More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:37:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197614 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #400 on: 2005 October 18, 06:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did lots of random generation of sims before the children were born, I'm not sure if it's OK to use Pescado's auto sim generator in NL yet.
I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible with NL.  All it does is generate a random number of sims and then discard them, just like you had gone into CAS, but the lot debugger does it for you.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2005 October 18, 08:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spose, I'm a bit cautious since I lost a n'hood. I've been creating townies anyway so it worked in well at the time. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2005 October 18, 10:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i found more bugs. where can i report this in the offiial site? is that thread still on?
the cheap microwave don't satisfy the want for buying microwave
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2005 October 18, 12:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i found more bugs. where can i report this in the offiial site? is that thread still on?
maybe its because the "cheap" microwave  isnt a microwave oven Tongue  there is only one microwave oven in the game. and one toaster oven. it doesnt sound like that's a bug to me .it sounds like whatever it is in the game that checks to see if wants are fulfilled or not is correct. a toaster oven and a microwave oven are two totally different appliances

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2005 October 18, 13:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm I've used Pescado's random child generator feature of the lot fixer with NL both pre and post patch with no problems and the children did indeed have stats that were varied. Smiley

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2005 October 18, 16:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm I've used Pescado's random child generator feature of the lot fixer with NL both pre and post patch with no problems and the children did indeed have stats that were varied. Smiley
thanks for the Info off to download now

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2005 October 18, 20:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe its because the "cheap" microwave  isnt a microwave oven Tongue  there is only one microwave oven in the game. and one toaster oven. it doesnt sound like that's a bug to me .it sounds like whatever it is in the game that checks to see if wants are fulfilled or not is correct. a toaster oven and a microwave oven are two totally different appliances
Oh, i did not realize this. hehe Smiley
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2005 October 18, 20:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt either until a fortune sim I had kept spinning the microwave want after I purchased about 10 of "cheap" microwave ovens for  this sim  she wasnt satisfied so I decided to look at the appliance description and discovered my unhappy sim was the proud owner of 10 toaster ovens and 0 microwave ovens Grin

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2005 October 18, 22:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt either until a fortune sim I had kept spinning the microwave want after I purchased about 10 of "cheap" microwave ovens for  this sim  she wasnt satisfied so I decided to look at the appliance description and discovered my unhappy sim was the proud owner of 10 toaster ovens and 0 microwave ovens Grin
Wow, I suddenly feel a little smarter all of a sudden. Wink
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2005 October 19, 16:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have 1/2 a bug, the see through dormies that were unselectable before are now selectable, but they are still transparent. weird. but the final exam thing seems to be better so far.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: 2005 October 19, 17:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran into something last night which was really odd.  I moved a family and since they had a tombstone on their lot I put it in my sim's inventory because I didn't want to leave it behind.  When my sims moved into their new home, the tombstone was sitting on the lawn.  When I went into Buy Mode and picked it up it had the name of the fellow who was dead, like they normally do.  However, that's not where the weirdness came in.  When I was taking things out of the sim's inventory I found another tombstone in there!  I took it out and when I picked it up all it had on the description was "Rest in Peace" with no name or anything.

I don't know whether the following is a bug or a new feature, but I will say I hate it, either way.  Previously (I think this showed up post-patch because I don't remember it happening pre-patch) when I moved a sim to another home their aspiration meter would be set where it was when they were evicted from their old home.  Now their aspiration meters are being re-set when they move into a new house, set just like a newly-made sim, down near the bottom of the green level.  This really stinks, too, especially when they get moved in with enough time still to get to work and they're ready for a promotion and you want to send them to their jobs.  The first time this happened I thought it was something I did.  The second time I know it wasn't something I did--it's in the game.

I found more objects that become problematic after they're put in inventory and moved.  Thanks to my sims' ex-roomie's dating prowess they had a ton of 'gifts' from his girlfriends so when they moved they had a lot of big stuff.  Mainly this problem occurs in large objects, both regular buy objects AND aspiration rewards.  I've not seen it in one- to three-tile objects.  Anyway, the following items couldn't be placed properly against walls after the move:  Eclectic Energizer, Renu-U-Sensor Orb, double bed, Su-Tove Armoire, piano, karaoke machine and above-ground hot tub.  In the past I've had problems with the punching bag too, but this family didn't have one of those.

Oh, I almost forgot!  The thumbnail for the cheap ceiling lamp wasn't showing up when they were in the inventory after they move.

Now I just need to report all this stuff Maxis.  Ugh!  You know, they really should be paying all of us 'Beta Testers'! 

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2005 October 19, 18:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I just need to report all this stuff Maxis.  Ugh!  You know, they really should be paying all of us 'Beta Testers'! 
You got that right!  We shouldn't be paying them for the privilege, they should be paying us!
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: 2005 October 19, 20:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a bug as such, but when you're managing your groups it is possible to create a group which, because of the particular schedules of those in the group, can't actually meet up in full.  For example, if you include someone who's pregnant, you can be assured that they won't be able to come along, although this is not checked when determining Sims who will randomly visit downtown lots, probably because an entirely different routine is used for that.

Of course, pregnant Sims will not stay pregnant forever, and eventually you will hit upon a time that is good for everyone in question, but it would be useful to know in advance if there is actually any point in calling the nine Smiley

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2005 October 19, 20:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eclectic Energizer, Renu-U-Sensor Orb, double bed, Su-Tove Armoire, piano, karaoke machine and above-ground hot tub.

Add the candy machine you get in the culinary career.

I've gotten to where I don't like to move objects in Sims' inventories.  Damn shame, really, as that's obviously what they're for.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: 2005 October 19, 23:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NPCs and portals
does anyone know if the patch cleared up existing NPC portal problems properly? 
I gather it fixes the glitch Crammyboy found where cancelling a "read to ...." interraction sometimes deleted a portal, but I have seen a couple of Simmers whose gardener went home without doing anything and one of them seems to have lots of glitchy NPCs still around post patch.  Logically, if the portal is fixed, they should all have gone home, but have they really?   
Can you safely use Merola's mirror or the teleporter shrub to check for invisible stuck NPCs?

I've also had mad scientists missing work when they weren't supposed to go - FYI this is in the base game as I don't have Uni or NL.

Yes, the patch fixed the portal getting deleted bug.

thank you, but what I'm asking is - if you had a bugged lot and installed the patch Have all those stuck NPCs really gone?  They now have a portal to leave through, but did they use it?   I'm trying to help a technically challenged simmer and I need to know if I can assume absolutely that he hasn't got any left over problems from all those nannies running around in their underwear. 

I've also asked a couple of times if Maxis is going to update the base game patch as a lot of the problems came from there.   I guess the silence isn't encouraging....

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2005 October 20, 11:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eclectic Energizer, Renu-U-Sensor Orb, double bed, Su-Tove Armoire, piano, karaoke machine and above-ground hot tub.

Add the candy machine you get in the culinary career.

I've gotten to where I don't like to move objects in Sims' inventories.  Damn shame, really, as that's obviously what they're for.

Hook

I havent developed that bug yet Knock on wood. but I now have  a bug when my sims are at uni.I know longer get the warning that they have class in one hour and hence unless I check the schedule in the job area my sims dont automatically go to class. Its a pain as I have  4 sims at SSU that are I control. fortunately I have  2 sims that have ckass at the same time in the morning and 2 in the afternoon

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2005 October 20, 15:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I havent developed that bug yet Knock on wood. but I now have  a bug when my sims are at uni.I know longer get the warning that they have class in one hour and hence unless I check the schedule in the job area my sims dont automatically go to class. Its a pain as I have  4 sims at SSU that are I control. fortunately I have  2 sims that have ckass at the same time in the morning and 2 in the afternoon
Jase had a patch for this at Insimenator.net, but he has withdrawn it because the NL patch fixes this.  Read it here:
http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=1742
PuppyKatt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2006 February 11, 17:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Nightlife doesn't fix anything, I'm going to sue Maxis. That's illegal to make false promises like that.

I'm thinking class action.  There'll be a lot of people in the same boat - me most definitely included!

I'm with you.  The more "patches" they come out with, the more problems I get.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: 2006 February 12, 14:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had problems with no class notifications, especially if they change majors, and it's still happening after I installed the second NL patch.  I have a dorm of eight Sims at the moment and currently two of them aren't getting notifications.  I've had to go to the extreme of writing down everyone's class times on a piece of paper and sticking it on my desk.  Now I just need to remember to look at it in time.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2006 February 12, 15:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always use the College Rampage function of Macrotastics.  They get their grade bar filled in about 24 hours sim time, which includes writing a term paper and going to class.  After that, it really does them no good to go to class, so I actually find the Go To Class action annoying because I have to cancel it out all the time, and they will still sometimes sneak off to class if I don't catch them, which is a waste of time.  I usually bump up the time of their final exam early so they don't have to wait two days to take it, unless I have something else planned for them to do during that time.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2006 February 15, 04:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you removed your downloads folder and tried it with no hacks/downloads?

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2006 February 15, 11:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I've had this problem is when there have been out-of-date hacks in my game.  Removing your hacks is a good place to start.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: