  If that doesn't unstick them, then turn on the moveobjects cheat, and delete each and every one of them.  Save the lot and exit, and then go back in -- they should all be reset and standing by the mailbox.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 13, 22:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try turning the testing cheats on, and forcing an error on each one.  If that doesn't unstick them, then turn on the moveobjects cheat, and delete each and every one of them.  Save the lot and exit, and then go back in -- they should all be reset and standing by the mailbox.

All deleted with the lovely tactical nuke yellow box from this site... and all frozen by the mailbox. Perhaps this lot is simply destined to be the Medusa's garden. In case it matters, the stuck sims are all adults and adults, while the non-stuck two are a teen and a toddler (Okay, so I wasn't counting the toddler, it's not like they do a whole lot but poop and cry).
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 13, 23:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would start to look for a hack conflict, bad download, or incompatible hack.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 13, 23:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shall do that once I have eyes again for it is 2am and I am not conscious. I even tried using Monique's no move furniture shrub, move the family to the bin and back in -- and they're all still stuck. So, hack hunt it is.

In case it's of any relevance to anyone who has a suspicion they'd like to share, one of the affected sims is a plant sim. I am also seeing some odd glitches on other lots where queued actions disappear. I thought this was a case of updating the ACR, but since I already did so, no such luck.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 14, 19:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hunt complete. You were quite right, it turned out to be either one of djsims' hacks or someone called hardis. This will teach me to download things that look cool but aren't supported, I suspect. Anyhow, just wanted to thank for help and admit to my own cluelessness causing the bug.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 15, 15:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hunt complete. You were quite right, it turned out to be either one of djsims' hacks or someone called hardis. This will teach me to download things that look cool but aren't supported, I suspect. Anyhow, just wanted to thank for help and admit to my own cluelessness causing the bug.

In the case of non-awesome hacks, I always load them one at a time and test-play to see if they cause bugs that weren't there before.  That way, you can usually spot a conflict before you forget what the last thing you loaded was.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 15, 17:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do something similar -- I put any new (non-awesome Smiley )hacks in a sub-directory called 'test', and give them a couple of playing sessions to see if they break anything. Once they check out, they get moved to the appropriate creator's sub-dir.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 22, 23:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do the same thing. I have a 'holding tank' that I put all new downloads in. Once they've passed the testing phase with no problems, they go in the appropriate subdirectory of my Downloads folder. When I had the 'stuck sim' problem, I had to use another sim to move out with the affected sim, and then move the both of them back into the lot. This was before the 'unfreeze stuck sim' option existed on the lot debugger.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 30, 04:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that option has been there for some time, but it only appears if a sim is actually stuck.  If a hack conflict is causing the problem, then unfreezing with the debugger would only work momentarily, as the conflict would just freeze them again.

One reason I don't play plantsims - they have a bad effect on portals......

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: