More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 03:09:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197960 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #200 on: 2005 September 20, 07:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did u try firing and rehiring him or her
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2005 September 20, 07:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet.  I'm gonna check on the hack situation, then resort to firing/rehiring.

Not sure why I'd need to do that though, the maid still (kinda) does her job.

<insert witty comment here>
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2005 September 20, 07:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that does not help try moving out and back in.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2005 September 20, 08:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more thing: after using a mirror to "change appearance" on a sim, their clothes in their pictures appear all blurry, looking truely terrible. Same thing when using JM's buy at home clothingtool. I don't know if this is related to the large, overbloated wants/fears/memories pictures. Anyone else experience this?
I have noticed this before, and I don't have Nightlife
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2005 September 20, 08:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My theory is that it has to do with those new graphics settings: Since settings which were formerly adequate are now deemed to be crap, when your shiny graphics cards get reclassified as being crappy, the game takes crappy pictures.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2005 September 20, 08:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it is a bug with your system then. I just checked mine and I have a sim who earned the scholarship after I installed Nightlife.

oh great, now I have to find where the problem comes from.  Sad
Thank you all for replying.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2005 September 20, 10:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it might just take a while VJ I tried for it yesterday and gave up - mainly as she can't dance with her parents. It would be good to know if the smustle adds to the points in any way...

A proud thread pirate.
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2005 September 20, 15:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the sims bbs board posted a site with a fix for the karaoke bug. I haven't tried it myself but maybe someone could check it out and see if it does actually work.
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=8902ff41e0d4357077d689a766be107e&directoryID=81&startRow=1

The site is here
http://shaklin.sh.funpic.org/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=9

What causes the karaoke problem anyway? (if anyone knows) Because another bug I get is mute sims when they join in on games and i wanted to know if this was related to it.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2005 September 20, 15:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the sims bbs board posted a site with a fix for the karaoke bug. I haven't tried it myself but maybe someone could check it out and see if it does actually work.
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=8902ff41e0d4357077d689a766be107e&directoryID=81&startRow=1

The site is here

I will test it right now!

Edit: Just tested, it's working! Finally I can hear my sims singing. Excellent!  Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 September 20, 15:35:46 by VJay » Logged
Carrigon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2005 September 20, 15:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anybody try hiring the matchmaker gipsy yet? When I called her she just went to my yard and played with her crystal ball - Nothing else happened...I did try talking to her, but all I got were the usual "chat", "dismiss" and "something else I forgot" you get when talking to any service NPC such as the paperboy.
No option to buy anything, even after I increased my relationship with her...

There is one bad download that causes this, in fact, it causes all the new interactions like slow dancing to be completely hosed.  I think I traced it to an old teleporter file.  It's the one that looks like a Stargate, but it's not from Xanathon, I think the file starts with ASC or ACS.  Once I got rid of it, the game was normal again.  So if anyone is getting this problem, look for teleporter files in your downloads, I think the files overwrite the new greeting code.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2005 September 20, 16:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From a quick look through my downloads folder, is it "ascdstargateSG1teleporter.package"?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2005 September 20, 16:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet.  I'm gonna check on the hack situation, then resort to firing/rehiring.

Not sure why I'd need to do that though, the maid still (kinda) does her job.

My maid doesn't; he meanders around a bit, cleans a toilet or two and then declares he's leaving for the day...leaving spoiled food on the table, old newspapers and misc. other garbage laying around.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2005 September 20, 17:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the 'pee yellow' hack?  I read that this creates problems with the headstones all becoming platinum regardless of death type and other death related things.  I don't know how, but I read about it over at MTS2.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2005 September 20, 17:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same issue with the maid & gardener leaving early before the work is done. Next chance I have to play I'm going to try the fire/rehire thing to see if it will correct it. This was happening with hacks disabled so I'm not sure if it's related to a hack conflict or simply a bug-like the bug we had with missing bills on some lots when we installed University.

I don't have the "pee yellow" hack. Someone else mentioned here a couple of days ago the glitch it causes with tombstones (like multiplying and showing up on community lots) and weird mucky puddles appearing on community lots. It doesn't make any sense that it would affect stuff like that but I know zip about code.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2005 September 20, 17:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the 'pee yellow' hack?  I read that this creates problems with the headstones all becoming platinum regardless of death type and other death related things.  I don't know how, but I read about it over at MTS2.

Bane-child, it was me that posted that based on what Brynne said here.  Brynne is the one that discovered this difficulty.  Just want to give credit where credit is due.   Wink

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2005 September 20, 17:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, never have had that particular hack. I removed all hacks before I installed NL and I'm slowly putting hacks back in based on lists given by Boris and TwoJeffs.

edited: for typos

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: 2005 September 20, 18:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teleporters don't overwrite anything as they they don't contain semi-globals.  They could only affect those Sims who have arrived via a teleport on that occasion.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2005 September 20, 18:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the clarification Trubble.  Smiley I decided to treat myself to NL and although I'm having a total blast a few issues immediately popped up for me. So far it doesn't look as though I have the, "Look at the time, I've got to go" when you greet a visitor. But I do have teens and children who leave much earlier than before, and a few maids & gardeners have left before their jobs were done. Teens stay as long as a date lasts however, even past midnight. I've never used the maxMotives cheat but I do have Merola's Energizer and Multi painting enabled and they seem to work with no apparent problems. The only other hack I have enabled right now is Pescado's college clock. And the Maxis downloads, which I still don't understand why the game thinks they'll affect anything.

The biggest problem I'm having is what I was previously concerned about, namely the new cemetery feature. I've only been sucessful in moving the tombstones of Darleen Dreamer, Herb Oldie and Coral Oldie to Gothier Green Lawns. After I had the sim who was visiting the lot place the tombstones I expected that I'd have to go back into build & buy mode through the neighborhood view to permanently place the tombstones. It worked for them but ever since all my tombstones that I move to a community lot are visible when a sim is visiting the lot (right next to the payphone)  but invisible when I enter the lot in build and buy mode. So I can't set them up the way I'd like anymore, which is really frustrating. I can't make a nice cemetery. This happens regardless of the neighborhood I go to.

A related oddity is that now some of the sims in the Specter graveyard can be resurrected via the Grim Reaper phone. I don't know if I'd recommend it though. Willow & Creon Nigmos and Lyla Grunt came back totally bald. I was able to fix it with "change appearance" but I don't know if their files will fubar. Ichabod came back as a 159 year old elder.  Shocked And Willow & Creon come back as adults in elder skins and the only option to "change appearance" is for white hair. Even stranger, they all have complete personality files. I could have resurrected Olive's parents too if I wanted to. I wouldn't be suprised if Skip Broke could be resurrected too. I haven't tried him or any of the dead in Veronaville.

My teens won't dance with their parents either. It was previously a quick way for me to get the dancing scholarship, I guess now they have to dance with their agemates to obtain it?  Huh Bummer.

I like to keep an eye on my logs and have noticed some strange new errors in it from the most recent gameplay-
WARNING Production: Lifetime goal 0x2daaaba6 does not exist
.\source\TSWantSimulator.cpp(2042)
ERROR Production: Person NPC - Unique - Grim Reaper doesn't have an aspiration.
.\source\TSWantSimulator.cpp(3252)
ERROR Production: Person NPC - Hula Dancer doesn't have an aspiration.
.\source\TSWantSimulator.cpp(3252)

I don't understand why it matters that the Grim Reaper & Hula Dancers don't have aspirations. I can't figure out which Lifetime goal doesn't apparently exist either. Can anyone else make sense of these error and should I worry about them or ignore them?

So besides all that and the fact that my graphics resetting to default too when I start the game I'm having a pretty good time. Thanks again MaxoidTom for taking the time to look into all of this for us and helping us get it sorted out.

* Unfortunately we shipped some sims with some data that was not quite correct with respect to resurrection.  Those sims are supposed to be "unlinked," but were not marked correctly.
* The errors with the want simulator are innocuous for unique npcs.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2005 September 20, 18:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The site is here

I will test it right now!

Edit: Just tested, it's working! Finally I can hear my sims singing. Excellent!  Grin

Are you running the game in a non-English language?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: 2005 September 20, 18:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot hear my Sims singing, and I am running the UK version, if that's any help.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2005 September 20, 18:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot hear my Sims singing, and I am running the UK version, if that's any help.

For now, can you try running the game with this on your commandline? -l:English

The in-game text should be very similar to UK English.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: 2005 September 20, 19:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will go and try that now and let you know.  In fact US and UK strings are identical in everything I have looked at in SimPe!

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: 2005 September 20, 19:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup that sorted it, thanks Cheesy

VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2005 September 20, 19:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you running the game in a non-English language?

I have the french version but I've installed it in english language.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2005 September 20, 19:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Unfortunately we shipped some sims with some data that was not quite correct with respect to resurrection.  Those sims are supposed to be "unlinked," but were not marked correctly.
* The errors with the want simulator are innocuous for unique npcs.

Thanks Tom, it's good to get a better understanding of what's going on. Perhaps it's time for me to send the elder Nigmos & Lyla Grunt back to the "great beyond".

I'm still having a dickens of a time setting up a nice community cemetery. No problems sending the tombstones to the lot, either by "move to" or placing the tombstone in a sim's inventory and having them go to the lot and place them. It's screwed up for me after that. When I enter the community lot from the neighborhood view in build/buy mode the tombstones are apparently invisible. If I send any sim from the neighborhood (regular, university or downtown) to the lot, there sits the tombstone right next to the phone. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is some sort of glitch (like a new incarnation of the "undead elder" bug  Shocked). I'd love to be able to get it figured out. There's a bunch of us over on the BBS who are experiencing exactly the same problem and we're all stumped.

Thanks again for all your invaluable help. I don't think I could emphasize enough how much I appreciate it.  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: