More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 13:04:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Made food for family / Guests
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Did you wish that some one will made that hack ?
Yes - 9 (37.5%)
Nope - 6 (25%)
what's an hack? - 1 (4.2%)
This hack has already been done. - 8 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Made food for family / Guests  (Read 8133 times)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
Made food for family / Guests
« on: 2006 September 15, 11:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you think about an hack that will :
When a sim go for lunch/diiner/breakfast, this will check how many sims, child or more aged are present on the lot.
if the count are up than 2 or 3 the sim will prepare a multyportion, eaven not, he/she will prepare a single portion.
that's all.

i can't made it but maybe some one here ....  Grin
travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Made food for family / Guests
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 15, 12:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd prefer a hack that checked how many hungry sims were around, and then made that many portions. TBH, I'm pretty sure that what you're asking for has already been done. Possibly mine has too.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 15, 12:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dizzy2's Smart Serve.

Minor OFB problems relating to bakeries, no other issues.
Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 15, 12:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted no because I don't feed my Sims at all since the arrival of the Snapdragon and, since this is the case, I don't see why I should feed the visitors. I only have visitiors to fulfill career criteria or specific wants, in any case.

Not dead but gone by four.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 15, 13:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed my sims with high niceness will make a group meal sometimes anyway.  Usually when the others in the house are about to go to bed, so the food sits there and gathers flies unless I put it into someone's inventory.

With the OFB inventory system, you could make some group meals ahead of time (and simultaneously satisfy those silly "learn to make this type of food" wants that family and knowledge sims roll up), stick them into a sim's inventory and serve as needed.

In my houses without snapdragons I get my pregnant sims to spend some time making several platters of food (using the "make many..." option) in case their hunger drops too low.  When the resulting offspring ages to child I move the platters to the child's inventory, in case the child needs feeding when the adults are busy.  Often those platters of food are still in the sim's inventory when that child is a pregnant adult, and then get passed down to their offspring.  Platters of food can last several generations in my game.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 15, 13:07:42 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 15, 13:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Platters of food can last several generations in my game.

Hmm, not sure that's an inheritance I'd want in RL. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 15, 15:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't need one because I don't feed my Sims. 

Snapdragons....
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 15, 15:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have so many snapdragons around I didn't manage to potty train my latest toddler.  His bladder was just never full.
The only sim I actually feed is my Grilled Cheese zombie.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 15, 15:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't manage to potty train my latest toddler.  His bladder was just never full.

Yeah, that can be a problem so I've made sure that each nursery is far away from any snapdragons and that the crib is placed along a wall furthest away from the door in the room. Gotta keep that SmartMilk flowing!
travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 15, 17:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try placing a couple of snapdragons next to the crib. Then, when it sleeps, it recharges happily. When it's fully awake, you just let it play with toys outside the radius, and the bladder will drop along with energy. Keep a vague eye out and send a trainer off as needed. I have no trouble feeding smartmilk when they're not hungry, so it works well enough.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 15, 17:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since toddlers cannot get fat it doesn't matter if they're not hungry. =P

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 15, 17:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since we can put food in our inventories, that's what i usually do.  I also limit the kitchen to 1 person in the household, that way I don't get too many sims in there preparing food.

Works well enough for me anyways.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 15, 18:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other issues include pregnancy and giving mush to hungry toddlers. Plus, there is the issue of sims at work or school (and they may or may not be hungry when they arrive). Smart Serve also attempted to give children the ability to cook for themselves (some kids IRL do cook better than most adults, after all but Maxis has a lot of stupid ideas about what sims should or shouldn't be able to do).

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 15, 19:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try placing a couple of snapdragons next to the crib. Then, when it sleeps, it recharges happily.

Will try that, after the potty training is done.  I try to time the transitions so the kid can be potty trained on the first outing. 

More important to be able to pee/poop on your own than develop charisma!  Grin
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 15, 19:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smart Serve also attempted to give children the ability to cook for themselves (some kids IRL do cook better than most adults, after all but Maxis has a lot of stupid ideas about what sims should or shouldn't be able to do).

Don't remind me. I had to get rid of the mod, because it interfered with my OFB style, and I miss the kids cooking aspect dearly. If it could be split off somehow...

Wink Yeah, I know you don't support your mods anymore, and who can blame you. After being mostly dead and all that jazz -- plus the everchanging concepts with each EP.  I wonder if there is another mod out there that lets kids cook.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 15, 19:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since we can put food in our inventories, that's what i usually do.  I also limit the kitchen to 1 person in the household, that way I don't get too many sims in there preparing food.

Inge's no-autonomy fridges work well too to restrict the 'rush to cook food when you get home from work' syndrome.  With one of these, they only cook when you direct them to, either manually or with Macrotastics.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 15, 19:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if there is another mod out there that lets kids cook.

There's modded kid stoves all over MTS2 (and other places) that let them cook some foods.  My favorite was the one that lets them cook pizzas, though after a while I had to take it away because the family had enough pizzas to last 2 or 3 generations. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 15, 20:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't remind me. I had to get rid of the mod, because it interfered with my OFB style, and I miss the kids cooking aspect dearly. If it could be split off somehow...

Wink Yeah, I know you don't support your mods anymore, and who can blame you. After being mostly dead and all that jazz -- plus the everchanging concepts with each EP.  I wonder if there is another mod out there that lets kids cook.

The main problem for getting kids to cook was supplying all the anim strings and fixing the height problem with the stepstool. It involved severe modification to the fridge globals, so blending it with smart serve made sense. The problem is, Maxis keeps changing the fridge global (pile kludge on top of kludge on top of kludge till their damn AI is totally unreabable). It probably could be split up, but it's just more work than I want to do at the moment.  Tongue

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 16, 00:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Joe, but I know about the kid's stoves - I believe I had the same pizza overload as you did, as a matter of fact Cheesy. I think I even have one from Carrigon that lets them cook. But I liked the Dizzy mod. Granted, the kids could only 'serve' food, but at least it granted the kids the opportunity to cook something when they were hungry.

That's funny Dizzy, that's sort of how my kids clean their rooms: Open the closet and pile junk on top of junk on top of junk. In the end, no one knows what's in there anymore. Grin

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 16, 13:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack has already been done

yes but it's completly different, it didn't work, it's a cheat Tongue
the hack should check how many sims are in the lot, if more of 2 and both are hungry it will prepare food for all Tongue

it's a waste of resource and time that the first sims made some food for him, and the second sims made food for him and for child, the first should made food for all and stop .. Tongue
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 16, 17:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Max, food is just wasted in abundance. It's nature. Trees do it to avoid being predated out of existence and animals do it because they can't help it. At some point you have to just accept this as part of life. In my hack, I actually thought about considering family budget as one factor to consider (lower budget = less waste), but it just isn't all that realistic to expect sims not to waste.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 September 16, 17:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a slightly off topic sidenote, there was a Time article a couple/few years ago that talked about obesity and income. You're more likely to find junkfood and wasteful meals in lower income houses than in high income houses where they tend to eat better and healthier.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 16, 17:37:27 by Orikes » Logged

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 September 16, 17:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're more likely to find junkfood and wasteful meals in lower income houses than in high income houses where they tend to better.

Time's "analysts" must have overlooked Washington D.C. when Congress is in session.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 September 16, 17:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What we in the US call "low income" in most other countries would be counted as wealthy.  Tongue

Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 September 16, 17:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Macrotastics can dole out servings of group meals in Sim inventories as and when they are needed. I think the only conditions are that the Sim with the food in inventory needs to be on the lot and that the hungry Sim's cooking abilities are inferior to the food that is available in inventory. So you could just cook one or two group meals in advance, place them into inventory and the family will eat on that throughout the day. It's not quite the solution you wanted but it might be a good substitute, although guests would be a problem. When a toddler grows into a child I usually get the parents to toss 2-3 group meals into his inventory and turn auto power idle on. That way the child feeds himself until he becomes a teenager.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: