More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 11:23:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  asking again
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: asking again  (Read 4444 times)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
asking again
« on: 2006 September 12, 14:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

any1 have the "no visitors run in the hottub" ?

i'm sorry.. but i've lost it .. i've searched it .. but can't find it Sad
so i ask for it
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: asking again
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 12, 18:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Max, I have never seen my sims runs *in* the hot tub...do you mean, no visitors run TO the hottub? Or perhaps no visitors can use the hottub? or perhaps a hack that causes sims to get out of the hottub when their motives are filled (or too low)?

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 12, 19:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, there was a hack around that stopped visitors from rushing to the hot tub when you greeted them (something that seemed to start after OFB, if I recall). I could swear I have it in my downloads, but I can't find it right now.  Let me look around a bit.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 12, 19:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a FFS hack at least, they still autonomously join the hot tub in my game.  They'll only go into the hot tub if your sim is already in it, but it could be quite annoying if you want 2 sims to be alone or something.  Squinge might have made a hack like this though.

EDIT:Squinge doesn't have a no autonomy hack, but he does have one that prevents them from staying in all day/night.
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7014&highlight=hottub
« Last Edit: 2006 September 12, 19:20:59 by MisterPaper » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 12, 19:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search and can't find it in my downloads, and the recent patches haven't addressed the issue.  But I know it was there, and I thought somebody fixed it....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 24, 13:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search and can't find it in my downloads, and the recent patches haven't addressed the issue.  But I know it was there, and I thought somebody fixed it....

Perhaps you were acutally thinking about the 'asprecharge' hack? It stops visitors from autonomously using the lovetub (and wasting its charge) unless they've been asked to join.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 24, 15:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you were acutally thinking about the 'asprecharge' hack? It stops visitors from autonomously using the lovetub (and wasting its charge) unless they've been asked to join.

Yea, that might be it, since most of my lots that have hot tubs actually have the love tub.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 25, 06:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what did the charge do anyway?  I remember it was supposed to be some kind of relationship booster, but I just treat the lovetub like a normal hottub.  I didn't realise the asprecharge tweaked the code - I thought it was just about loading points so you didn't have to keep replacing the aspiration objects.  Thanks for that.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 25, 07:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that using the love tub would make it easier for sims to woohoo with others. Theoretically lowering the required relationship threshold for acceptance? I have no basis for this other than just pulling that totally out of my arse. Tongue

But I figured there was some point to it other than getting a hot tub via aspiration, possibly faster than earning the simoleons to buy one instead. *shrugs*

Ste

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 25, 09:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from what I saw when playing my game, the love tub lowers the relationship points needed for woohoo and sims do not fall in love when woohooing. It's all I have noticed.
Pioupiou
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 25, 11:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only water relatet mod from JM that I know of is the one that stops people from going into the pool right after being greeted. I never had a problem with the hot-tub. I only use the love tubs too, mainly because mine have too many asperation points anyway. However, mine are all under lock and key, meaning that they are fenced in and locked, allowing household members only.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 25, 13:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that using the love tub would make it easier for sims to woohoo with others. Theoretically lowering the required relationship threshold for acceptance?

Yup, that's what it does, as long as the candles are lit.  After they burn out (if you don't have a hack that lets you recharge them), it just becomes a normal hot tub.

Of course, the new Casual Romance makes the love tub kinda superfluous, but it is cheaper than buying one (most adult sims have more than enough asp points to get one), and it does fill the Romance Sim want to buy a hot tub.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: