More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 18:38:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  mods that do and don't work
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: mods that do and don't work  (Read 71508 times)
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
mods that do and don't work
« on: 2005 September 14, 04:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, tried the romance mod, which is essential to how i like to play my game,...and it prevents dates from happening....basically you can't ask someone on a date, it will just drop from the queue.  So doesn't work.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: mods that do and don't work
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 14, 04:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that this was definitely on the list of things-that-won't-work, this doesn't surprise me. Expect an update once I have the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 14, 18:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is probably the biggest reason I'm hesitant to install NL, now. I don't want to deal with all that slapping again.

Waiting for the romance mod, doo dah, doo dah
Waiting for the romance mod, oh doo dah day!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 14, 18:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Expect an update once I have the game.

Will you be having the game delivered to your bunker via Pony Express again like you did with university or do you plan to get it sooner via some more expedited method like oh, say, going to a store? Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 14, 18:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is probably the biggest reason I'm hesitant to install NL, now. I don't want to deal with all that slapping again.

Waiting for the romance mod, doo dah, doo dah
Waiting for the romance mod, oh doo dah day!

Yeah, I forgot about it last night and had an instance of it, it affected my date (not their relationship tho) and she was his rival for the date. interesting though, what sucks about it is that her relationship with him was practically at 0 when they started only the love and crush left, now its WAY down of course, and i was so excited for my in love, non commited romance sims to go downtown and get it on!

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 14, 23:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Expect an update once I have the game.

Will you be having the game delivered to your bunker via Pony Express again like you did with university or do you plan to get it sooner via some more expedited method like oh, say, going to a store? Wink

Motoki, that would require talking to actual, real people -- face to face!  Ack!  And quite possibly sunlight.  Double Ack.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 14, 23:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you people sure Pescado isn't a vamp? Grin

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 15, 00:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what he's told us about the amount of hair on his face, it's more likely he's a werewolf.   Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 15, 02:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back on topic, the phone hack unfortunately works very funky with NL so I'm yanking it which sucks because the phone is probably the single most irritating feature IMO. Sad

MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 15, 03:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put it in another thread, but since this one seems to be a bit more obvious title-wise:

The clothing tool so far seems totally functional.  I've tried it with many different age groups/lots and haven't glitched yet. Cheesy  Did I mention that it also uses the new clothing selection interface? Wink

Edited to say (off-topic) Motoki, I'm glad you came out of the woodwork! I used to enjoy reading your posts at VS--and thanks for helping to make Morrowind prettier. Wink
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 15, 03:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok guys and gals These mod work hugging hack and no cheering hak. I got sick of them jumping up and down and also the hugging wipes the cue so I am pleased that they both work
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 15, 03:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard somewhere that Nightlife got rid of the constant A+ cheering thing.  I would be interested to know if this is actually true.  Are you sure it's the hack that's working and not a feature of the game?  I'm just curious. Smiley

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 15, 03:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one more right into the list:
The lesswhiny hack kills the free-will. Every sim "jumps" whenever an autonomous action is queued. They can't do anything autonoumous.

In the other hand the following hacks seems to work just fine:
manual-navigation
noroutefail
callover
coffecuphack
punchcuphack
ManPeeStandingHack

The following two i thinkthey work fine, but have to do more testing:
gardeningfun
frontdoorhack
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 15, 04:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one more right into the list:
The lesswhiny hack kills the free-will. Every sim "jumps" whenever an autonomous action is queued. They can't do anything autonoumous.

You know, I was wondering what the hell was causing that because I yanked out everything that Clean Installer lists as global (in red) and less whiny wasn't showing up as global according to it so I thought it was safe. Sad Well I guess I have to go back to putting up with the temper tantrums again. :p

Oh and MokeyHokey thanks for the kind words. Smiley I actually haven't modded for Morrowind in ages but perhaps Oblivion will lure me back away from Sims 2. Wink

Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 15, 04:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phone hack may be a problem, I will look more into it tomorrow...there is the option to call matchmaker but after clicking it on the phone menu, nothing happens.

Another weird thing: I dont have baristas/waiters/bartenders/ maitre d's/cooks...they arent there; clicking on the podium to be seated just goes away, no action available
although there was this floating semi-invisible face I think was a bartender   Undecided

Another problem is I cant 'scope room'.

and after I drove to a Downtown lot, I couldnt click my car to go to another lot; i had to call the cab...but when I got in the cab to go home, I came back home driving the car I left with...but I was a cab   Huh

Im gunna ditch everything and try adding them one by one: something is causing this weird stuff cause it didnt occur without CC enabled.

one good thing is the voodoo bottle & merolas multi painting seem to work
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 15, 05:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I was wondering what the hell was causing that because I yanked out everything that Clean Installer lists as global (in red) and less whiny wasn't showing up as global according to it so I thought it was safe. Sad Well I guess I have to go back to putting up with the temper tantrums again. :p

Ha, yes yes, this was kinda annoying to figure out, it seemed completely harmless.
I had to take one hack at a time to figure out this one.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 15, 09:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you people sure Pescado isn't a vamp? Grin
Silly Virgali.  Pescado IS a vampire.  He's said so! Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 15, 09:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that run to class works. and now after a few hours of testing no eat crap does as well

« Last Edit: 2005 September 15, 11:42:50 by Meek_Monkey » Logged
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 15, 19:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does payatbox.package still work?  Kind of afraid to try it.

I have the FFS Lot Debugger in my game still, since I had some non-Uni sims I wanted to upgrade.  I haven't tried any of it's other functions, but upgrading their want slots hasn't caused my game to explode into a big fire ball visable from space.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 15, 20:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Baby Controller doesn't seem to be working properly.  All the adults are rushing to see to the baby as they would without it, but when they get there the instruction is cancelled out, presumably by the Controller.  So it's sort of half-working, I suppose.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 15, 21:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noroadpillows seems to completely disable pillow-fighting. (For that matter, TJ's no indoor kickybag disables kickybag as well)  Darn.  How will I ever survive without insane, constant pillow-fights and kickybag all over my downtown and residential lots?  Grin
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 15, 22:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noroadpillows seems to completely disable pillow-fighting. (For that matter, TJ's no indoor kickybag disables kickybag as well)  Darn.  How will I ever survive without insane, constant pillow-fights and kickybag all over my downtown and residential lots?  Grin

Excellent! That's the best reason I've seen for me to buy Nightlife.  Cheesy
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 15, 22:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another weird thing: I dont have baristas/waiters/bartenders/ maitre d's/cooks...they arent there; clicking on the podium to be seated just goes away, no action available
although there was this floating semi-invisible face I think was a bartender   Undecided

You wouldn't happen to have Christianlov's "All in One NPC" hack, perchance? While I wasn't carefully disabling my hacks, and disabled a few others I can't remember when I got rid of that one,  in the purge where I got rid of that hack, the waiters started showing up again.

My biggest current problem seems to be that Maids and Gardeners stop after cleaning/clipping one thing. More examinations appear to be needed.

Oh, and "Ask..." seems to be a Romantic Interaction. How I hate that.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 15, 23:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and "Ask..." seems to be a Romantic Interaction. How I hate that.

Yes, I learned this one the hard way. I can't wait for JM's romance mod to be updated. Its so annoying worrying about stupid sims getting slapped because one had a crush on another simply because they asked how money they have or what job they work at.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 15, 23:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I wasn't expecting "what skills do you have?" to cause my Sim to develop a crush. I didn't bother with any of the other questions after that.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: