More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:20:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  mods that do and don't work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: mods that do and don't work  (Read 71477 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: mods that do and don't work
« Reply #150 on: 2005 October 12, 15:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Motoki. I was just about to paste the link. I always forget the name of that site.
Yes, it's with the woohoo starter pack.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2005 October 12, 15:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, duh to me, the dma lets you change the appearance of any visitor on your lot. No need to even make them selectable. I make them selectable if I want them to also change their swimsuits, formals, etc. But you can have your own sims buy the clothing, then click "change outfit" on the dma thingy.
Hehe, talk about charity. Smiley  Your sims buying clothes for all the poor townies.  Grin

That's what I do, Motoki.  I like the yellow burglar alarm, but I have never used the workers.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2005 October 12, 15:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. The hookers are sitting in a folder somewhere on my computer. I only downloaded the pack for the dma thingy.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2005 October 12, 16:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, I just checked and the exact name of the package file in question is "dmaOBJ_COA.package" for the outfit changer.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2005 October 12, 16:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean it's not the "dma thingy"?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2005 October 12, 16:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's different. The DMA teleports sims and lets you change every sim on the lot to wear a type of outfit (ie make them all wear formal or naked or whatever) and is yellow. This one is red and let's you buy and plan outfits for any specific sim on the lot. The DMA one comes with the workers set while this red one comes with the woohoo set. The red one also lets you give any sim on the lot surgery without having to make them selectable.

I use both because both have their uses.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2005 October 12, 16:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both, as well. I was kidding with the "dma thingy". Self-mockery. Wink
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2005 October 12, 17:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a word of advice:  Don't use the naked option on the yellow one if you have toddlers because it will cause an error when they try to jump in the air and spin around.  It's kind of funny to see.  They will get naked, but you have to reset them (if you have debug mode enabled).
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2005 October 16, 09:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: obnoxious A+ cheering - it's still going on as strong as ever in my game, even after they've popped their A+ cherry. Most annoying. Will install hack to nuke behaviour pronto.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2005 October 16, 12:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange.  No A+ dances wtih my teens and I just double checked to make sure I don't have the no cheering hack.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2005 October 16, 12:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: obnoxious A+ cheering - it's still going on as strong as ever in my game, even after they've popped their A+ cherry. Most annoying. Will install hack to nuke behaviour pronto.

As of NL, even before the patch but also with the patch installed, they will cheer on the very first day they get an A+ but not on any day after that. I can verify this because I have been running NL both before and after the patch without the nocheering hack and this has been the case. It doesn't bother me so much if I know they only do it once.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2005 October 16, 15:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but there is no lightening in the sims  Grin
I do turn my laptop off occasionally, but mostly I let it hibernate or go to standby. It stays pretty cool that way. But no constant internet access! That cable is unplugged the second I'm done online.
I  do like you do on my desktop I send it to Hibernate it turns off the computer but lets you resume windows session right where you left off the night o before.. and my internet is totally shut down as soon as I am done with it Smiley

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2005 October 16, 21:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is very strange - the cheering is definitely still going on (although the hack took care of that, no immediately discernable problems btw). I've only tested one house, though. I'm also being plagued by the A+ spam, but I'm not sure if NL was supposed to fix that or not - and I've got a teen who should be an overachiever, having been promoted to the top and gained his first A+, but no overachiever memory appears for him or anybody else in the family.

PS: The new version of the DMA COA also changes turn ons/offs for townies.  Smiley
Thraxwhirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2005 October 16, 23:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another bug issie to report here I'm afraid.

I've found that EasyBreakup causes problems. What it does is spam the sim's action queue with a command to drink a Love Potion(assuming they have one or more in their Inventory). Prior to the patch, this would then be followed by DEATH! Yikes! Not an animated death, just a winking out of existence, and Live Mode greyed out if no other sims remained on the Lot.

Now interestingly, on MTS2 some other users reportd that this hack worked fine for them, but it's possible that these users had only been running the game and playing it with sims who hadn't yet bought any Love Potions. Who knows?

Moreover, I should stress that it may be a Vampire-related issue. The only sim I have who possesses any Love Potions is a vampire. Now, this repeated autonomous potion-drinking is a bug I encountered before - the CloserFamily-OptionPatch.package created by vagrant caused this swilling frenzy too... but only if/when this sim was a vampire. Using Eric's Life State Adjustor I could toggle between vamp and human, and I found that when human this problem did not ocurr.

It was a downer incidently, as the OptionalPatch was the only part of vagrant's hack that I actually wanted. I'm not particularly eager for my sims to be incestuous, quite frankly. But the Add-on gave an option for the Opposite - ie. to allow UNrelated sims to perform the "Family Kiss" interaction. I REALLY wanted that bit of it in my game, but with NL it causes this Love Potion spam on vampires. Sad

Anyway, I THINK that EasyBreakup has those very same problems. I think it just affects vampires. Still, I'm glad I've got the patch. At least now it doesn't add killing them into the bargain.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2005 November 10, 07:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up with 8 "Made Dean's List" memories while using the nodeanspam hack (not sure if the A+ one works)

I just play tested with this, and even though I checked the code, which looks essentially unchanged on the surface, the nodeanspam hack did not prevent my sim from getting more than one memory. He has passed 3 semesters and he has 3 separate memories of getting on the dean's list.

Update on comm-skilling:

This works for dormies and townies, but not for downtownies.  I guess this is reasonable to expect at this point.  Where you *really* need comm-skilling is for dormies:  if you buy instruments for a dorm and your dormies play them, at least they'll get to the point where they don't make your ears bleed.  After playing a dorm through several students, there will be a lot of dormies with maxed creativity and they can really rake in the tips, which you collect. 

Hook

I don't remember if the comm-skilling hack has been updated to include downtownies now... I recall Motoki posting something about it... but in any case, I have to agree and disagree. Yes... dormies need skills because the cacophony that passes for what they consider "music" when they play instruments is really awful... amusing at first, but then painfully, awfully annoying eventually. Roll Eyes

But! Downtownies, and townies who roam downtown as well, also need the skills. Especially when it comes to the karaoke! Now that caterwauling is even worse than the instrument playing. Tongue

Ste

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2005 November 10, 13:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims cannot throw food at the table or feed a bite of food to another sim,  I guess it is because of the "no eat crap"  mod.   but I don't care.   I am keeping it until it is updated.  I get sick myself watching them eat that rancid food .

I am also keeping "no buskers" until it is updated.  I hate when sims come to your house and start banging on the piano and they have no skills what so ever.   Angry

About turning your computer off or not,  I am not sure what is right, everybody says something different.   I keep mine on all day and turn it off at night before I go to bed.
But I unhook my broadband connection as soon as I am finished browsing.   I have virus protection and firewall too but I am not taking any chances.    Wink
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2005 November 10, 13:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

syberspunk: Pescado updated Commskilling for NL. It does include downtownies now. The only sims it doesn't include is other playable sims who come over as guests. I made a very small change to his hack and uploaded a version that lets all sims gain skills period and that's the one I use.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2005 November 10, 17:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you call them at all? I've never seen this, my sims must not have enough enemies, can you insult enemies over the phone and keep relationships low?  Undecided
To harass them, of course. Phone Harassment is the fastest, albeit unilateral, way to slaughter a relationship. Or keep it slaughtered, as the case may be: Instant -50 to STR, and takes only a few seconds to go through. Your best friends will instantly hate you as much as your worst enemies in only 4 shots. It is the single most heinous crime a sim can commit, even worse than jealousy (which is -80, but only works once, unlike phone harassment, which can be performed serially).

With NL, calling enemies doesn't always take this course - they will chat and lose enemy points and get a little nearere to friendship.  Leave them chatting long enough, and who knows?  (But NL changed the way calling after midnight is seen by all sims as a no-no.)  Hurry up and get the game running, JM!

Zephyr Zodiac
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2005 November 11, 00:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

syberspunk: Pescado updated Commskilling for NL. It does include downtownies now. The only sims it doesn't include is other playable sims who come over as guests. I made a very small change to his hack and uploaded a version that lets all sims gain skills period and that's the one I use.

Where is the version you uploaded? I would be very interested in having it. I looked in peasantry but didn't see it there.

*also as i was tripping through the thread i went to the dma site. the misc npcs had a report fight to police thing included that looked cool. i may try it out and just thought i would mention it.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 11, 01:18:21 by PlaidSquirrel » Logged

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2005 November 11, 00:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is the version you uploaded? I would be very interested in having it. I looked in peasantry but didn't see it there.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?board=5.0

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2005 November 11, 00:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bagelnuts, that link takes you to the main Armory thread listing. That's where Pescado's comm skilling is posted (well the link to it anyway).

Here's the link to the version I posted with the minor modification to make it skilling for all:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=778.msg28313#msg28313

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2005 November 11, 00:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bagelnuts, that link takes you to the main Podium thread listing. Smiley

Here's the link:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=778.msg28313#msg28313
Im half asleep and forgot to check it thanks for correcting it

PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2005 November 11, 01:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks you guys.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: