More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 03:20:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197961 times)
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #175 on: 2005 September 19, 09:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The painting was around before the cheat was coded, so I wouldn't have thought so, but then it's not something I've looked into. I've been using the painting with no ill effects. That doesn't mean it couldn't be leading to a FBVFOS.

The maxMotives cheat isn't causing problems with everyone, which is why it's going to be tricky to reproduce and fix I would have thought. I guess that's one that's going to require some testing. I'm just not using the cheat for now.

A proud thread pirate.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2005 September 19, 09:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remembered something else from last night, but I suppose it's probably linked to the overpopulated neighbourhood problem (although, 392 character files) - Tosha got killed on another lot however it didn't register in her home lot. She was still showing on the neighbourhood household panel. The rest of the sims in that house got killed (fried) and all was fine, the lot registered as empty. If this isn't linked to the overpopulated neighbourhoods, could it be related to the new options with tombstones?

Also, whilst in that basement, which was open so they were technically outside, I had the firey decorative object and the room was on fire - vampire sims a'burnin', a few NPCs joined in the fray, stopped burning, walked up the stairs as if to leave, walked a few paces and then started burning again, setting things upstairs on fire. Not really a problem in this instance, but I thought I'd add it in anyway.

A proud thread pirate.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: 2005 September 19, 11:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the child visitors leaving too early and I've never used the maxMotives cheat.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I can't move in uncontrollable YAs anymore. I tried to have a Sim move in her student boyfriend, Mitch Indie, but only had the option to propose engagement. Once they were engaged, she didn't get the propose option at all. Couldn't even ask him to spend the night. I had to add him to the family with the Tombstone of L&D and then he didn't get all the extra slots, etc. of having graduated.

Edit to add: remembered something else I haven't seen brought up anywhere. Adults now get the interaction to gossip with children, but it doesn't work. The action cancels out immediately.

Jen
« Last Edit: 2005 September 19, 12:21:40 by jenwarren » Logged

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2005 September 19, 11:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One other thing I forgot to mention with NL: I'm not having the problem others are reporting with the karaoke machine and no voices. That works fine for me. But anytime my sim talks to a waiter, bartender, any npc like that in a downtown lot, their lips move but there's no voice. They can talk to regular sims just fine.

Played for the first time last night.  It's a blast, really, bugs aside.  I get voices fine with talking to people, but NO VOICE on the karaoke machine.  There is music, but no voice.  And I have my sound set on stereo.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2005 September 19, 13:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try setting your audio options to the max, upgrading your audio drivers, or setting the audio options to stereo in the game's options panel.  I've heard various things about this and some of these things help.

Log generated on 9/19/2005, 14:09

=== Application info ===
Name:            The Sims 2 Nightlife
Version:         1.2.0.312
Build:           ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version:      Windows NT 5.1               Edited........... (XP Professional SP2)
CPU:             2211Mhz, Name:AuthenticAMD, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory:          2048MB
Free memory:     1636MB
User:            (REMOVED)
Computer:      (REMOVED)
=== Sound device info ===
Name:            Unknown
Driver:          Unknown

=== Graphics device info ===
Number:          0
Name (driver):   NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Name (database): GeForce 6600 GT
Vendor:          NVIDIA
Chipset:         Vendor: 10de, Device: 0140, Board: 81c01043, Chipset: 00a2
Driver:          nv4_disp.dll, Version: 6.14.10.7801, GUID: D7B71E3E-4200-11CF-8A6D-CAA103C2CB35
Driver version:  7801
Monitor:         \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect:  1.333333, 4:3
Screen mode:     1024x768x32BPP,85Hz
Texture memory:  128MB
HW T&L:          Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program:   3.0
Texture stages:  8
AppControlledAA: 1

Thats my config. log the game couldnt proper recognize my OS , a Creative Audigy2 ZS with the latest Microsoft zertifyed Drivers and 2 Graficcards in SLI mode. Whats now ?  Grin     Nothing helps with my sound probs and i have masses of them.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 19, 13:17:57 by Havelock » Logged
nenechell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2005 September 19, 14:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only been playing with NL a couple of days, but I am curious if anyone else has noticed that you cannot get parents and children to dance togther any longer.  I have used this options repeatedly for my teen sims when working to get the fancy footwork scholarship.  Tried it last night, and it just wasn't an option for either the parent or the teen.

I was sort of able to get them to dance together by having one of them start dancing and the other one "join" but it didn't seem to help any with their dancing skill.  I also had a couple dance together (both pre-uni so both without a high footwork skill) and they danced together for quite a while but neither of them ever got the option under entertain to "bust a move" 

Other than this, I really haven't noticed much of anything that people have reported, but I am not playing too much mostly because of fear of messing up my game.  I have lost and rebuilt this particular neighborhood so many times and really don't want to go that route again.  Without all the fixes from Pescado and others, I fear the effect of the "great ball of fire visible from outer space" for my neighborhood so I probably won't play much until these problems can be fixed, but it sure is tempting.

Anyway, just thought I'd add my issue to the list.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: 2005 September 19, 15:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly is busting a move?  Do humans do it, or is it like the smustle, something thought up for Sims to do?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2005 September 19, 15:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly is busting a move?  Do humans do it, or is it like the smustle, something thought up for Sims to do?

Teenagers and young adults that are emotionaly stunted and mildly retarded "bust a move". Sadly, it is a real thing.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2005 September 19, 15:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teenagers and young adults that are emotionaly stunted and mildly retarded "bust a move". Sadly, it is a real thing.

Ahh so it is something a typical BBSheep would do  Grin

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2005 September 19, 15:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the child visitors leaving too early and I've never used the maxMotives cheat.

This is seperate - from what I can make out everyone is having that problem, teens leave early too. The maxMotives/instaleaving thing means that when a visitor is greeted they will instantly leave - you get a "it's late" pop up and then they are gone Smiley

I've only been playing with NL a couple of days, but I am curious if anyone else has noticed that you cannot get parents and children to dance togther any longer. I have used this options repeatedly for my teen sims when working to get the fancy footwork scholarship. Tried it last night, and it just wasn't an option for either the parent or the teen.

*sticks hand in air* I noticed, last night in fact and it's a pain the arse. I wanted that scolarship.

A proud thread pirate.
lauraglenn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2005 September 19, 15:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only been playing with NL a couple of days, but I am curious if anyone else has noticed that you cannot get parents and children to dance togther any longer.  I have used this options repeatedly for my teen sims when working to get the fancy footwork scholarship.  Tried it last night, and it just wasn't an option for either the parent or the teen.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with this problem!  I'm not glad that the problem exists, just that someone else has seen this and that it's not a figment of my imagination.  I can't get my teens to dance with their parents, even though the parent has high dancing skill.  There is no "dance together" option.  Even "Join" doesn't work very well.   Undecided
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2005 September 19, 17:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just bought NL on Friday, installed it on Saturday. Count me in with the people who have never used the "maxMotives" cheat (actually never heard of it before I read this thread)  and having visitors being greeted then the "wow! look at the time, gotta go" box pop up.
Also having the same problem with the graphics constantly resetting to default (lowest/off) every time the game is started even though my game runs fine when I reset them to higher settings. Very annoying to have to reset them every time.
I am also having a few sims (either born in-game sims or formerly NPC sims) with blank want slots.
The karoke is working pretty well, although I can barely hear my sims singing over the music (even after tweaking the audio settings).
I'm really happy to see a Maxoid visiting these boards, responding to questions and (hopefully Grin) taking note of the problems we are having. Thank you, MaxoidTom.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2005 September 19, 18:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is seperate - from what I can make out everyone is having that problem, teens leave early too. The maxMotives/instaleaving thing means that when a visitor is greeted they will instantly leave - you get a "it's late" pop up and then they are gone Smiley

I've only been playing with NL a couple of days, but I am curious if anyone else has noticed that you cannot get parents and children to dance togther any longer. I have used this options repeatedly for my teen sims when working to get the fancy footwork scholarship. Tried it last night, and it just wasn't an option for either the parent or the teen.

*sticks hand in air* I noticed, last night in fact and it's a pain the arse. I wanted that scolarship.

Thanks for the clarification Trubble.  Smiley I decided to treat myself to NL and although I'm having a total blast a few issues immediately popped up for me. So far it doesn't look as though I have the, "Look at the time, I've got to go" when you greet a visitor. But I do have teens and children who leave much earlier than before, and a few maids & gardeners have left before their jobs were done. Teens stay as long as a date lasts however, even past midnight. I've never used the maxMotives cheat but I do have Merola's Energizer and Multi painting enabled and they seem to work with no apparent problems. The only other hack I have enabled right now is Pescado's college clock. And the Maxis downloads, which I still don't understand why the game thinks they'll affect anything.

The biggest problem I'm having is what I was previously concerned about, namely the new cemetery feature. I've only been sucessful in moving the tombstones of Darleen Dreamer, Herb Oldie and Coral Oldie to Gothier Green Lawns. After I had the sim who was visiting the lot place the tombstones I expected that I'd have to go back into build & buy mode through the neighborhood view to permanently place the tombstones. It worked for them but ever since all my tombstones that I move to a community lot are visible when a sim is visiting the lot (right next to the payphone)  but invisible when I enter the lot in build and buy mode. So I can't set them up the way I'd like anymore, which is really frustrating. I can't make a nice cemetery. This happens regardless of the neighborhood I go to.

A related oddity is that now some of the sims in the Specter graveyard can be resurrected via the Grim Reaper phone. I don't know if I'd recommend it though. Willow & Creon Nigmos and Lyla Grunt came back totally bald. I was able to fix it with "change appearance" but I don't know if their files will fubar. Ichabod came back as a 159 year old elder.  Shocked And Willow & Creon come back as adults in elder skins and the only option to "change appearance" is for white hair. Even stranger, they all have complete personality files. I could have resurrected Olive's parents too if I wanted to. I wouldn't be suprised if Skip Broke could be resurrected too. I haven't tried him or any of the dead in Veronaville.

My teens won't dance with their parents either. It was previously a quick way for me to get the dancing scholarship, I guess now they have to dance with their agemates to obtain it?  Huh Bummer.

I like to keep an eye on my logs and have noticed some strange new errors in it from the most recent gameplay-
WARNING Production: Lifetime goal 0x2daaaba6 does not exist
.\source\TSWantSimulator.cpp(2042)
ERROR Production: Person NPC - Unique - Grim Reaper doesn't have an aspiration.
.\source\TSWantSimulator.cpp(3252)
ERROR Production: Person NPC - Hula Dancer doesn't have an aspiration.
.\source\TSWantSimulator.cpp(3252)

I don't understand why it matters that the Grim Reaper & Hula Dancers don't have aspirations. I can't figure out which Lifetime goal doesn't apparently exist either. Can anyone else make sense of these error and should I worry about them or ignore them?

So besides all that and the fact that my graphics resetting to default too when I start the game I'm having a pretty good time. Thanks again MaxoidTom for taking the time to look into all of this for us and helping us get it sorted out.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2005 September 19, 18:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more thing: after using a mirror to "change appearance" on a sim, their clothes in their pictures appear all blurry, looking truely terrible. Same thing when using JM's buy at home clothingtool. I don't know if this is related to the large, overbloated wants/fears/memories pictures. Anyone else experience this?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2005 September 19, 22:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're taking text as bugs: the undead scholarship text is not particulary suited for vampires. (It's in "zombie-english", but vampires are usually NOT retarded). The text should be replaced with something more generic for the undead.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2005 September 20, 01:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a bug but the new "anger" feature is annoying for people with University.

I went on a downtown lot and one joybuzz another Sim and he poked it, for 5 minutes they were poking each other and it ended in a fight.   This happened to me 5 times in the game and I could not do anything since I had no control on those Sims.

Could this please be adjust so if a Sim throw a balloon at another it won't finish with a fight.  Are my Sims doomed from time to time to hate every Sims in the neighborhood that don't have a nice personallity?
The Loot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2005 September 20, 01:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do find the new "Furious" thing funny sometimes, though maybe lowering the effects would be good.

But the one show-stopping bug so far, is the "Stuck Sim Lagging" problem.

Randomly, a sim will stand on the edge of the lot, doing nothing, and the game lags. I looked at a mod on MTS2 that HatedMaxoid (I think) pointed out, but the fix didn't stop it from happening, and the other mod to fix the portals didn't need to be done. Something else must be causing it. Any thoughts?
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2005 September 20, 01:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about you guys but the Dancing scholarship has disappeared for me in NL. I got several of my teens that had the high level dance skill apply for scholarships, they had all the others but not that one. It has definitely disappeared.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2005 September 20, 02:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it is a bug with your system then. I just checked mine and I have a sim who earned the scholarship after I installed Nightlife.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2005 September 20, 02:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the hacked stero that lets u set the skill level for dancing and used this quite a few times and they all got the schoolership so it would be your game.
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2005 September 20, 03:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I removed mine and tried to get bust-a-move and couldn't get it. I could see the dance change as the skilled up, but it never appeared.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2005 September 20, 03:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hacked stero hack seems to woking in my game I have had it in 5 days now.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2005 September 20, 07:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have a problem where the gardener will arrive, look at all the overgrown shrubs, dying flowers and overflowing weeds, and declare that 'All your plants are in wonderful condition!  They don't need any attention from me today!'

I can't remember if I left dailygardener in though, I'll check that tonight.

<insert witty comment here>
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2005 September 20, 07:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont seem to be having a problem with the daily gardener at all what is the issue with it.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2005 September 20, 07:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if that's the issue, I just know that the gardener is refusing to do any work, claiming that nothing needs doing.  My overgrown/dying plants say otherwise, however.

<insert witty comment here>
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: