More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:21:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Earn 100K Lifetime Want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Earn 100K Lifetime Want  (Read 19751 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Earn 100K Lifetime Want
« Reply #25 on: 2006 September 15, 11:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't know why that doesn't count.
Ask someone more awesome.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 September 15, 14:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I didn't know that the lifetime want could be fulfilled in one shot, by having some stupid townie purchase a lot priced at 100K!, silly Maxis...
I won't fulfill it that way though, to easy, at least not yet... Wink
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 September 16, 02:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't earn an inheritance. Well, unless it's a situation like a Caliente marrying Mortimer Goth or something.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 September 16, 06:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't earn an inheritance. Well, unless it's a situation like a Caliente marrying Mortimer Goth or something.
Hey! Cowplants don't just drop from the sky, you know. Nor do swimming pool ladders disappear of their own accord. Damn straight they earn their inheritance.

Three cheers for the rubbish Sim cops.

Not dead but gone by four.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 September 16, 07:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only get inheritances through deaths from old age - nothing else.
Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 September 16, 08:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn! That's blown my pose as a hard-core maniac. Truth is, I have never actually killed a Sim before their time. Now you all know I'm just a big girl's blouse.  Embarrassed

Not dead but gone by four.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 September 16, 14:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you COULD have Mr. Big or The Diva move in, bring their millions with them, and then they have an, umm, 'accident'... Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 September 17, 01:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had one of my Sims marry The Diva, she didn't bring in a lot of money as I thought she would.   Roll Eyes

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 September 17, 01:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use Rodney's (?) Death Creator to old age them to death. But that's too easy.  Tongue
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 September 17, 21:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had one of my Sims marry The Diva, she didn't bring in a lot of money as I thought she would.   Roll Eyes

There used to be a bug that caused Mr. Big and the Diva (and maybe most downtownies) to bring in some rediculous amount of money.  I have a hack called 'no_lottery_movein_fix' that fixed that -- maybe it keeps Big and Diva from also bringing in the funds they're supposed to?  Check to see if you have that one.  I forget where I got it from....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 September 17, 21:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There used to be a bug that caused Mr. Big and the Diva (and maybe most downtownies) to bring in some rediculous amount of money.  I have a hack called 'no_lottery_movein_fix' that fixed that -- maybe it keeps Big and Diva from also bringing in the funds they're supposed to?  Check to see if you have that one.  I forget where I got it from....

jase did that one *uses it too*
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 September 17, 21:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I donīt think that is the case. I donīt have that fix in my game and the Diva still brought only about 70,000 with her.
But I am not sure how much she is supposed to bring with her, as I have never moved her or Mr. Big in before. Can anybody tell me how much they are supposed to bring with them?
Maybe it is random.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 September 17, 23:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, 70k IS a lot more than the average townie brings in (usually between 1k and 18k if your sim is lucky).  It may be a random amount -- I haven't had any sims move in either of them yet, but I do have one who's on the hunt. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 September 17, 23:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is, borked ratio or altered in later releases after NL due to Maxians changing their mind based on field studies of real-life Divas and Mr. Bigs. Tongue

Does moving 'The Slobs' in come with benefits - dental plan, infestation or new life direction?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 September 18, 01:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does moving 'The Slobs' in come with benefits - dental plan, infestation or new life direction?
I think you get $19, which places you slightly shy of half a pizza.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 September 18, 02:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that slobs carried Renuyu-chugs. Haven't moved one in to find out.  Grin

Slightly off-topic, but how much money does a sim need to be considered rich? I've never been able to fufill that want.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 September 18, 02:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that slobs carried Renuyu-chugs. Haven't moved one in to find out.  Grin

Slightly off-topic, but how much money does a sim need to be considered rich? I've never been able to fufill that want.
All nonplayable sims carry Renuyu chugs when moved in. To be rich, a sim needs to bring $50K, but it doesn't count for special sims like Big/Diva due to various bugginesses in coding.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 September 18, 03:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if I remember correctly, the "rich" sim also has to wait to move in untill they marry, if moved in and then married it dosen't count
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 September 18, 12:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me neither.  I even recently reloaded the game on my laptop and started with a fresh Pleasantview.  Dina Calliente got engaged and married to ol' Morti as he stood on the sidewalk, and even she didn't have the 'marry rich sim' want filled.  I did it for her... Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 September 18, 13:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the memory appear when the married Sim has typically hit greater than 100k which was obtained through the Captain Hero chance card (50k sum).
The "Earned 100k" or "Earned Lots of Money" memory may have to be present to validate the 'Marry a Rich Sim' criteria.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2006 September 18, 13:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "earn 100K" is related to the fortune sims. In the basic TS2 it was an obssessive  want, now it is a life want.

If you don't have OFB, you can earn it only by writing a novel, and selling it. For this task, your sim has to have 10 creativity skills. Writing a novel takes long time (at least 14 sim days), and not each sell gets 100K.

I've got base game and OFB only.  Base game doesn't have LTWs, and this doesn't exist as a LTW in my game now I've added OFB.  I don't think I've seen it as a normal want either.  I think it came in with Uni. 

I've never got 100k for a novel sale either.

....... how much money does a sim need to be considered rich? I've never been able to fufill that want.

I have a notepad file quoting Pescado:

"Okay, the definitive requirements for "Marry a Rich Sim".

Your resident sim will satisfy this want if the following conditions are all met:
1. The sim being married into the family lives on another lot. The other sim must live on a DIFFERENT lot, and must not be in the fambly bin.
2. The sim moved in must bring at least $50K in cash. The amount of cash brought is equal to 10% of the original family's cash reserves, or the entire networth if that sim lives alone.

The sim moving in will satisfy the want if the following conditions are met:
1. The family that the sim is moving into has a networth of at least $50K, including the value of furnishing, home, and cash reserves.

Otherwise you fail. It has nothing to do with memories of how much money a sim has earned, etc., etc. This is it. It is purely determined by networth/money added to family, with aforementioned "must not be in the fambly bin" caveat. End of story.""
« Last Edit: 2006 September 18, 16:11:48 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 September 18, 16:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. Then the reason that Dina didn't get the want fulfilled in my new game is that I played the Goth lot first, and did some things that dropped their worth below 500k.  So Mortie moved in with about 49k.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 September 18, 18:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have moved in a Mr. Big/Diva at least 3 times and each time they have brought 70,900 simoleans exactly, which as stated previously is much more than any other townie, downtownie, or NPC brings to the household.  I just assumed this was a fixed amount.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 September 18, 19:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may well be a fixed amount.  I have a sim that's very close to getting the Diva to move in with him -- I'll see what happens when she does.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 September 19, 18:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved in the Diva a few days ago, she bought in about 70k.  If you add up all the other items which come in the inventory (telescopes, dj booth etc) then you could easily say it's over the 80k mark.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: